Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do student cards work for i.d in Dublin clubs?

Options
  • 09-01-2015 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Lost my age card recently,anyone know if a student card with DOB on it works?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Passport is your best bet..they may or may not take the student crad depending on whethere they like the look of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Silver Sniper

chopper6 wrote: »
    Passport is your best bet..they may or may not take the student crad depending on whethere they like the look of you.

Lost that too. I'm very handsome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I'm very handsome

Me too but as most doorstaff arent usually female it counts for very little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

They should not be accepting student cards as a form of ID, therefore next to nowhere will take them. Passport, Drivers Licence or Garda age card only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Pretty much no place accepts a student card as ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've never heard of it being used successfully, doubtful it will work. All you can do is renew the age card and/or get a new passport (and report that lost/stolen if you haven't already).

Increasing your chances of getting entry would include: dressing properly, not being drunk and trying to explain your way in, not acting the bollox on the street on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Nope, very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Usually works in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MikeSD wrote: »
    Usually works in Galway.

A decade on the dole works in Galway too.

But this is Dublin I'm afraid.

Advertisement