Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosh pit stabbing at Cattle Decapitation gig!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is a band called Cattle Decapitation?! Did all the other names get used up?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Says the fan should be ok, thank god. Don't go into the pit if you don't wanna get pushed around!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What in the name of jaysus was someone doing in the pit at a gig like that if he was going to get stabby after getting pushed around a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That's so awful :(:(

Thankfully they'll be alright. Still though, scary the types of people out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What in the name of jaysus was someone doing in the pit at a gig like that if he was going to get stabby after getting pushed around a bit?

At a guess? Sounds like someone who wasn't a metal fan and had no clue about mosh pits or metal gigs at all. Sometimes people just go to an event because it's on, not that they've any interest in it. Like when Ozzfest came to Ireland one year, I didn't go to it myself, but friends of mine had stories about some people who went to it who clearly didn't belong there, one guy was in the crowd when a mosh pit broke out and kept turning around to people going "are you tryin' ta fight me!?" before heading off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There is a band called Cattle Decapitation?! Did all the other names get used up?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Links234 wrote: »
    At a guess? Sounds like someone who wasn't a metal fan and had no clue about mosh pits or metal gigs at all. Sometimes people just go to an event because it's on, not that they've any interest in it. Like when Ozzfest came to Ireland one year, I didn't go to it myself, but friends of mine had stories about some people who went to it who clearly didn't belong there, one guy was in the crowd when a mosh pit broke out and kept turning around to people going "are you tryin' ta fight me!?" before heading off.

Even if you don't know about mosh pits and how to act in them, it still takes a special type of scum to slash someone with a knife. If you're going around with a knife then you are looking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Even if you don't know about mosh pits and how to act in them, it still takes a special type of scum to slash someone with a knife. If you're going around with a knife then you are looking for trouble.

Oh absolutely! dude was serious scum, not excusing it for a second

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh absolutely! dude was serious scum, not excusing it for a second

I like that he got seven shades of shite knocked out of him by the other moshers, it's the only positive I can see in this bizarre tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Plastic Cavanman

Everyone should get a kicking if they bring a knife to a mosh pit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement