Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal loan

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I wanted to go for a personal loan for a wedding of €8000 and pay it back over 5 years which according to the calculator on the banks website says it’s about 177 a month. We'll most likely pay back a lump sum after the wedding but I want to keep the re-payments up to that point as low as possible. The bank said the longest term they'll do for wedding loans is 24 months at 377 euro a month re-payments.. What can I do, or specifically what type of personal loan can I ask for to extend the re-payments?

Paying back 377 a month will mean over a grand will be gone by the time the wedding happens!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

paul.a wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I wanted to go for a personal loan for a wedding of €8000 and pay it back over 5 years which according to the calculator on the banks website says it’s about 177 a month. We'll most likely pay back a lump sum after the wedding but I want to keep the re-payments up to that point as low as possible. The bank said the longest term they'll do for wedding loans is 24 months at 377 euro a month re-payments.. What can I do, or specifically what type of personal loan can I ask for to extend the re-payments?

Paying back 377 a month will mean over a grand will be gone by the time the wedding happens!

When is your wedding? do you really need to borrow to pay for it that is not a good idea and although you will get money as presents and can pay it off afterwards you will still be left with debt. When I was getting married I got engaged in June 2010 and the wedding was June 2012 so that was 24 months to get things sorted, my wedding came in at about 17K I get sick thinking I spent all that money on it now but what I did was I paid things off as I went obviously things like the band / DJ if you are having one will be paid on the night but everything else when I booked it I gave them a chunk of money same with the hotel I transferred money to them every now and again holding back some for the day after the wedding in case there was any problems, I also shopped around for items that were not so expensive I spent over 2k on my dress and I would never do that again loads of places sell them cheaper or sites do also sell my wedding dress.ie is brilliant.

Think before you want to get a loan for your wedding or possibly look into the credit union.

Advertisement