Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky, 30 day notice

Options
  • 09-01-2015 4:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭

Would I still need to give Sky 30days notice of cancelling the Service, even if I'm not in a active contract?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

DoomZ wrote: »
    Would I still need to give Sky 30days notice of cancelling the Service, even if I'm not in a active contract?
    Thanks
    What do you mean by "active contract". Sky contracts don't usually expire after a set period so when you enter a contract with Sky (or many providers) you remain in a contract until that contract has been formally terminated by either party. You still remain in contract even if the 12mth minimum period has expired or even if the service has been suspended.
    You still need to give the same notice unless Sky change their T&Cs in which case you can cancel in less than 30 days without penalty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What do you mean by "active contract". Sky contracts don't usually expire after a set period so when you enter a contract with Sky (or many providers) you remain in a contract until that contract has been formally terminated by either party. You still need to give the same notice unless Sky change their T&Cs in which case you can cancel in less than 30 days without penalty.

Fixed period or rolling. Big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thanks

Yes. You have to give 31 days notice when you want to cancel your TV account. If it is broadband and you are switching providers you just have to give the new provider your uan, that's once your out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

godtabh wrote: »
    Fixed period or rolling. Big difference
    Most Sky contracts are for a minimum period not a fixed period and remain in force until formally terminated by either party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

OK..thanks.
    Hey Mod...you a bit off..coming across moody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OK..thanks.
    Hey Mod...you a bit off..coming across moody

If someone is posting in a thread helping you out I wouldn't start calling them moody.

If you have a problem with a mod or their post report it or send them a PM. Do not post on thread as it will derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@DoomZ - off topic post deleted. Please take the time to a custom yourself to Boards before posting again.

dudara

Advertisement