Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISRCs

• 09-01-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    need a bit of help with the nitty gritty of CD release admin. The CD is in final mix and ready to be mastered and pressed soon - most of that stuff is lined up. I know plenty about the production/mixing end, but not so much about the publishing end. Anyway, I understand that I need IRSC codes for each song? Is there a quick way to get these?

Some people have advised that I join IMRO, but I understand that they put one through a series of hoops - documents of live shows, paperwork, yadda yadda - sounds time-consuming and I'm under pressure to get this CD out so I'm happy to avoid the IMRO bit for now, if possible.

On the issue of barcodes: some have said that I need one, others say that it doesn't matter as big stores like Tower stick their own barcodes on anyway?

Thanks in advance of your help, TM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

You dont have to go through IMRO but its a safer option for chasing royalities. I gather they would look after that side of things for you. Plenty of web services to purchase your codes. Just make sure it is IE or whatever country code label artist is.

The barcode is called a UPC/EAN code. It needs to be inputted into the DDP as you would with ISRC. A fair amount of DDP I have done have included this code. I also gather the barcode image is mailed to you and you forward it to manufacturing for the cover.

Most of the stuff that has been sent here for DDP has included both codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

You need to call the PPI ireland. They manage ISRC codes. You will be able to get them over the phone immediately and are free. At some stage after that you can fill in the forms for your music etc and return them into the various royalty collectors PPI, IMRO, RAAP and MCPS.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

Good question often asked to me... You need to call the PPI ireland. They manage ISRC codes. You will be able to get them over the phone immediately and are free. At some stage after that you can fill in the forms for your music etc and return them into the various royalty collectors PPI, IMRO, RAAP and MCPS.

Hope that helps

Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

thanks Mart1977 :)

Advertisement