Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bin Collection Offer

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Morning eveyrone

**Mods**
    If this is in the wrong section, please move it.

I have just received an offer from Greyhound, offering €12 a month flat fee. This offer gives me 3 bins, no pay for weight/ lift, and can pay via post office if preferred to direct debit.

I was previously with greyhound and thought they were hopeless, and so switched to city bin. I find them great, however, they have raised their prices, and so I am looking for a better deal.

Does anyone recommend any deals in the bin collection market? Are greyhound still bad or have the copped on a bit?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wouldn't go back to Greyhound unless they offered me €12/month to collect my bins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thanks for the reply!

So I see they haven't pulled their socks up so.

I might get on to city bin and tell them about what I have been offered and see can they price match. Really don't want the hassle of getting bins collected and new bins issued etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Easily 20% of the time, Greyhound don't collect ours. PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Greyhound would usually leave my bins somewhere randomly on the street, but never tidily back in front of my house. I complained once and they said it's probably the wind; funny that, hasn't happened once with city bin in almost 2 years.

City Bin also has good, polite and reasonable customer service. I keep getting cold calls from someone at Greyhound that hasn't 2 brain cells to rub together the poor chap.

Advertisement