Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat has 'Funny Walk'

• 09-01-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I have a 14 month old cat and have noticed that she has a strange walk (in comparison to my other cat). She 'sways' as she walks, partially crossing her back legs. It doesn't seem to cause her difficulty and she gets around perfectly. (she a big climber)
    After she was neutered (at 6 months) she developed a hernia and had to have a second operation to correct this, leaving her tightly bandaged around her middle for a couple of weeks at that time.
    I wondered if this might have affected her development or growth leading to the stange walk she has now...
    I wondered if anyone has encountered this, and if I should be concerned that there could be issues in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sounds similar to one of our fosters (2.5 years now); no negative effect that we've noted and she'll run around with the rest of them without problem. Then again she also has epilepsy and other issues due to brain damage as kitten (most likely bite wounds but never confirmed; rescued from the street) so I can't give you much more information on it :(

Advertisement