Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I just can't wait to see what they're gonna call Samoa Joe.

I always enjoy reading the beloved IWC get their knickers in a twist when WWE re-brand one of their darlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I always enjoy reading the beloved IWC get their knickers in a twist when WWE re-brand one of their darlings.

Papa New Guine Bob?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Daniel Bryan on a radio show:
    Daniel talked about the WWE Network version of NXT, compared to the TV version that Daniel was on a few years ago:

"I think this version of NXT is better at getting talent exposure to the WWE fans than our was. The difference was we were actually on TV… if this NXT show was on TV it would be making stars out of people...to where they can go straight from NXT to being a main guy on RAW or Smackdown or whatever."

Daniel also shared an interesting idea that he had regarding NXT:

"Yeah I've actually pitched to go down and work one of the NXT specials against someone like Hideo Itami and Finn Balor or somebody like that...because it's hard sometimes when you are telling people 'Hey, you need to check out this awesome Sami Zayn / Kevin Owens match or Adrian Neville / Finn Balor match”'..But if you are to say 'Hey check out this awesome Daniel Bryan vs Hideo Itami match on the Network', more people I think would be willing to check it out."

Call me Mr. Scoops.

From the new Observer:
    There is a significant amount of current ROH talent that WWE has interest in right now, because they are both a lot more open-minded about smaller faster-paced indie style wrestlers and because they are interested in expanding NXT into a nationally touring group, and to do so, they need more guys who are poised enough to be headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'm not surprised that WWE would be interested in signing Adam Cole but it would suck if the likes of the Briscoes, O'Reilly and Lethal were to go too. I wouldn't be too upset if Romantic Touch or Moose were signed though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

What about Mike Bennett? Or has the Maria association killed his chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That was a pretty good episode. Would there be any chance of Charlotte appearing before WrestleMania?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »
    That's one and that's been pretty public but some others aren't. I don't want to be an unnecessary tease or play any guessing games. I'll just there will be a leftfield signing in the next 30 days or so and leave it at that.

Bobby Roode please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bobby Rooooooooo please.

FYP

jeremy-borash-borash-1352229854.jpg

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bobby Roode please.

Feck sake Moneymaker is Roode not an ROH name. :p

It involves no one from TNA. Some others have said it elsewhere initially I didn't want to be the first one to break it as I don't know who actually knows yet and I didn't want to be wrong. Frankly when I first heard it I thought I was being worked.

Some on this forum picked it up in the Independent Wrestling thread that something weird is happening. The biggest name from the apparent ROH talent exodus is The Briscoes. Two weeks ago they lost a feud in definitive fashion to Mike Bennett and Matt Taven. At the PPV Sunday Mark Briscoe was pinned by Moose in a short match and in the PPV Main Event Jay was pinned by three visual pinfalls by each member of Fatal Four Way. The Briscoes seemingly will leave ROH within a month or so.

Adam Cole and Moose seem to be leaving too. There's a lot more interested in leaving a lot of the roster are working without contracts now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've only seen pictures of the episode last night but Charlotte and sacha main evented the show last night. The pictures showed Charlotte doing a moonsault(?) from the top rope. But it was great that the girls main evented as its clearly a indication of the confidence they have in the nxt women's division.

It's a reason why I'm not worried about when HHH takes over the whole show. The wwe will be in good hands with him. That's of course if he is allowed to be do what he wants and kevin Dunn is told to talk a long walk and he is future endeavoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

k3XoDKz.jpg

They are doing a quasi-NXT Special for this match:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/573297789838495746

Another "dream" match indicating Balor may not be long for NXT too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Really hope it's Tonga Tony. Has a lovely ring to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will we see Okada in NXT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I thought it was a meh show in ring (apart from the Main Event). Glad to see their advancing Owens vs Riley and teasing something with Emma and Bailey.

I REALLY dislike Solomon Crowe.

Sasha Banks is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DM_7 wrote: »
    Will we see Okada in NXT?

I'd love to see that. In NXT specifically though. Not the WWE, who tend to ruin new stars coming in immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't recognise Charlotte in the locker room with Bayley.

Like how Emma is coming across as bitter.

And Kevin Owens is great in the role of being a complete d!ck

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I like Crowe and Bull.

Yeah I said it.

I can't believe how invested I am in the Riley/Owens stuff. BOTH are playing their parts.
    Garseys wrote: »
    I REALLY dislike Solomon Crowe.

He's just a composite of a bunch of really bad ideas.

FirmHarshHarvestmen.gif
    Palo Alto wrote: »
    I like Crowe and Bull.

Yeah I said it.

HOW? For who has the least flattering gear?

I don't know if I've said it here or somewhere else but Alexa's is referred to in NXT is "baby Trish Stratus". From her backstage promo it seemed like she has studied Trish's promo style sans the innuendo obviously.

The bad Diva acting backstage was tremendous all round. Congrats to all involved.

NXT continues to seem like a flop as an actual Developmental. Briggs, Dawkins and Fulton are considered some of their best home grown guys. For what they did they seemed very unremarkable.

Was driving the Sasha Banks train from fairly early on but she's an absolute icon these days. I thought Charlotte on the other hand was really sloppy and dragged things down.

• Advertisement

Also shots fired:
    JKTNDbl.jpg

All my Twitter pals seem to be going to the NXT Ohio shows. :-(

Tickets to the shows are selling for WWE PPV prices and more. Someone is selling their front ticket for $900.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, that Solomon Crowe finisher is completely stupid. And from the angle we saw it, it looked like he missed.

I was wondering if he had tried to come up with his own version of Dean Ambrose's little bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE really need to establish relationships with companies in Japan and Mexico so they can actually send those homegrown NXT guys out into the world and actually learn something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Anyone else think Adam Rose's gear was strangely reminiscent of Hollywood Hogan?

Yeah. He wore it a bit lately, when he was teaming with Tyson Kidd & Antonio Cesaro recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Watched the woman's match there - first time watching Sasha Banks; looks like she has it all.

Too bad her and Charlotte will be irrelevant once they are moved onto the main roster.

I'd be a little bit hopeful for Charlotte due to who her father is. Since WWE loves that stuff, Sasha Banks being Snoop's cousin could be the main thing that she has going for her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I like Bull because he's endearingly rubbish, I enjoy his throwback vibe, facial expressions and excellent cheesy music. Not in an ironic way.

Crowe I want to like, I liked Sami on the indies, but his gimmick is a complete and utter mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sasha's a star it's hard to believe she's only 23. She could be around for years to come. She plays her sneaky, bitchy heel character perfectly. I've never really been a big fan of Charlotte. She's ok in the ring but she has no character to speak of aside from being Ric's daughter. With Crowe I find myself wondering what the hell kind of gimmick it actually is. As for Bull I do get a giggle out of his entrance music with people just shouting "BULL". Not sure why. He's a bit rubbish apart from that.

Advertisement