Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithwick Experience hit's Lonely Planet Hot List

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not been on the tour, but seems to be some positive comments on thejournal comments section about it

http://www.thejournal.ie/smithwicks-experience-kilkenny-best-new-tourist-attraction-1871672-Jan2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

that's good news - Kilkenny is a great little place...

.....how long before some moaning Michael here tells us how s**te it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've heard a lot of great things about the tour and it's always nice to see things like this succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

28 euro for family of 5 seems decent value (if booked online). Might give it a go next time the kids are off school. Couple of free pints for me at the end of it too, can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Very enjoyable tour, nice mix of technology and the personal touch. I went with a group of friends. Good insight into the history of smithwicks and how the beer is made. Nice pint at the end too.

• Advertisement

.....so far so good.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Is an entertaining rather than historical or educational tour. Not a mention that Smithwicks was sold or that it's no longer brewed there

Is an entertaining rather than historical or educational tour. Not a mention that Smithwicks was sold or that it's no longer brewed there

....close......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's strange, now the brewery is closed and no longer actually brewing beer they have decided to invest in the Visitor Experience!?
    When the plant was operational and brewing, the tour thing was an irregular afterthought, was very limited and rarely open.

Well the Guinness experience in Dublin doesn't feature any real brewery so I don't see what the big deal is here. The Guinness tour is enjoyable, and this sounds good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Well the Guinness experience in Dublin doesn't feature any real brewery so I don't see what the big deal is here. The Guinness tour is enjoyable, and this sounds good too.

No I agree I think it's fantastic just odd that when it was an actual brewery Diageo had no interest in this side of things!

road_high wrote: »
    No I agree I think it's fantastic just odd that when it was an actual brewery Diageo had no interest in this side of things!

This is true. Diageo make odd decisions generally though imo!

Advertisement