Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

kitten_k wrote: »
    ^^^

Pic?

Never heard of an Easter Tree.

If I can figure how to post from my tablet I'll post one when I get home ;);)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Believe it or not it is a thing! I don't have one or would even consider getting one. I like leaving the decorations for the Christmas period and go OTT then :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh my god I'd completely forgotten about the existence of Easter trees! We used to have them when I was little. We used to love painting eggs for the tree - you put a hole in each end of the egg and blow all the yolk and whites out, and then tie a small piece of metal to the end of a string and poke it through one of the holes so you can hang it up. And then paint the eggs, of course.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Double Question today given the day that's in it,

What's the best April Fool's you've seen/heard about?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not one that anyone would fall for, but I'd say it was great fun for them to film and it sounds like the best idea ever!

• Advertisement

Are you doing anything nice for the Easter weekend?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Are you doing anything nice for the Easter weekend?

Two words... Chocolate Coma.... :pac::pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Two words... Chocolate Coma.... :pac::pac:

Best Easter ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Heading to see Jersey Boys

How much chocolate have you eaten this Easter?

I've only had a couple of chocolate pralines and about a quarter of an Easter egg. I think the idea of eating chocolate all day appeals to me more than the reality of doing it. :D

• Advertisement

How much chocolate have you eaten this Easter?

I've only had a couple of chocolate pralines and about a quarter of an Easter egg. I think the idea of eating chocolate all day appeals to me more than the reality of doing it. :D

I managed to finish off a Giant Cadbury's Egg and a small one all to myself over the course of the 4 days. I still have two more to get through as well. :o

I honestly thought I'd make short work of them, but as you said sometimes the idea appeals more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I'm not much of a chocolate eater at the best of times, and when I do partake it tends to be that gorgeous white chocolate. Yum! My lovely wife bought me a scrumptious white egg this year which was 'painted' with different colours, each different colour being a different flavour. Ate most of it. Just a few remnants left now. And I'll almost certainly nosh them tonight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

washiskin wrote: »
    Hello fellow elves! Do you put up an Easter tree? I got a present of painted eggs an ceramic bunnies from Switzerland years ago as my sis saw trees in the shop there. I put them away and as per usual I forgot where and my o/h found them on Sunday (16 yrs later:eek:). So I put mine up yesterday.

All our Easter decorations got stored away again today for another year. Easter wreath for the hall door and various singing bunny and eggs along with a basket of Easter egg decorations and Easter trees (yes we have three Easter trees :) ) are all stored away for another year. Why not celebrate and decorate is my motto :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Easter trees??

Tell me more...

Posy wrote: »
    Easter trees??

Tell me more...

Ok, hope this works......

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Easter trees??

Tell me more...

Usually something along these lines. Mine has little light as well. You can actually get a lot of Easter decorations in lots of the shops now.

344756.JPG

If you could pick a superpower for yourself, what would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

It's got to be Invisibility. Oh the things i could do :)

gidget wrote: »
    It's got to be Invisibility. Oh the things i could do :)

Yea that would have been my pick, either that or time-travel. Hello lotto numbers.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea that would have been my pick, either that or time-travel. Hello lotto numbers.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't pick the power of SANTA CLAUS :pac:

My choice would be teleportation

• Advertisement

Wait... are you plotting to overthrow Santa!!? :eek:

I was watching this earlier

How would you improve current snacks or drinks to make them Christmas-themed?

I'm surprised that Cadburys have never prppermint barked up a Mint Crisp for the Christmas Season.

Today's Question,

When is everyones next holiday? 6.5 weeks to mine! Not that I'm counting :p

I'm on mine now!! :)

Flying to Dubrovnik tomorrow- so the forum's all yours, Loughc! :D

I'm on mine now!! :)

Flying to Dubrovnik tomorrow- so the forum's all yours, Loughc! :D

Have a great time!! :D

It sounds lovely and by no means did I have to google Dubrovnik as everyone knows Dubrovnik (Croatian pronunciation: [dǔbroːʋniːk]) is a Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea, in the region of Dalmatia.

:P

Dubrovnik is supposed to be gorgeous. Have a lovely time.

Have to wait until September for my holiday but we have the Cat Laughs to look forward to in a month so that will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Heading Ibiza on 23rd May for 10 days. Can't wait.

Took and extra long weekend for the May bank holiday so looking forward to that too.

Does coming home to Ireland count as a holiday? I'll be back for five days in May - it's a bank holiday here in England and I've put an extra day on each end, which will be lovely because when you only have two days at home it's impossible to see everyone!

Otherwise I haven't anything properly planned - I'm looking at going to Kenya at the end of August, but won't be booking anything for a few weeks

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    Does coming home to Ireland count as a holiday? I'll be back for five days in May - it's a bank holiday here in England and I've put an extra day on each end, which will be lovely because when you only have two days at home it's impossible to see everyone!

And yes it does count! :)

Advertisement