Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for 2nd account

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I am with Ulsterbank, I want to open a 2nd bank account to pay all my bills/utilities with.

I need the second Visa Debit card as weekly shared shopping will come from this new account also. (Someone else will pay some money into this account for same bills/utilities)

Questions:
    Which Bank has the best costs for the above set up (there will never be over 1200 euro in the account at any time)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

e92335i wrote: »
    Which Bank has the best costs for the above set up (there will never be over 1200 euro in the account at any time)

PTSB will give you a current account with free day-to-day banking provided you deposit at least 1,500 EUR into the account each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

You could always open a step account with Ulsterbank. It would be quick and easy to transfer funds between the accounts plus they would all still be linked to your one profile with ulster bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

KBC. Their online banking is pretty good(BOI is something from 1998). KBC only charge €6 a quarter and no other fees as long as everything is done on their MasterCard debit. Eg no free ATM withdrawals but cash back is free. But they are a cash free bank. You can't lodge cash into it in a branch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

hfallada wrote: »
    KBC. Their online banking is pretty good(BOI is something from 1998). KBC only charge €6 a quarter and no other fees as long as everything is done on their MasterCard debit. Eg no free ATM withdrawals but cash back is free. But they are a cash free bank. You can't lodge cash into it in a branch

Why pay maintenance fees and ATM fees when you don't have to. Why put up with a cashless branches when you don't have to. I would choose PTSB's current account offering any day over KBC.

Advertisement