Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DM_7 wrote: »
    Also pretty much every match excluding Sting v Triple H will have FCW finished or developed people in it.

Reigns
    Rollins
    Wyatt
    Ambrose and Harper
    Paige
    Rusev

It's going to take time for what you could call the new NXT system to catch that when most of the above were the stand outs and still there at the changeover.

Yup most of those are Dr. Tom Pritchard's FCW guys. WWE/Triple H labels them NXT guys so to make NXT sound like a success. You may not believe me on that but WWE has wiped Tom from history largely. Ask Tom.

The internet being internet blindly attributes everything to Sara Del Rey but if you ask Paige and she says it nearly every interview she says Norman Smiley was her trainer.

Seems like WWE has signed Jasmine Areebi from Canada:

tl4Wnvq.jpg

She follows the standard NXT hiring requirements: looks, young age (20), being straight out of Wrestling school etc. But I heard last Summer WWE was looking for a female wrestler of Arabic descent. Really got the vibe that WWE was looking at Seleziya Sparx too but she got banned from the US due to border issues.

But very happy for Jasmine if true. She's very green but shows a lot of promise. Also WWE needs new blood and especially people who aren't starting from scratch:

I want this poster:
    B_h2XT_WIAEUSKt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

That's amazing, like something from early 90's Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DM_7 wrote: »
    Also pretty much every match excluding Sting v Triple H will have FCW finished or developed people in it.

Reigns
    Rollins
    Wyatt
    Ambrose and Harper
    Paige
    Rusev

It's going to take time for what you could call the new NXT system to catch that when most of the above were the stand outs and still there at the changeover.

Not saying they need to be matching it at this stage, but pretty much none of the NXT homegrown talents look like they will ever even make it to Raw, let alone achieve anything of note. Most look like they won't ever even main event NXT.

Didn't realise Charlotte was a homegrown but really, without her last name, she would never be in the position she is currently in. If Charlotte is the best they have produced, the development side of things really needs a lot of work. That's pretty bad considering the amount they have put into it since the rebranding.

The TV side is mostly great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 flib

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but was Becky the only one left behind in Florida? I've read that Alexa is from Cleveland and Dana Brooke has ties to the Arnold Classic. Was there a specific reason why Becky wasn't in Ohio? Has she fallen down the pecking order?

It just seems strange that one of the four from the fatal 4 way match, didn't go on tour. Is Becky likely to make it to the main roster or is she just being used for her experience?

She was just the odd woman out with Alexa and Dana being from Ohio. Not getting into NXT TV spoilers her stock has never been higher. Zero clue about her and the main roster. Needs to nail her gimmick first. Personally not thinking about it until the end of the year.

Becky was actually "over" with Bill Demott. Her debut on NXT kind of coincided with Bill taking a liking to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flib

rovert wrote: »
    She was just the odd woman out with Alexa and Dana being from Ohio. Not getting into NXT TV spoilers her stock has never been higher. Zero clue about her and the main roster. Needs to nail her gimmick first. Personally not thinking about it until the end of the year.

Becky was actually "over" with Bill Demott. Her debut on NXT kind of coincided with Bill taking a liking to her.

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hate Jojo's big girl announcer voice

I can see Blake and Murphy being called up to the Main Roster before long.

They work very well together, and are exciting to watch. Also, Balor - this time next year, I think he will be huge on the main roster. His entrance at the Special events never fails to give me goosebumps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just hope they drop the f*cking awful dubstep entrance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Angron wrote: »

I'd say they will, they were seemingly elevated from jobberville very suddenly so I guess they didn't have time to prepare new music. Bulk tapings probably a factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Angron wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOO!! I love the fact they have been nicknamed the Dubstep Cowboys, I want that to be their actual team name. Would be hilarious!

I see WWE have trademarked the name "Redneck Reckin' Crew". Maybe that's what they'll call them up under

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOO!! I love the fact they have been nicknamed the Dubstep Cowboys, I want that to be their actual team name. Would be hilarious!
    Dubstep is the only genre of music that could rival my hatred of country music, so as long as they have that I won't take them seriously.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I see WWE have trademarked the name "Redneck Reckin' Crew". Maybe that's what they'll call them up under

Nah most likely these guys:

B714diSIgAAr7yX.jpg

They've been on NXT TV off and on as "The Mechanics." The team is Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson they've been on NXT Live Events for AGES. Really good workers but they need something more gimmick wise.

Nah most likely these guys:

They've been on NXT TV off and on as "The Mechanics." The team is Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson they've been on NXT Live Events for AGES. Really good workers but they need something more gimmick wise.

I had forgotten about Scott Dawson, been so long since he's been around. He's quite the worker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I had forgotten about Scott Dawson, been so long since he's been around. He's quite the worker

Yeah he wrestles like Arn Anderson and other 80s dudes. People like to find fault with the Full Sail crowd all the time but them not knowing what good work is is probably a legitimate criticism. They get into guys doing "video game offense" from the likes of Balor, Neville, Zayn etc but they've never gotten behind Dawson or appreciate his traditional Pro Wrestling style.

Dana Brooke's theme needs to chart. It is awesome:

She debuts
    April 8th. Apparently in a real stinker of a match with Blue Pants which the crowd rejected badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Any word on why they don't have JoJo wrestling yet? From clips it looks as if she caught onto it quick enough, much faster than Eva Marie. Is she not progressing at a level they'd like or is it because she's still very young? She's only 19 or 20 now isn't she

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any word on why they don't have JoJo wrestling yet? From clips it looks as if she caught onto it quick enough, much faster than Eva Marie. Is she not progressing at a level they'd like or is it because she's still very young? She's only 19 or 20 now isn't she

Because she's barely taller than the middle rope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

She's fine where she is as the ring announcer. Lilian Garcia won't be there forever I guess.

There's a lot of money in ring announcing apparently Justin Roberts was on $275,000 with all road and other expenses. Always heard that Eden will get Raw and JoJo will get Smackdown when they evidently pension off Lillian. JoJo can sing Eden apparently can't too. They need someone who can do the National Anthem

But yeah JoJo is pretty good. Sasha Banks really wants her to wrestle.

Said elsewhere but JoJo turned 21. In Florida that means she can drink legally and can drive a car on her own/without a driver who has a full licence. She doesn't have to ride with Becky anymore if she doesn't want to too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

There's a lot of money in ring announcing apparently Justin Roberts was on $275,000 with all road and other expenses. Always heard that Eden will get Raw and JoJo will get Smackdown when they evidently pension off Lillian. JoJo can sing Eden apparently can't too. They need someone who can do the National Anthem

But yeah JoJo is pretty good. Sasha Banks really wants her to wrestle.

Said elsewhere but JoJo turned 21. In Florida that means she can drink legally and can drive a car on her own/without a driver who has a full licence. She doesn't have to ride with Becky anymore if she doesn't want to too! :P

You should have your own NXT Divas Gossip Magazine. :P

You should have your own NXT Divas Gossip Magazine. :P

IN FAIRNESS :p

I've dropped all news worth posting on here.

For months I had been forecasting Bill Demott's days were drawing to a close.

For months I've been saying NXT is becoming a touring brand only in the last week others elsewhere have copped on to that properly.

The whole "is NXT even a developmental" talking point that people elsewhere have been taking about the last 6 days was posted here first before it gained ground online. It only gained ground as I talked to some influencial people in terms of sources of Dave Meltzer and Mike Johnson.

I genuinely broke the news that Briscoes and Samoa Joe were NXT bound on this forum.

Not to toot my own horn or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

For months I've been saying NXT is becoming a touring brand only in the last week others elsewhere have copped on to that properly.

The whole "is NXT even a developmental" talking point that people elsewhere have been taking about the last 6 days was posted here first before it gained ground online. It only gained ground as I talked to some influencial people in terms of sources of Dave Meltzer and Mike Johnson.

I genuinely broke the news that Briscoes and Samoa Joe were NXT bound on this forum.

But do you know the lotto numbers for tonight?

horn.jpg

:P:P:P

I broke the internet on Monday announcing on Twitter frankly because there was no news and I bored that the Briscoes were heading to NXT.

But I posted it last Thursday on here and not a peep out from you lads:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94555397&postcount=312

The absolute latest on the Briscoes is that they are finishing up at ROH's next PPV "Best In The World" on the 19th of June . They asked ROH to be given their release May 1st but ROH is holding on to them until the PPV.

My personal assumption is that 19th June will be when Adam Cole is able to return to the ring. Cole is really the only guy they could put the belt on next that wouldn't be seen as a step down and whom ROH has control over. An AJ Styles for example altought a bigger star than Cole is under contract with New Japan AND the IWGP Champion so he isn't currently allowed to do jobs in other promotions.

Jumping back to NXT the 1st of May request from The Briscoes is interesting as it may indicate NXT will tour nationally starting that month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has Joe been confirmed for NXT then?

Advertisement