Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending on Vaping

Options
  • 09-01-2015 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Anyone stick to a budget re vaping? So far I've just been playing it by ear but just went through my card spending on vaping there for my first year in my bank app. I was pretty...er, surprised.

Usually I've been thinking 'whatever keeps me off the stinkies' but I got a big shock. Now I'm thinking about all those coils I throw out cause they're not fresh enough, the cheaper juice I won't vape, clearos bought 'just to see' etc. Living above my means :rolleyes: I can't think of a time tbh where if I've had the money I haven't spent it whether or not I need the gear. (Luckily I don't have a lot of money :))

Anyone stick to a disciplined budget? Do you have a system or anything (monthly spending? only x devices on the go at one time? DIY etc.?) or just found a setup you're happy with?

I'm not mad about it as all the other benefits have been worth it but for my second year I'd like to get it settled more. I'm a bit closer to what I was spending on cigs than I feel good about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Re atomisers, I dont think its gonna get much better than the Kayfun Lite+ so happy with my two and will probably get another. They're super durable and are got for around €30.

The iStick is pretty amazing and is surprisingly cheap. Saw it for £25 yesterday. Mechanical mods are cheap enough too. I have one iStick and one Kato (Mech mod) and am happy with that till the iStick needs replacing.

Cheap enough with RBA's when theres no coils needing to be bought and cotton and kanthal is so cheap.

The problem is with the liquid... I think it takes a long time to nail down your palette but when you have it, the idea is to go perma DIY once you've worked out decent recipes.

Anyway.... Its definitely most expensive at the start as you can get real obsessive with it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Not really on a budget as such but I'm down to spending 35-40 Euro a month at this stage as I am using RBA 99% of the time and mix my own all day juice.
    In the beginning it was a different story with buying/trying different clearos and juices and buying coils, also bought a couple of MODs
    all included I still reckon that I have spent around 1K so far everything included, compared to 450+ per month on ciggies that's still over 4K saving since 17th December 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

With so much stuff coming out every month it's hard to keep your mouse pointer away from the purchase button so budgeting would become much better.
    I agree that once you find your all day vape you can get into DIY; I'm not that handy in the field and still I was able to mix without problems. JwC recommends vapebase.de - looks like they've great prices.

On the tank end, I like to do a lot of research before I make my purchase. I've bought a Kayfun lite plus clone early last year, I was happy with it so then bought another one plus spares to keep me going. It's not even worth considering kanthal and organic cotton.

On the mod end, I'm still using Vamos. I'm happy with what they offer and they've lasted me a lot considering the price. To make sure I'll get the best out of my mod, I'll try to get something with 18650 batteries instead of battery-included. I've plenty of batts lying around and when they run out of power I can go ahead and buy new ones instead of replacing the whole box/tube.

I do go on a small splurge here and there, mostly on parts and tank clones but then again it wouldn't come close to the money that would have been spent on smokes.

Hope this helps accaguest, vape on!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Yeah, DIY and rebuilding looks worth getting into. Damn there's some tasty juices sold though. Then one more device, a high end chip with 18650 and that should be me set. Definitely. Event with all the shiny/pretty/ tasty things. :pac:

Sure I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw a year's cigarette spending anyway.

Tbh though, if juice got cheaper I'd be grand I think. Devices coming down by the day but good juice is going up if anything? Not as much scope for cost cutting maybe? 100mls for half the price of what 5 x 20ml bottles cost me wd be great, but no bulk discounts with most premium juice that I can find.

EDIT: I buy 30ml not 20ml. Averaging out at about €20 a week for juice, if I could halve that I'd be very happy.

I've found my advs, they're just bloody expensive :).

Haven't been this healthy in years though. I might just reclass the spending as Health and Body :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I'll be sending out some of my own juice to a few people of this forum tomorrow, if you want I can post you a bottle as well so you can get an idea of what can be done making your own juice, it might not be to your taste of course but so far I have only gotten very good feed back on it.
    PM me address if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

accaguest wrote: »
    Tbh though, if juice got cheaper I'd be grand I think. Devices coming down by the day but good juice is going up if anything?

I've been thinking about this lately myself and wondering if we are to blame for the price of juice going up ? People seem to be willing to pay outlandish prices for some juices like they were some rare Bordeaux wines when at the end of the day they are some blended chemicals . I can see how you would charge more for some of the juices that aren't the chemically tasting Chinese ones but you know that if the large chain stores get into these they are going to come down below the €5 for 10ml mark bringing the slightly better ones to €5 which I think would be reasonable .

As regards Vape spend for me , well it will never be a cheap as smoking was as I got my tobacco sent/brought over from Lanzarote as I have a brother living there . I have, however , managed to keep it really reasonable cheap by ........... having very little money :D . I steep my coils in cheap vodka over night to reuse them and I use a vamo and two mech mod pipes . I get my local Vape shop to make up 100ml flavourless juice for me and get a few bottles of flavoured vaping dog . I want one box vv/vw mod and will probably go for the new Clouper mini or the IPV mini ( which I see just now on bestshop for €50 ) .

accaguest wrote: »
    Haven't been this healthy in years though. I might just reclass the spending as Health and Body :D.

That's it! You can't put a price on health!

Looks like some e-juices are priced a bit higher nowadays. I would rather think it's the market settling in - you still find decent juice for change though more expensive eliquids are starting to pour in (pardon the pun).

On the mod side, I've noticed the fashion trend starting to grow too, people buying tanks and mods just for the statement. Sure if your cash flow allows it go for it, why not?
    Otherwise, sticking to a good mod and a good tank will last you a good while. My first Vamo purchased in 2013 is still going strong and I only vape around 15w tops. Although I'll be in the market for a box mod soon, hey I can't ignore the trend forever :)

Buy for quality and you'll have it for a while. Buy for fashion and it's going to be out of the "trend" before the post man delivers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Like Jonski I was bringing/getting my tobacco from abroad so smoking was costing me very little but due to shinyitis vaping is costing me a fortune.
    I made my first order with FT mid March last year and according to my rebate points I have over $3000 spent since >.< with them alone but I do feel healthier :)

I have over $3000 spent since

When and where are you opening a shop ? :D

LoL ,I've turned a spare room into a vaping den :D

[IMG][/img]xv4XoH3.jpg

• Advertisement

Speechless

Well it's become a hobby and it's better than a room full of butts :P

jonski wrote: »
    Speechless

Just about to say that but I was out of words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Holy crap dude. I've spent a small fortune over the past few years on vaping, more so in the last couple of months, but all of my stuff fits in my top drawer :P Hopefully now that I'm set with my set up, my spending should level off to just juice.

I have a few more orders coming and that should do me for the rest of the year unless something special comes along but I think I'm coming to the end of my shinyitis :)

I have a few more orders coming and that should do me for the rest of the year unless something special comes along but I think I'm coming to the end of my shinyitis :)

I think you WANT it to be over. That's why you said "meh" on the new pics of the IPV3 that Dimitri tweeted about the other day :D

JK, looks like innovation isn't much of a thing - just watt chase... And I still keep mines at 15w. So we should all be spared from shinytis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Oh. Wow.

I think you're right Boogie,I've even managed to trim my wishlist on FT from 27 pages down to 6 :P

I think you're right Boogie,I've even managed to trim my wishlist on FT from 27 pages down to 6 :P

:pac::pac::pac:

Wtf that's gotta be every rba, rda and mod on fasttech!
    Fair play man. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

A vape pr0n centerfold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Lot's of spare kitchen roll down the bottom too :pac: :eek:

Lots of juice flying around there >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Well it's become a hobby and it's better than a room full of butts :P
    Amazing!
    (Except for the Coors light, you big girls blouse ya!)

Well it's important to keep hydrated when vaping and it was all that was left in the fridge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Well it's important to keep hydrated when vaping and it was all that was left in the fridge :P
    Lol, yeah yeah, you just go ahead and justify it any way you can.....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I'll be sending out some of my own juice to a few people of this forum tomorrow, if you want I can post you a bottle as well so you can get an idea of what can be done making your own juice, it might not be to your taste of course but so far I have only gotten very good feed back on it.
    PM me address if you want

Would you mind giving me some advice on making my own vape.I would live to start of on a re mixed 50/50 VG pg 16/18mg nicotine in loads of flavours.Interested to know am I better buying VG and pg and nicotine separately.sorry I am really a newbie but really interested if you think its worth the effort.I've a evod not sure of type just basic and a spare tank.thanks.I have just the pens at the moment.am I better sticking to cheap premixed 10mls in such basic vaping set ups do you think.where can I get supplies.sorry so many questions there's too much information I get lost in.lot of jargon.can you get a cheap mix ie.VG pg and nico and then just add my own flavours.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Would you mind giving me some advice on making my own vape.I would live to start of on a re mixed 50/50 VG pg 16/18mg nicotine in loads of flavours.Interested to know am I better buying VG and pg and nicotine separately.sorry I am really a newbie but really interested if you think its worth the effort.I've a evod not sure of type just basic and a spare tank.thanks.I have just the pens at the moment.am I better sticking to cheap premixed 10mls in such basic vaping set ups do you think.where can I get supplies.sorry so many questions there's too much information I get lost in.lot of jargon.can you get a cheap mix ie.VG pg and nico and then just add my own flavours.thanks.

You wont get many replies on this thread as it is over 2 years old,go here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102114448#post102114448 or start a new thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497

Advertisement