Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloupor 30w mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

100% no to the cloupor mini , just saw one overheating while just sitting on the counter in my local shop , not even charging and with no atomiser .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

jonski wrote: »
    100% no to the cloupor mini , just saw one overheating while just sitting on the counter in my local shop , not even charging and with no atomiser .

:eek: how is that even possible? (i understand how) but for a mass produced item thats shocking.

I posted that link to the grumpyvaper yesterday in the other thread. looks bad for them.

People on fasttech seemed to have a problem with the company as well. Something about poor chipsets in older devices

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Serious? What happened? That's ridiculous.

I have to say I was concerned when I saw the electricals etc just have hot glue messily poured on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

I have a Cloupor Mini 30w for sale if anyone is interested :D

I have just pre-ordered the istick 50w from puremist.co.uk £43.99

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Serious? What happened? That's ridiculous.

I have to say I was concerned when I saw the electricals etc just have hot glue messily poured on them!

He had it inside to show to me , he already knew it was overheating , he picked it up and said " look , you can see now , feel how hot it is " , and it wasn't charging and didn't have an atomiser on it , just a battery inside , with the back cover off . Pulled the battery out straight away .

Feel sorry for him as he is ahead of the curve with this one , having it in stock here before most , good price , and now they are going to be impossible to sell .

• Advertisement

Feel sorry for him as he is ahead of the curve with this one , having it in stock here before most , good price , and now they are going to be impossible to sell .

Yeah... That really blows hopefully he can return them.

An update on my Cloupor mini...I contacted the vendor (iVapour.co.uk) and they have agreed to take it back and give me credit, which I think is very fair.

I just don't feel comfortable using something that could meltdown at any moment!

IPV mini arrived this morning :) , my 18650 battery won't fit into it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

pueblo wrote: »
    An update on my Cloupor mini...I contacted the vendor (iVapour.co.uk) and they have agreed to take it back and give me credit, which I think is very fair.

I just don't feel comfortable using something that could meltdown at any moment!

I've contacted inovapours.co.uk. Hopefully, they'll take it back. After all, the thing isn't fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

IPV mini arrived this morning :) , my 18650 battery won't fit into it :(

Do nipple tops not fit, I haven't tried one yet. Jeez it's big enough, taller than my Papas clone, that would be v poor designing.

I like this device a lot though, best I've had tbh. The Chinese stuff really seems to be coming along in leaps and bounds, Cloupor f ups aside.

• Advertisement

accaguest wrote: »
    Do nipple tops not fit, I haven't tried one yet. Jeez it's big enough, taller than my Papas clone, that would be v poor designing.

I like this device a lot though, best I've had tbh. The Chinese stuff really seems to be coming along in leaps and bounds, Cloupor f ups aside.

The battery I have already is thicker than most it's a 3000mAh and I don't remember the brand , it fits the vamo fine so it belongs to that now :D . I got a Sony Vtc 4 and have it in the IPV since Wednesday around noon and I still have 2/3 left in the battery . I am really amazed at how impressed I am with the IPV , I assumed I would just see it as a slight improvement on the vamo and something that would be more stable standing on a table but it is so much more . It feels really solid and well made and I would think it would last a long time if minded . For me it is one of the few vaping items that has matched if not exceeded the hype . Next on the list to try is the subtank mini .

Is it the IPV or it being a Sony VTC 4 that's allowing the battery to last so long ? , not really understanding this part .

TinCool wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm thinking the same. Another iStick for me.

The 50W is due to land v shortly by all accounts. I think its available for pre order on some UK websites.

@Jonski

Yeah, really well built device, nice heft to it for me.

I read on another forum that Li-po batteries like the istick will be better suited for low wats and 18650s for higher watts but it could be the efficiency of the chip as well, certainly if it's outperforming a Vamo on the same battery. Before it came out I saw someone say there was no way it had both DC and PWM modes, as the chip would need too much work for that but it definitely does.

Apparently thought it'll only cut your battery off when it reaches 3.2volts and this is a lot lower than what most people would recommend, I've seen 3.6 mentioned to maintain your batteries best but not sure how important this is tbh, pretty new to external batteries. I took a battery out with about 50% left on the display and it read 3.76v

Trond wrote: »
    [/B]
    The 50W is due to land v shortly by all accounts. I think its available for pre order on some UK websites.

50w is too big for me. I'll stick with the 30w

Cloupor mini Statement
    2015-02-03 17:40:13
    Posted in Latest News By
    cloupor

To Cloupor mini owners:

We are so sorry to bring some customers any trouble during last few days .

To satisfy the huge market , we worked hard for the large production .
    And we actually didn’t control the whole quality system very well at that time.

About 0.1%-0.2% Cloupor mini may have overheat or short circuit or some other different defective problems. This may cause the circuit board melted down,but it will never reach to a ignition point to make other things burn , let alone catch fire.

If yours with the above kind of problem ,be free to email us user@cloupor.com

For the customers do not have any problem until now but worry about if yours with the potential overheat problem,
    here is a simple identify way:
    Connect a atomizer and press the fire button 15s at 30W(just one time) , if doesn’t show "Too hot" ,that’s a good unit.

We’v found the source of the problem and changed the firmware .For the new batch we shipped from last week ,
    no this overheat issues.

Tough time may happen to any companies , we believe a positive attitude will make all things better .
    Thanks so much for your support ! And welcome any suggestion!

TBh I find it hard to believe this , if it was only 0.1%-0.2% , then I must be extremely lucky to have seen it happen with my own eyes . I would be worried that they are under-stating problem .

TBh I find it hard to believe this , if it was only 0.1%-0.2% , then I must be extremely lucky to have seen it happen with my own eyes . I would be worried that they are under-stating problem .

Pretty certain this has happened with a number of their devices in the past. Maybe not identical problems but v similar. A lot of people wouldn't touch the mini originally because of their previous issues.

With so many similar devices out there and a Kanger version coming out v soon they will suffer badly i think.

Thanks for posting that. To be frank, I find it ****ing disgraceful that they didnt even bother to go to the effort of properly translating that message to English. Surely English speakers represent a significant portion of their market.

I mean, that would cost peanuts to have done by a professional translation/ localisation outfit. Did they just **** it in to Google translate?

Although they probably have fixed the issue on new mini's I wont buy a Cloupor product in the future. I was lucky the one I ordered and payed for at Fasttech could be cancelled due to shipping delays.

Cloupor just don't give a f yo!

It may be be defective, it may not be. Try it and see.

"Tough time"!

Just got my credit today for the Cloupor mini from ivapour.co.uk. I like their no fuss, no questions asked approach on this. Proper customer service.

pueblo wrote: »
    Just got my credit today for the Cloupor mini from ivapour.co.uk. I like their no fuss, no questions asked approach on this. Proper customer service.

Quality. I hope they don't get hit too much on this and Cloupor get properly fed over for how they've treated this. Strengthened the 'Chinese crap' stereotype and given ammunition to those looking to bash the industry. Absolute knobs. Maybe our fault a bit for looking for the cheapest price all the time, not sure, but they should NOT be supported at all imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Just bought one!
    Gave it the old 15s test in the store and it seemed fine.
    Got to say, its feels well made, lovely 'in hand' and that magnetic battery cover is just a revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Didihno wrote: »
    Just bought one!
    Gave it the old 15s test in the store and it seemed fine.
    Got to say, its feels well made, lovely 'in hand' and that magnetic battery cover is just a revelation.

After reading all the reports, their previous exaggerated claims, their dumb excuses, and the fact that there are great quality alternativs out there of almost the exact same form factor.......you STILL went ahead and bought one?

:rolleyes:

Pique wrote: »
    After reading all the reports, their previous exaggerated claims, their dumb excuses, and the fact that there are great quality alternativs out there of almost the exact same form factor.......you STILL went ahead and bought one?

There's a lot of cloupor bashing going on here. I've had zero problems with my cloupor mini since I got it a few weeks ago. It's shown zero signs of heating up inadvertently and mine has passed the 30w 15 second test many times. I've been using it again for the past few days after the initial reports of some going in to meltdown and then the testing method that was published. Sure I still take the battery out of it when I'm not using it as a precaution. I figure it would have melted down by now if it was a dude.

Best not buy an iPhone either as these melt too http://techland.time.com/2011/11/29/up-in-smoke-iphone-glows-red-on-plane-melts/

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Pique wrote: »

Yep.
    Did the 15s test as described above, got no warning message.
    Heres the thing, if I got truly lucky and its a good'un, its a brilliant little thing.
    Tiny bit bigger than the iStick, magnetic battery cover, 30w, solid and weighty feeling, lovely tactile finish (sort of rubberised paint like the Provari P3 grey/silver I have) and so far its hitting very well indeed, my orchid at .8 ohms is stomping for me. So far, very happy.
    I'll always use my battery charger and carry spares with me all day anyway due to P3 being so fking unpredictable with battery life.
    So yeah, until I get an SX mini to complete my collection (until the next greatest thing lol!) I'm happy in my nappy.

There's a lot of cloupor bashing going on here. I've had zero problems with my cloupor mini since I got it a few weeks ago. It's shown zero signs of heating up inadvertently and mine has passed the 30w 15 second test many times. I've been using it again for the past few days after the initial reports of some going in to meltdown and then the testing method that was published. Sure I still take the battery out of it when I'm not using it as a precaution. I figure it would have melted down by now if it was a dude.

Best not buy an iPhone either as these melt too http://techland.time.com/2011/11/29/up-in-smoke-iphone-glows-red-on-plane-melts/

All the testing thing aside it still sounds like a pain in the arse. I like the look of the device but not sure id trust the manufactory given this isn't their first issue like this. They seem to have a history of problems and unsatisfactory customer service.

Fair play to the vendors issuing refunds....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Your cloupor mini working doesn't make any justice to the poor response that Cloupor gave to their customers.

It doesn't also account for so many devices melting - I'm sure there aren't as many Cloupor minis out there as there are iPhones and yet I've seen more cases of melted mods in the past week than I've seen of melted smartphones altogether.

Also it doesn't account the fact that the actual vendors had to recall all the units instead of Cloupor stating that they're taking care of that.

For me this "company" is not an option EVER, they can be the first to put in the DNA 90 mod with temperature control and helicopter driving skills plus chips cooking capabilities and I'd still wait for a proper mod before I buy anything off this bunch ever again.

Boogietime wrote: »
    chips cooking capabilities

Shut up and take my money !!!!

But seriously , one of the problems I have with this is that it is bad enough headlines when some fool uses the wrong charger and sets fire to his house , but if it happens and it actually IS the devices fault there'll be no hearing the end of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

But seriously , one of the problems I have with this is that it is bad enough headlines when some fool uses the wrong charger and sets fire to his house , but if it happens and it actually IS the devices fault there'll be no hearing the end of it .

*puts chip building goggles on*

It would have seemed fair that one or two devices would have been faulty and another two or three gone bad due to bad charging but when there's a "trick" to seeing if the unit is good or not, that's definitely something to keep me away. Nothing else but some basic concern for me noggin and hands, be it that they're all empty but then again, I don't have spares for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Apologies for off topic, but can you just tell me what you mean by "wrong charger"? Is any charger that didn't come with the device the wrong charger or is it the specs of the adapter that determines whether it's suitable for a battery? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Boogietime wrote: »
    Nothing else but some basic concern for me noggin and hands, be it that they're all empty but then again, I don't have spares for them :)

With enough demand I'm sure FastTech will do some really good cloned heads and hands!

Advertisement