Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pen Drive issue

Options
  • 09-01-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've a 64GB Cosair flash drive that was working fine up until a few days ago.

When I plugged it into the laptop it an error. Anyways, there was nothing important on it so I formatted it and now it's only showing up at having 58.0 kb of free space!!

Where's all the space gone?

How do I get this drive back to the way it was with all 64GB of space available?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Did you have different partitions on the drive or maybe use it on a Linux box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Did you have different partitions on the drive or maybe use it on a Linux box?

Neither mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Will91w

Did you accidently format the drive in a different format than FAT32 or NTFS?

Try formatting to different formats and when you see the space come back fully then remember which one it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I was able to resurrect an old 32GB drive with the following low level formatting tool, free for personal use.

It worked when all else failed.

HDD Guru low level format tool link

Warning: Not suitable to recover data, only to wipe all the data off a USB key and possibly get it working again.

But when they start giving trouble I wouldn't rely on a USB to store important data.

Advertisement