Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image is skewed on monitor

Options
  • 08-01-2015 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've today built a new system for web browsing/video playback.

Mobo: FM2 A55M-DS2
    CPU: AMD A10 5700
    Graphics: Integrated Radeon HD 7660D
    RAM: 4GB
    DVD burner Drive
    2x Sandisk 128GB SSD in RAID 1

I've installed Catalyst Drivers 14.12. Machine is connected to 40" TV via VGA

The problem is that whenever I boot the machine, the image is shifted partially to the right, such that it gets a little bit cut off at the right hand edge of the screen. I can see only the hours on the clock, and the day and month. There is a black bar on the left hand side.
    I can change it within Screen Resolution (bringing it down to 1366 x 768, then back up to 1920 x 1080) however, these changes don't persist whenever I restart the system.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Go into the TV menu and look for an option to "Auto Adjust" under video options. In the Catalyst control Center Overscan may be enabled under display properties, disable this if it is. Don't think this is relevant to VGA connections though

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

I found the auto-adjust in my TV's settings, which fixed the image in a couple of seconds, but when I rebooted, the image was skewed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you look in the tv manual, under pc, settings, theres usually 4or 5 suggested pc vga resolutions, try 1024x768, and then the highest resolution listed in the tv,
    Check does the tv support pc vga 75mhz refresh rate.
    OR set refresh rate pc graphics card to 60mhz,
    See does it fix the problem.
    Just because has tv has vga in, doesn,t mean it,ll support all the pc resolutions that a pc monitor supports.
    eg my vga monitors max resolution is 1280x1024 .

my hdtv has max refresh rate 60mhz for vga pc input .
    I checked the manual before i connected my laptop to the tv.
    IT may look better on 60mhz refresh rate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    I found the auto-adjust in my TV's settings, which fixed the image in a couple of seconds, but when I rebooted, the image was skewed again.

Would it be possible to use HDMI as a connection option instead? May solve the issue. It could be that the TV doesn't store the adjusted settings, so when the resolution changes when you reboot the TV just switches back as before

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Would it be possible to use HDMI as a connection option instead? May solve the issue. It could be that the TV doesn't store the adjusted settings, so when the resolution changes when you reboot the TV just switches back as before

Nick

Problem has solved itself, sorry that I didn't update. By the way, no I can't use HDMI, the machine doesn't have HDMI out (just VGA and DVI on the mobo, and it will probably be a while before I put a discrete card in).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Off topic, but why did you spend so much on 2xSSD when the rest of the pc seems relatively less expensive?
    RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Mobo: FM2 A55M-DS2
    CPU: AMD A10 5700
    Graphics: Integrated Radeon HD 7660D
    RAM: 4GB
    DVD burner Drive
    2x Sandisk 128GB SSD in RAID 1

On topic, there may be options in Catalyst Control Center to resolve the issue, but you should exhaust other non software methods first.

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Off topic, but why did you spend so much on 2xSSD when the rest of the pc seems relatively less expensive?

I like fast boot times and this was the first RAID array I've ever made, I wanted to try it out. So far, I'm loving it, faster boot times than my much beefier gaming rig (which is just a single SSD). Also the SSDs weren't that expensive, only about 50-60 odd each, can't remember the exact amount.

Advertisement