Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premuture baby 25 weeker

Options
  • 09-01-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey guys, my due date was 20th september 2014, but as the title reads i gave birth on the 13th june 2014 footing breech he was 1 pound 3 ounces and spent 108 days in intentsive care, was just wondering is there any other mum on this with premuture babys to offer advice on development etc, and also just be nice to hear other storys to have someone to relate to thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭mrolaf

Congratulations. Scary stuff but I have met several people through my work who have had premature babies and they have gone on to do well, some even making it as professional athletes. It's one small step at a time. Babies brains are amazing and technology has come so far that how a baby did 5 years ago is not the same as today.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

Thanks...Thats so true he is doing amazing even tho he is 7 months now he still only looks like a new born, he is slowly catching up appoinments are hard tho have on average 2 to 3 per week involves travelling which can be tricky when going on my own as he is still on extra oxgyen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mike_gall

Congrats indeed.
    I hope this helps. My wife and I are parents if a 25 week as well. He is 14 months old now.

my wife blogs about our experience. I, ll PM you the link and im sure she would be happy if you want to make contact.

mike

Thanks a mill mike would love to read her blogs about her experience and how the ikle man is getting on :) and congrats to ye too not an easy road but there well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

A friend was born before 30 weeks over 30 years ago - strapping lad now with a college degree - took a year for him to catch up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thats great :) they do eventually catch up and i personally dont mind how long it takes him as he does things in his own time has done from day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Congratulations and best of luck.

My friend had her daughter at 29 weeks. She was due the same week as me so for the first year she kinda used my son as a barometer for developmental milestones. While it took her a year to catch up you really notice that's she's a couple of months older now, talking loads and achieving everything she should at her age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

karareilly wrote: »
    Thanks...Thats so true he is doing amazing even tho he is 7 months now he still only looks like a new born, he is slowly catching up appoinments are hard tho have on average 2 to 3 per week involves travelling which can be tricky when going on my own as he is still on extra oxgyen!

congradulations kara. :)

If you think about it, he is really only 4 months from the due date so technically if he still looks like a new born it would make sense.

From June to September he would have been doing all that growing inside the womb but he just did it outside instead.

Advertisement