Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Definitely seen enough of Townsend to form the opinion that he's never gonna be a success here. Plenty of teams out there who will take him in a heartbeat, if not now, then in the summer.

Not trying to single him out, but enough's, enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Definitely seen enough of Townsend to form the opinion that he's never gonna be a success here. Plenty of teams out there who will take him in a heartbeat, if not now, then in the summer.

Couldnt agree more, a headless chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Yep he was pretty rubbish

This game was an accident waiting to happen. Away London derby , electric atmosphere, new manger , us coming off the back of one of our best wins in years - we were just bound to get beaten

Back to earth , lift the heads now for burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Singling out Townsend once again, fcuk off.
    Where was the top class midfielder dembele, the lad some of you said was so amazing, he was crap again...

Anyway, good evening

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Where was the top class midfielder dembele, the lad some of you said was so amazing, he was crap again...

Anyway, good evening

Come on Hatch, Dembele was average but Townsend was just muck. In fact, i thought Dembele had one of is better games in a while!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »

Anyway, good evening

You always single out dembele in fairness :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    Yep he was pretty rubbish

This game was an accident waiting to happen. Away London derby , electric atmosphere, new manger , us coming off the back of one of our best wins in years - we were just bound to get beaten

Back to earth , lift the heads now for burnley

Yup, you need thick skin being a Tottenham fan. Highs and lows, it's what you come to expect. But it's always been like this, I believe I'm masochist. I don't know any other way, I kinda like it.

Hurt me....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Still not sure about the peno...

Anyway. We have stolen a few points ourselves this season so what goes around, comes around I suppose.

I didn't think we were that bad... or that palace were that great either tbh.

Think the manager needs to hold his hands up on the subs though.

West Brom will be twice as tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Still not sure about the peno...

Anyway. We have stolen a few points ourselves this season so what goes around, comes around I suppose.

I didn't think we were that bad... or that palace were that great either tbh.

Think the manager needs to hold his hands up on the subs though.

West Brom will be twice as tough

3 points from Chelsea and Palace. Its s tough defeat but we gotta bounce back.

Sunderland at home is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dembele was ten times better than useless Townsend today that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

tippspur wrote: »
    Dembele was ten times better than useless Townsend today that's for sure.

Hardly a recommendation :D

We missed Mason's aggression in the middle. Also Stambouli is beyond average. What possesed him to dive into that challenge in the penalty area? Plenty white shirts around and yet he makes a challenge like that.

slegs wrote: »
    3 points from Chelsea and Palace. Its s tough defeat but we gotta bounce back.

Sunderland at home is huge.

Yes, thought we had west brom next but thats not for a while yet. Really disappointing result, a chance to go fourth, keep the run going. Now Liverpool are right back in the mix, just two points back.

Fully expect arsenal to win today as well, feicin spurs. Stambouli is a bit of a head case, some nice touches yesterday but is always a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Palace deserved the win

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Palace deserved the win

Agree,

They drew us into a physical battle, outfought us and we didn’t concentrate on playing Football

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

It is the hope that kills you.

Anyway bad day, forget it and move on to Sunderland next week and dispatch Burnley on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I had a feeling about Saturday's game. A windy match always suits the weaker team, it's a quality leveller. All the slips on the new pitch and Palace having a new manager - it was a recipe for disaster for us.

The Palace fans were brilliant too, in fairness.

Due to the conditions there was no quality on show. It's probably unfair to single out Townsend on Saturday. Not one of the 22 players stood out, it was a scrappy affair.

Defeats are never good but with Southampton going to Old Trafford and winning, we got a lucky turn. 3rd and 4th are still up for grabs, hopefully we can get as many points as possible on the board before the Europa League kicks back in.

Realistically the challengers for 3rd and 4th spot is down to us, Arsenal, United, Southampton and Liverpool.
    We've got Liverpool and Arsenal in the first week of February, before we play Fiorentina.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It might be a bit unfair, but that's one of the worst games he's played for us in a while. He was utterly useless. Couldn't even get 5 yard passes right. He really needs to step up, or Poch needs to ship him on.

Saying that, we were all poor. There couldn't have been a worse time to be playing Palace, but we still should be winning those games.

Advertisement