Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Issues - Why can't I contact a branch anymore??

Options
  • 09-01-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am reaching a new level of annoyance with BOI at the moment.  My BOI mortgage should have been discharged on the 12th December 2014 when my solicitor lodged a cheque to clear the balance after I sold my house.  She did this in person in the Lower Baggot Street branch and she has the stamped lodgement slip to prove it.  

I (stupidly) assumed that this was completed correctly.  After checking my bank account yesterday, I have discovered that they have taken another mortgage payment of €1200 out of my BOI bank account.  One phone call to BOI mortgages later, I have been told that they have no record of a payment.  A few chaser calls and emails to my solicitor, she confirmed that it was definitely paid.  Another call to BOI mortgages and there is nothing that they can do - it is up to my solicitor to contact the branch to find out where the €146,000 has gone.

My solicitor has taken a walk down to that branch and been told that yes, the money was received and posted correctly and that they will chase it.  A few hours later I contacted BOI Mortgages again to be told that they still don't know anything about this payment but to contact the branch.  They put my call through to someone in that branch that is on annual leave.

I then assumed that it would be easy to get through to the branch, but sadly it isn't.  BOI Direct were sympathetic but still unable to get someone on the phone for me.  I'm now stuck waiting for a phone call back from the branch.

I am at a loss how 146k can go missing and why it is my responsibility to chase money that was deposited correctly in the branch but somehow lost in the inner workings of BOI.  I'm €1,200 down at the moment and still seem to have a mortgage for a property that I don't own anymore. 

VERY ANNOYED!!!!!  :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Cammy1978

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

We're very sorry to hear and we'd really like to help you. Could you send us a private message with your full name, contact number and name of your branch you hold the mortgage with?

If the branch that received the funds from your solicitor is different to your account holding branch, could you let us know the name of this branch please? 

To send us a PM please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panels and click link in my signature to send your PM.

Please be careful not to include any account details.

We hope to hear from you soon. 
    Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cammy1978

Hi Cammy1978

We're very sorry to hear and we'd really like to help you. Could you send us a private message with your full name, contact number and name of your branch you hold the mortgage with?

If the branch that received the funds from your solicitor is different to your account holding branch, could you let us know the name of this branch please? 

To send us a PM please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panels and click link in my signature to send your PM.

Thanks
    Alison
    PM message sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Cammy1978 wrote: »
    Hi Cammy1978

Thanks
    Alison
    PM message sent
    Hi Cammy1978,

I have replied to your PM. 

Please let us know if we can be of assistance with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement