Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lampard never signed for New York City and is solely registered for Manchester City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its very messy, I dont expect the FA to anything about it though as the ramifications of potential 3rd party ownership is involved.
    If they do and its a big if, City will only get a slap on the wrist and nothing severe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the normal protocol was you go to New York City and get mugged, not you don't go to New York City but mug them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The MLS can sign all the Gerrards they want, but when they allow this kind of stuff to go on they will never grow as a league and be taken any way seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Corholio wrote: »
    The MLS can sign all the Gerrards they want, but when they allow this kind of stuff to go on they will never grow as a league and be taken any way seriously.

In fairness it looks like the MLS has been mugged off in this one. Realistically what can the league do about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

duffman13 wrote: »
    In fairness it looks like the MLS has been mugged off in this one. Realistically what can the league do about this?

They announced his signing and advertised season tickets based on his signing. Either the MLS knew about this 'no formal contract' with NY, or they didn't. Either way it shows them up as outrageously amateur and pandering to City's part ownership.

If Lampard is owned by CFG and not City, then hes at City via 3rd party ownership.

At the very worst, most severe punishment, City would get points docked.

Although in saying that, I dont think City with their team of people would be silly enough not to know this and allow it to happen, if it has, then again, I cant see the FA coming down hard on them, apart from a bit of outrage state side, which is justified, I cant see any implactions on this side of the Atlantic for City or Lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Not sure of the legal ramifications of it but it stinks to high heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haven't the FA already come out and said they're happy with Lampard's ownership situation?

He will go to the US in July IMO same as Gerrard.

CSF wrote: »
    Haven't the FA already come out and said they're happy with Lampard's ownership situation?

He will go to the US in July IMO same as Gerrard.

Its up to the CFG to either out and say they knew about Lampard joining City and thus, in effect, lying to the fans of the MLS about Lampard or that Lampard is registered with the CFG and makes his deal with City a 3rd party deal.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its up to the CFG to either out and say they knew about Lampard joining City and thus, in effect, lying to the fans of the MLS about Lampard or that Lampard is registered with the CFG and makes his deal with City a 3rd party deal.
    Or alternatively, say nothing, seeing as the Premier League have already confirmed they're happy with the situation.

I suspect this will be their approach.

I can imagine City will be urging them to do so in this situation alright.

I can imagine City will be urging them to do so in this situation alright.
    Realistically, aren't they City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

All this clubs linked with, and\or owning other clubs is a load ****

Trilla wrote: »
    All this clubs linked with, and\or owning other clubs is a load ****
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd like to think this is all happening to spite this fan
    %C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%20A%20Chelsea's%20fan%20holds%20a%20message%20in%20support%20of%20Frank%20Lampard.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why?

I understand the benefits of it, hence the vulgar word beginning with 'w' I used has benefits also.

I just don't like it all the time, prefer to keep it simple. Complications like this is a part of modern football I detest

The joint ownership of players, especially when not owned by clubs gets on me nerves big shhytle!

Trilla wrote: »
    I understand the benefits of it, hence the vulgar word beginning with 'w' I used has benefits also.

I just don't like it all the time, prefer to keep it simple. Complications like this is a part of modern football I detest

The joint ownership of players, especially when not owned by clubs gets on me nerves big shhytle!

I agree with the joint ownership and 3rd party ownership but don't really see the problem with City and New York being commonly owned, with City loaning youth players to New York and City snapping up players from New York that are good enough for an EPL title race.

As long as Lampard's contract is in fact with City, or there's a valid loan contract from New York to Man City, I think it's fine.

But I agree that footballers should not be owned by individuals or 3rd party companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I agree with the joint ownership and 3rd party ownership but don't really see the problem with City and New York being commonly owned, with City loaning youth players to New York and City snapping up players from New York that are good enough for an EPL title race.

As long as Lampard's contract is in fact with City, or there's a valid loan contract from New York to Man City, I think it's fine.

But I agree that footballers should not be owned by individuals or 3rd party companies.

It can also be used to bypass FFP.

For example, NY club buys Mangala and sells him to City for free. If City wants to cover up any losses then sell their least important player to NY for hefty sum, just like how they reported that they sold some asset (players database) to Australian club for 20 plus million.

Realistically, aren't they City?

Ya, as an umbrella company to the people that own City.

Still dont think anything will happen at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Giggsy11 wrote: »

For example, NY club buys Mangala and sells him to City for free. If City wants to cover up any losses then sell their least important player to NY for hefty sum, just like how they reported that they sold some asset (players database) to Australian club for 20 plus million.

And if it isn't this method, there will be some other way to beat FFP.

That'll be the nature of FFP for a while.

Club finds loophole, UEFA closes loophole, club finds another loophole, repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days. When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015. I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York.This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season. There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone. I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible. Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015!

From his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/franklampard?ref=br_tf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I used to do this in championship manager all the time, back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jaymcg91 wrote: »

So Lampard is now saying that Man City are lying to the Premier League. Good one Frank, thanks for clearing it up.

Pro. F wrote: »
    So Lampard is now saying that Man City are lying to the Premier League. Good one Frank, thanks for clearing it up.

City are saying NY announcing signing of Lampard was an error, City announcing him signing on loan was an error. Lol too many errors to make anyone believe the BS story. Even Pelligrini in so many interviews said they would like to extend Lampard's loan, why did he say that if Lampard was never on loan. Maybe one more error.

Only fair way to deal with it is deduct points for every game he played in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Only fair way to deal with it is deduct points for every game he played in :pac:

Absolutely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If his registration isnt correct, 3-0 results for every match he has minutes on the field is the minimum that should happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Here's the thing though - no matter if it is deemed incorrect or not, the league won't do a single thing. The depth of City's pockets if it comes to a legal war of attrition simply scares the sh*t out of the Premiership and probably even UEFA/FIFA, I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The way I understand it is that he signed to start a contract for NYFC in Jan, leaving him a free agent until then, which means playing for City up until then wasn't a loan, but a short term contract? So the loan should have been announced by Jan 1st. It seems pretty convoluted and at least a couple of people within the club structures don't seem to understand it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I used to do this in championship manager all the time, back in the day.

That pretty much sums it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaymcg91 wrote: »

Some flutes in the comments!
    Lampards name will hold its head high in the list of all time great players of the EPL.
    A hero and a gentleman, a class act if ever there was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

My understanding is that Lampard had signed a contract with the club, New York City, which in turn is owned by the same owners as Manchester City. Pellegrini then went to owners and said he wanted to keep Lampard for rest of season and the loan was extended.

However, there is a high possibilty 3rd party ownership is involved. I'd love to know just who or with what entity Lampard signed a contract with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

City will get deducted points, Chelsea will win the league and the main mastermind behind all of this will sit back and smile. He got rid of Lampard knowing this would happen, it was his plan all along.

One José Mourinho.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Don't think it's possible with mls rules, they have strict policies on signings/wages.

..not entirely sure but I think they have a cap of 250k a year wage/signing fees per player outside of the 3 designated players a team is allowed per season

...or something like that

If not MLS then some Australian club or some Arabic club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Interesting comments from Lampard in the Times. He said ‘There was no talk of Manchester City. It was all New York’. He said he thought he wouldn't be playing for New York for 6 months and that he could possibly train with Chelsea to stay fit.

He clearly didn't even understand who he was signing for and it looks like he is being held for the remainder of the season against his wishes.

City need to be called out on this IMO, as it seems they misled every party involved in this deal.

Here's the article http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4319252.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Would love to see lampard come out against this, not because it's city, if I absolutely had to pick a team in the PL for it to happen to they would be one of them, this stinks to high heavens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Panthro wrote: »
    Some flutes in the comments!
    A hero and a gentleman, a class act if ever there was one.
    Well apart from sex tape with Rio & Dyer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

zAbbo wrote: »
    Well apart from sex tape with Rio & Dyer...

Were there girls involved too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lukker- wrote: »
    Interesting comments from Lampard in the Times. He said ‘There was no talk of Manchester City. It was all New York’. He said he thought he wouldn't be playing for New York for 6 months and that he could possibly train with Chelsea to stay fit.

He clearly didn't even understand who he was signing for and it looks like he is being held for the remainder of the season against his wishes.

City need to be called out on this IMO, as it seems they misled every party involved in this deal.

Here's the article http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4319252.ece

Ah here, you can't possibly believe that Lampard is being held at City against his wishes?

Blatter wrote: »
    Ah here, you can't possibly believe that Lampard is being held at City against his wishes?

Most papers say he wanted to go to New York in January so as not to anger the fans or damage his reputation but it wasn't possible under PL rules the way City structured the deal it would be admitting to 3rd party ownership if he was allowed join up with New York.

Most papers say he wanted to go to New York in January so as not to anger the fans or damage his reputation but it wasn't possible under PL rules the way City structured the deal it would be admitting to 3rd party ownership if he was allowed join up with New York.

You do realise that lampard has to agree to the 'loan extension' or any change in contract. He cannot be forced to, it's called duress and contracts are not legally binding if that happens

Dempsey wrote: »
    You do realise that lampard has to agree to the 'loan extension' or any change in contract. He cannot be forced to, it's called duress and contracts are not legally binding if that happens

There was no change in the contract though because the contract he signed was with City and New York's holding company. From what he has repeatedly said which completely contradicts what City are saying, he was under the impression he was signing for New York and not City. He said there was absolutely no talk of City in contract negotiations. Then we have City saying to the PL that he 100% signed for City and not New York? Something is clearly wrong if a player doesn't know who he's signing for.

There was no change in the contract though because the contract he signed was with City and New York's holding company. From what he has repeatedly said which completely contradicts what City are saying, he was under the impression he was signing for New York and not City. He said there was absolutely no talk of City in contract negotiations. Then we have City saying to the PL that he 100% signed for City and not New York? Something is clearly wrong if a player doesn't know who he's signing for.

Yet, he's happy to be playing for city.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yet, he's happy to be playing for city.

Well he's 36 and on the bench most weeks and they are paying him 180k a week.

His recent comments clearly show he doesn't appreciate the damage it's done to his reputation especially if the FA get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Nothing will happen because nobody's kicking up a fuss about it.
    A twitter campaign is what we need. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lampard obviously new what was happening at every step of the way and is lying now to try and save face. The idea that a player could sign a contract thinking he would play for one team and then be forced to play for another team is beyond ridiculous.

His recent comments clearly show he doesn't appreciate the damage it's done to his reputation especially if the FA get involved.

His public comments dont mean shít.

He's happy where he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

What damage to his reputation? The affair makes City look bad, not him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement