Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd ripper to mac

Options
  • 09-01-2015 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Hi , I want to rip some of my box set dvds to mac .What software should i use ?Is there a suitable free software i can use to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Handbrake

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Senecio wrote: »
    Handbrake

Link

+ 1 for handbrake. Never any issues using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Handbreak won't rip copy protected DVDs (what the OP said he wanted to do), you will need something like MacTheRipper to decode them first then feed the resulting files to Handbrake.

Of course this is completely illegal and I do not suggest or condone you do this.

From Handbrake website:

Supported Input Sources:
    Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay
    sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.

Also:

What HandBrake Is, What HandBrake Isn't
    HandBrake is a GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder.

HandBrake is not a ripper. It converts video, it does not rip it byte by byte.
    It does not crack the latest DVD copy protection schemes hatched by the studios.

It converts video from nearly any format to a handful of modern ones—that's it.

Ken

Advertisement