Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just practice your "This is Awesome" and "Holy sh!t" chants now, as well as saying "Sweet" after every 2 count. Can never be too annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

CastorTroy wrote: »
    saying "Sweet" after every 2 count. Can never be too annoying.

I'm usually all for chants etc but I'm convinced the people who do this are actually bad people. What are they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They're not thinking. That's the problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They're not thinking. That's the problem :D

The full sail audience know exactly what there doing its what makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Worst of all.

"We are awesome".

My all time favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I have been telling my wife to practice shouting "One Fall" after the announcer says it

She is getting quite good in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Farewell Asuka!

ISmRZ6F_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=low

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm not crying, you're crying! Great send off.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pete Dunne is a coward lol

but i could see him making it as he is a great heel, reminds a bit of Kevin Owens

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pete Dunne is a coward lol

but i could see him making it as he is a great heel, reminds a bit of Kevin Owens

Dunne was the first to strike against Cole, Fish and O Reilly. Wouldn't say that's cowardly. I'd say him leaving Wolfie high and dry was him being more of a c*nt than anything... and I dig it.

Would love all this to lead to British Strong Style vs CFO, with Dunne being reluctant back up to Bate and Seven after being target by Cole and company. Could have them take out Wolfgang and then Pete Dunne steps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hard to believe Adam Cole is only 28

he looks a lot older

I was at the NXT taping in Full Sail tonight

It was a great show, I would guess they filmed 3 episodes tonight, one for end of this month I guess as there was a pink middle rope that was taped over at the end of the segment and 2 for November and the build up to the next NXT tape over

I won't spoil anything but it was great craic as we walked out of the building and straight into a confrontation being filmed right outside

The crowd were also far less annoying than they come across on TV so maybe some audio augmenting going on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel that there's going to be discussions about what was announced. Hell, there's already spoilers in the News thread.

So, final warning for anyone who doesn't want spoilers from the taping.

NXT TAPING SPOILERS and TAKEOVER MATCH NEWS BELOW

We're getting War Games!!!

A cage over two rings, three teams of three.

The Undisputed vs Sanity vs Roddy Strong and Authors of Pain.

This is going to be incredible. Saw someone on Reddit mention they had not put tickets up for sale yet, and now we know why; the two ring layout would have spoiled the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

that is amazing news being dying for this for years.

trips has been trying to get this match for years but vince wouldn't budge from all reports ive seen

The crowd went nuts when that was announced

The pairings might seem odd but make sense with what was taped

I can post some non spoilery photos when I get back, we were late arriving due to traffic so ended up on a cast and crew bench 2 rows from the ring

Funny seeing the number 1 fan of sweet innocent Bayley now being a fan of Ruby Riot.

And how can people boo Kairi?

Don;t know why, but I just can't warm to Drew at all. As long as I've watched him, I think the only time I liked him at all was in 3MB

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Funny seeing the number 1 fan of sweet innocent Bayley now being a fan of Ruby Riot.

And how can people boo Kairi?

Don;t know why, but I just can't warm to Drew at all. As long as I've watched him, I think the only time I liked him at all was in 3MB

Kairi actually got booed?

Was sure I heard a few. Unless they were booing the same guy who started shouting "Ruby sucks" at the beginning of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I didn’t hear any. People generally appeared to be going crazy for her.

I must just be so used to hearing people booing popular people that I hear it all the time now. I just remember thinking at the time "How can anyone boo Kairi?"

• Advertisement

You’d want to be a hard nosed fecker for sure.

So for some reason this match has been announced for NXT Live in San Antonio the night before Takeover
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/drew-mcintyre-vs-adam-cole-shawn-michaels-referee-nxt-live-san-antonio

McIntyre vs Cole for the title with Shawn Michaels as referee.

Saw one comment saying it was being done to attract more people and keep them away from RoH which is on in San Antonio the same night.

Found it weird that so many of the Mae Young tournament participants were in the Battle Royal yet the runner up, Shayna Baszler, wasn't.

If they're gonna build Shayna up, no point wasting an appearance in a multi person match and not winning.

Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream is so good. Patrick Clarke has really really made something of himself. Aleister Black has such an X factor about him

Was routing for Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch against Tino Sabatelli and Riddick Moss is a legit babyface vs heel way. Felt great. Love the idea of those two guys tagging, hope they have a good showing in the Dusty Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoy the hair gimmick of Bianca Belair and can see that getting over on the main roster as it's creative. That was a nice spot with Billie clinging on to it to survive.

Bianca is actually really good for someone who’s still very inexperienced. A lot of potential there.

Good job they had that graphic ready to go expecting the Undisputed Era to interfere.

So are both rings there for the whole show but only one is used for the other matches?

On a sidenote, does Peyton Royce appear to be... ummm... a bit more upfront these days? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Good show this week. Gargano Aichner is a really good TV match and well worth going out of your way to see. Loved the way Regal announced the WarGames match, really made it seem like a massive deal.

Would've liked British Strong Style included in this War Games match as they have unfinished issues with The Undisputed Era. 4 teams, 3 men each, 2 rings, 1 cage. I suppose keeping them as special attractions is good for now though.

Anyway great show this week and as said, Fabian Aichner vs Johnny Gargano was great. Really good crusier style match with power moves added too.

Liked the vignette of Street Profits vs Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli. Thought Montex Ford was gonna spill some of his party cup on that prisitne car. He maybe should have or maybe should've teased it.

I'm invested in both Mc Intyre vs Almas and Black vs Velveteen Dream.

The women's four way should be plenty of fun too and it's not even predictable who'll win the title. Any of them feasibly could. I also like that it has a truly global feel to it ; Japan vs USA vs Australia vs UK

Hyped for Takeover

• Advertisement

Agree with pretty much all of the above. Not really sold on Sabatelli and Moss though, and why would they own a Maserati between them?!

Johnny is money. Reckon Peyton or Nikki get the win at Takeover. I'll go with Peyton because they can put her in several natural feuds with faces. There aren't many (any?) female heels aside from herself and Billie, Nikki is basically face now.

Advertisement