Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline to sumbit meter reading?

Options
  • 09-01-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a landline number if one is available to submit a gas meter reading.

I'm sick of paying a premium on my mobile for ringing your 1850 number - so in the absence of an actual meter reading (which would be the best of all options but I won't be holding my breath), can you please supply a "normal" number, or an email address, or is there a section on your website where I can submit my meter reading?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello HeidiHeidi,

This page on our website has details on sending in a gas meter-reading online, including submitting a meter-reading to Gas Networks Ireland directly (formerly Bord Gáis Networks; they are the meter-readers for customers of all gas suppliers).

We can input meter-readings via private message here on Boards.ie also (accompanied by confirmation of the customer's account number, name, address in full, and their telephone number).

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

1850 427 732 (or + 353 1 258 0426 from outside Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks Davy - just to confirm that that's the number/landline for Gas Networks Ireland (just mentioning this in case it is thought that it's a number for Electric Ireland).
    It is a correct telephone number indeed though, for submitting a gas meter-reading by customers of any gas supplier.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's the information I was looking for.

It'd be nice if you all would put on your bills in VISIBLE places (ie not in tiny print on the back of the page) landline alternatives to the "freephone" numbers universally supplied these days. 

With almost no exceptions that I know of, they're not free to mobiles, which is what most people use.

Advertisement