Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for classic games compendium

• 09-01-2015 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of classic board games e.g. chess, checkers, backgammon, ludo etc.

I spent this afternoon trying to find one in Dublin city to no avail.

Nothing in Banba toys in Jervis street or Easons on O'Connell street. Easons had plenty of
    these obscure "pyramid" type wooden games for 25 euro, no wonder they're in trouble.

Nothing in the snooty tabletop game shop off Jervis street.

Art and hobby in the Jervis centre had a small travel set of 6 games for a whopping 30 euro.

Not even a plain old chess set in Smyth's, it's sad really.

Does anyone know where I can find one? I'd like to buy from an actual shop or an Irish online retailer?

What does it say about Ireland when you can spend a fortune on exclusive tabletop and board games,
    but cannot find a cheap chess set - the game most tabletop and strategy games are based on,
    for sale in our nation's capital?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Argos has chess and draught sets.
    Toymasters might have some as well in their boardgame sections.
    What does it say about Ireland when you can spend a fortune on exclusive tabletop and board games,but cannot find a cheap chess set - the game most tabletop and strategy games are based on,
    for sale in our nation's capital?

It says that people don't play it any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Consey

Hi, CLASSIC GAMES Compendium by IDEAL was bought by Santy at Christmas. His helpers tried all the shops around Dublin but ended up getying it off Amazon. Not fancy but loads of games and instructions and kids and us are having great fun with it. V happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I got in touch with Santa's helpdesk at Amazon and the same set is on it's way to us now.

Am looking forward to a good game of tiddly winks, thanks for the tip!

Advertisement