Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bargains on PC's/Gaming PC's?????

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

HI, anybody know of any bargains on PC's, for home use. Looking to be able to play some PC games on it also. Looking for €200-€450 price range if possible.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

There was a video put up here recently from youtube about a 300e console killer PC or something. Have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

200EUR would be the starting point for the price of the graphic card only if you're serious about gaming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Brilliant, anyone with a link??
    Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/dell-vostro-220-quad-core-4gb-ram-hdmi-graphics/7003792

Found this on Adverts. It's for my son just to play a few games, browse internet etc. Is this good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Would you build it yourself ? Much better PC can be built for your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Would you build it yourself ? Much better PC can be built for your money.

I second this. Only way to get a pc imo. Its not very hard either.

Have no experience in building a PC, but if I was to where would I buy the parts, what websites are good for buying etc.?
    Basically I just need something for a few games, internet etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

mydogjack wrote: »
    Have no experience in building a PC, but if I was to where would I buy the parts, what websites are good for buying etc.?

As sugar said about, get over to the PC building and upgrade forum. There is a template you can fill out and poeple will advise on what to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mydogjack wrote: »

It's very easy to build a PC these days and to be honest If you're anywhere near Galway I'd give you a helping hand.

Go here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Advertisement

I have a 10/11 year old Dell Dimension 2400, Windows Xp PC.
    It has Intel, Pentium 4 CPU, 2.66ghz, 512 mb Ram

Is this any way suitable to use as a build for a Gaming PC, or even as a decent Home PC for Internet?

I have no experience in building PC's, but would happily give it a go with this.

Many Thanks in Advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It is possible to get good value machines on adverts, you just need to know what you're looking for. The Dell you linked to is a poor choice, because it has an old-ish processor, but more so the graphics card is 100% unable to play any modern games. I sell machines myself now and again, usually about 400 for i3 machines with gtx750 or similar cards.

Advertisement