Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband & Phone package

Options
  • 09-01-2015 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Currently with SkyBB+Phone €50 p/m, but looking to change:

Has anyone got this as i rang up eircom a while ago, here's what they were offering:

Unlimited Off-Peak + BB HomePlus 3MB (as no chance of NGB, let alone E-fibre :o)

• €35 -> 1st 6mths
    • €50 -> after 6mths
    • €30 off 2nd bill, if i use current modem/router
    • E-Mobile 150
    • 150 calls+texts -> any mobile,
    • 150 calls+texts -> meteor + e-mobile
    • Free smartphone -> Alcatel Pop S3 (was told made by Samsung)
    That's about most of the details, probably more info+choice on website (of phone)

Has anyone gotten this & what's their verdict.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Has anyone moved back to eircom or are they happy enough with what they got?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm with Sky and just on a rolling one month contract/cancellation period. However every few weeks I do check around the other providers web sites but I haven't yet found any that matches or beats what I'm getting with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

muffler wrote: »
    I'm with Sky and just on a rolling one month contract/cancellation period. However every few weeks I do check around the other providers web sites but I haven't yet found any that matches or beats what I'm getting with Sky.

Hi Muffler,

I just happened to hear the ad on the radio & rang up to see what else was on offer, as i often hear Charlie on the Last Word (Indo Finance Editor, whose surname escapes me) as he says not enough people check around!

Haven't really looked at the website to see how long you would have to take it up for, as the ad was for E-fibre & would be cheaper in the long run, similar as it would only cost me €40 if i was in catchment area!

We're in the same boat with BB & i assume your exchange is not ready for NGB let alone E-fibre

The only gripe at the moment, is that i can't get the internet on the desktop in another room, could with eircom.

I don't know what that phone looks like, as a spare one would be handy, Paying the same BB with sky
    Similar old tariff with Tescomobile.

Advertisement