Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oran Island, Oranmore.

Options
  • 09-01-2015 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi

This is just in regard to the Oran Island development in Oranmore.

Ive been closely watching houses around Oranmore for the last few months.

And im constantly seeing houses being sold in Oran Island in the last few months, YET, I have seen none of these houses for sale on daft or myhome.

Does anybody know if these are being sold by a specific estate agent in Galway or via another way that's not in the public eye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

RubyGirl wrote: »

ok. but what's that link proving ?

2 houses sold in December and November 2014.. but I never seen them advertised for sale at all......and trust me I have been keeping an eye out on daft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

RubyGirl wrote: »

They all went sale agreed about a year ago but needed to be finished slow process Nama involved

gally74 wrote: »
    They all went sale agreed about a year ago but needed to be finished slow process Nama involved

thanks.

so how were they sold, via an auction was it ?

• Advertisement

thanks.

No Ronneys had them

thanks.

and they were all sold a year or so ago ?

was this estate built by a developer and he went bankrupt and then went to Nama ?

and they were all sold a year or so ago ?

was this estate built by a developer and he went bankrupt and then went to Nama ?

No auction, unless you know more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

I assume you're talking about the 8 detached houses on the right on the way into Oran Island. Not straight forward sales at all I believe.

The developer who originally owned them went into NAMA. Then Brian McMahon Auctioneer from DNG had them for sale but it was during a period where NAMA weren't really serious about selling anything they had on their books (March 2012). Then when NAMA got serious, they changed Auctioneer from McMahon to Rooney. Once that happened they went sale agreed VERY quickly (early Feb 2013). There was a waiting list on anyone who pulled out of the deal such was the demand. Even though it took over 18 months for the NAMA developer to finish the houses, nobody who originally went sale agree pulled out. I know it sounds tough on some of the buyers - having to wait that long from going sale agreed to getting keys but I still think they got a good deal considering how difficult it is to get anything like that in Oranmore village.

There were 2 types of house 4 bed and 5 bed. The 4 bed were fixed at 315k and the 5 bed at 325k. These were unfinished houses but the price included an allowance for kitchen, fitting ... etc.

I assume you're talking about the 8 detached houses on the right on the way into Oran Island. Not straight forward sales at all I believe.

The developer who originally owned them went into NAMA. Then Brian McMahon Auctioneer from DNG had them for sale but it was during a period where NAMA weren't really serious about selling anything they had on their books (March 2012). Then when NAMA got serious, they changed Auctioneer from McMahon to Rooney. Once that happened they went sale agreed VERY quickly (early Feb 2013). There was a waiting list on anyone who pulled out of the deal such was the demand. Even though it took over 18 months for the NAMA developer to finish the houses, nobody who originally went sale agree pulled out. I know it sounds tough on some of the buyers - having to wait that long from going sale agreed to getting keys but I still think they got a good deal considering how difficult it is to get anything like that in Oranmore village.

There were 2 types of house 4 bed and 5 bed. The 4 bed were fixed at 315k and the 5 bed at 325k. These were unfinished houses but the price included an allowance for kitchen, fitting ... etc.

Says a lot about demand for good houses in galway.

• Advertisement

thanks for that detailed info.

I suppose I was just on about the whole of the Oran Island estate.

jaysus, all sounds messy enough, developers, nama, different auctioneers etc.

I see some were sold in the last couple of months according to the property register. .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

I see some were sold in the last couple of months according to the property register. .......
    sorry, I could have been a bit clearer.
    The houses went sale agreed early Feb 2013. They buyers only paid the final monies, got keys and moved in the last couple of months. That when the transaction appears on the property register.

sorry, I could have been a bit clearer.
    The houses went sale agreed early Feb 2013. They buyers only paid the final monies, got keys and moved in the last couple of months. That when the transaction appears on the property register.

ok. makes sense now. as ive been watchin houses around Oranmore for the last 6 months and not a sign of any oran island properties for sale.

Advertisement