Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Itube Question

• 09-01-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I really hope somebody can help! One or two questions! So last night I set up my new iPhone 6. I previously had an iPhone 4s but because of storage limitations I am unable to install ios8 on the 4s therefore my iCloud only goes as far back as the first week of December. This doesn't really bother me as such as I am only really missing a few photos from over Xmas which have been uploaded to Facebook anyways.

The problem is that when I installed my new iPhone all the apps and memory from as far back at the first week of December went on perfect but iTube has completely gone.. When I try to install it it says that the app is no longer available. I'm fairly disappointed as I constantly rely on the app for listening to playlists going to work and when at the gym. My question is does anybody know how I can get this app again or if it is permanently unavailable is there a similar app? I don't like using Youtube as when you lock the phone the music stops playing. There seems to be one or two other apps called Itube Free but they aren't the same and only contain recorded copies and covers of songs?

Also, is it possible for me to download ios8 on my iphone 4s by plugging it into the computer and installing it through iTunes? If so, will my iPhone 6 automatically update?

Any help would be seriously appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

It is not in my "Purchased apps" on apple store as it was free the first time I downloaded it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"Purchased Apps" includes free apps, it's not really well named. It should be there unless you've hidden it. Or it could be hidden by Apple due to it's dubious nature.

Did you every sync your old iPhone to iTunes? If you did your iTube app should there and you could sync it to the new iPhone 6 (this may work, I've never done it before so your mileage may vary).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Some apps show in purchased when they are removed from the store and some don't. Flappy bird for example is there but CM security isn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

"Purchased Apps" includes free apps, it's not really well named. It should be there unless you've hidden it. Or it could be hidden by Apple due to it's dubious nature.

Did you every sync your old iPhone to iTunes? If you did your iTube app should there and you could sync it to the new iPhone 6 (this may work, I've never done it before so your mileage may vary).

Thanks for your help Creamy Goodness but every app I've ever had bar Itube is in the Purchased section on my 4s. I will try the sync option though! In app store there seems to be one or two apps that look fairly similar to the old app but at a cost and I am just a bit sceptical incase they aren't similar at all!

Advertisement