Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloupor 30w mini

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Apologies for off topic, but can you just tell me what you mean by "wrong charger"? Is any charger that didn't come with the device the wrong charger or is it the specs of the adapter that determines whether it's suitable for a battery? Thanks!

It's something that I haven't looked at too closely as all I have is external 18350 and 18650 batteries and a separate charger , although I am fairly sure I have seen it said not to use iphone or ipad chargers due to different amperage . I am sure someone will come in here who actually understands this and explain it better .

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Thanks. I've been using various android chargersand using mini USB cables interchangeably. I've never actually received a plug adapter with a device and intentionally stopped using the cable that came with my itaste because it seems to be taking too long to charge. I don't leave my things charging overnight or when I'm out of the house, but I'd still rather be as safe as possible. I gave one of those fire proof bags coming from fasttech for increased peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

jonski wrote: »
    It's something that I haven't looked at too closely as all I have is external 18350 and 18650 batteries and a separate charger , although I am fairly sure I have seen it said not to use iphone or ipad chargers due to different amperage . I am sure someone will come in here who actually understands this and explain it better .

The output of laptop and car chargers can vary depending on the model of the actual charging unit and isn't as stable as a power socket current. Still you don't really hear about an iStick (crappy threading and all as it may be) blowing up due to car/laptop charging... Seriously though wouldn't it have been easier to remove the charging port altogether and everyone would stick to their nitecores?

Besides, the most worrisome cases are the ones where the mini melted without being on charge at all, just while battery was inside and the device kept without use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there any update on the mini, or does buying a new one still involve carrying out the 15sec test and praying?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Is there any update on the mini, or does buying a new one still involve carrying out the 15sec test and praying?
    I haven't heard and I think they are just going to bring out a new model soon enough (isn't everyone?!).
    What I can say is I have 4 of them, one bought in Dublin, three from FT, and all are functioning perfectly.
    I just love these little guys. 30w is more than enough for my needs and aside from the annoyance of occasionally having to adjust the 510 (which is a philips screw) I find them brilliant.
    I pair them up with my Kayfun V4, Subtank Mini's and an Atlantis (soon to be upgraded to the new Triton I think).

Having my oldest one about a year I think, wear and tear is most evident on the outer, scuffs and what not, but no issues at all with the buttons or anything else, though I did damage one of the springs in the battery sled by using one of those long nipple top purple efests. It requires levering back up every now and then after using a nipple top so a flat top fits snug. I'd recommend only flat tops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement