Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal statement query

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask with regards to the personal statement; if applying to more than one college should you not mention in your statement on why you want to attend that specific college and how much you know about their programme etc As that will only be well-received by whatever college you have as your number one choice and perhaps act as a disincentive to subsequent institutions to further your application...? any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

The problem is that as far as I'm aware you can only send one personal statement with your application.

You could mail the CAO and ask if you can address individual personal statements to individual institutions through the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 N3ller

I'm just wondering how you got on with your personal statement in the end? How did you address the different colleges/courses?
    I'm currently writing mine and have total writers block!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lucasmaximus

Dude your leavin it a tad late, make sure its posted tomorrow. I just didnt address any specific course or institute in the statement, all my courses are scientific based so I elaborated on my interest in that field and also on why I feel im ready for college and what I hope to achieve...Im fairly happy with it :) best of luck

Advertisement