Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork BHAA 2015

Options
  • 09-01-2015 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Fantastic year of races last year. Dates for 2015 now up http://corkbhaa.com/calendar/

First race this Sunday which is a 5K XC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Hi, im new enough to running, I can run 6km comfortably in about 34 mins. I was just wondering about Cork BHAA. Is it ok to just show up on the morning of a race and pay the €8 to race as individual? Id like to just give it a try first with one or two races before I register for €10.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Is it ok to just show up on the morning of a race and pay the €8 to race as individual?
    Thanks.

Sure it is. It's one of the best ran series of races in Ireland and most friendly group of people. And not to forget all the tea and buns afterwards! You will have every type of runner there from elite to club to social to C25K to walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Thanks for the reply. Are you given a chip timer or something? It can be a bit nerve racking when you see the elites bombing it around but surewe all have to start somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

are you given a chip timer or something?

No, just a number/bib to wear and the times are gun times (gun to finish line).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Is there a limit for each race? I was thinking of doing the 10k in March but would have to drive cross country with family in tow which would be a bit of a waste if I missed out. Are you guaranteed entry?

Numbers limit rather than time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

webpal wrote: »
    Is there a limit for each race? I was thinking of doing the 10k in March but would have to drive cross country with family in tow which would be a bit of a waste if I missed out. Are you guaranteed entry?

Numbers limit rather than time :)

No limit on entries you will be guaranteed entry

Advertisement