Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Gardai Clubs/Groups or other extra curriculars exist?

• 09-01-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what extra-curricular things are within the social confines of An Garda Siochana.

Obviously they GAA, Rugby, Soccer, Hurling, Running and Rowing among other sports teams. But what about other not so obvious things. For instance, is there a Garda shooting team, I would assume there is since there are Armed Gardai and they'd like to show off their skills. What about things like Archery?

I couldn't find a list of clubs or groups on any website from work, so just wondering what's going on behind the blue wall :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭northside girl

Xios wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering what extra-curricular things are within the social confines of An Garda Siochana.

Obviously they GAA, Rugby, Soccer, Hurling, Running and Rowing among other sports teams. But what about other not so obvious things. For instance, is there a Garda shooting team, I would assume there is since there are Armed Gardai and they'd like to show off their skills. What about things like Archery?

I couldn't find a list of clubs or groups on any website from work, so just wondering what's going on behind the blue wall :)

I've never heard of a shooting team but the IPA (international police association) have a pistol club if you're interested in shooting. Guy on my unit regularly goes shooting with them. They have other activities too if you want to check their website. Gardai can join the ipa with a weekly subscription from payroll. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I believe they have a clay pidgin club and there is the ipa http://www.ipapistolclub.com/, The shooting forum should have some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Theres also a boat club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

All the Garda clubs are Dublin based and so are pretty irrelevant to any member stationed too far away from there - at least that is the way I felt about them.

Advertisement