Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Know What I Am Banned For 3 Months For?

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In the soccer forum I replied to a fellow member with the following post during a conversation we were having. This conversation was by no means whatsoever negative - the tone and context of the whole board at the time was one of humour, jest and playfulness.

However, I've been banned for three months for this post...
    Moderator Note

This is back seat modding as per our charter here :

Telling a poster you have reported their post (effectively accusing them of a breach of the charter)

Your post:
    Dayum wrote: »
    ElChe32 wrote: »
    You don't have friends.

Very offensive.

Reported.

There was no intention whatsoever on my part of trying to backseat mod in any way, shape or form. I value my participation in the soccer community and have never sought to have any other individual banned nor have I ever engaged in personal abuse or name-calling with another board member - not once. I believe the decision to hand out a 3 month ban for this post is extremely unfair particularly given the fact that everyone on the board witnesses on a weekly basis mods getting personally abused by some certain regulars who've been there quite some time with no punishment. I suppose it's a case of different standards for different members.

Unfortunately I cannot access the board at all so I am unable to link you there.

Dayum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banned for 3 yellow cards as per soccer charter, not that post in isolation.

Please contact the mod in question and try and resolve it via PM first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Hi Mr. E,

I've spoken with the mod but we were unable to reach an agreement on the situation unfortunately.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Very well - I will deal with this. However am only considering whether your most recent yellow card was justified (as that was applied to the post you mention below). If so the ban stands under the forum totting-up process, and in particular in light of the probation period which applies to new posters in the forum

The post in question was without doubt backseat modding - referring to the fact you have reported a post is essentially accusing another poster of doing something wrong - that is the job of the mods. However please bear with me as I will need to review some more background. Based on a number of your own posts that I have seen reported I will also consider whether a 3 month ban is adequate, or indeed if I think special conditions may be appropriate should you be permitted to return to the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Beasty wrote: »
    Very well - I will deal with this. However am only considering whether your most recent yellow card was justified (as that was applied to the post you mention below). If so the ban stands under the forum totting-up process, and in particular in light of the probation period which applies to new posters in the forum

The post in question was without doubt backseat modding - referring to the fact you have reported a post is essentially accusing another poster of doing something wrong - that is the job of the mods. However please bear with me as I will need to review some more background. Based on a number of your own posts that I have seen reported I will also consider whether a 3 month ban is adequate, or indeed if I think special conditions may be appropriate should you be permitted to return to the forum

Thanks, Beasty.

I would just like to say that I didn't actually report the post and had no intention to. It didn't insult me whatsoever and why would it? We're on the internet. You have to take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As already mentioned I agree with the mod decision that you were backseat modding, and the resultant yellow card automatically triggers a 3 month ban as you are still within your 3 month probation period

However I would add that your record both within the Soccer forum and elsewhere on the site is very poor. You have actually picked up 3 yellow cards within the Soccer forum in 3 weeks - an average of one a week. You also have achieved something very rare in the forum as you have managed to wind up both Manchester United and Liverpool fans with your trolling resulting in a large number of your posts being reported by other posters. Elsewhere on the site you have managed to pick up a yellow card, a red card and a ban, in 3 separate forums. I therefore have to seriously question your suitability for the Soccer forum. In the circumstances I am going to lay down some special conditions, which if not satisfied will result in your access to the Soccer Forum being permanently withdrawn.

Firstly I will be keeping an eye on your behaviour elsewhere on the site during your current 3 month ban. Another ban anywhere on the site and Soccer Forum Access will be revoked.

Secondly, on your return to the Soccer forum you will start a new 3 month probation period. Pick up 3 yellows or a single red or a ban (other than a 1 day ban for chat in the humour thread) during that probation period and your access will be permanently revoked

You may of course ask for an Admin to review my decisions set out above

• Advertisement
Advertisement