Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They would have been perfect for Snookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ShagNastii wrote: »

I don't think I ever enjoyed Enzo as much as when he was in the cast booting around in the electric wheelchair.

Agree with ya there, that was gold

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Always enjoyed Alex Riley's work and I'm delighted he's getting another chance. Considering how much of a twat he came across when he was with The Miz (read: he was a good heel) I was surprised at how well being a face seemed to suit him in the ring. He definitely has a natural likability to him

Like seeing Enzo and Cass getting a push - but I thought it was a bit weird to put them against the Lucha Dragons. Were there no other heels for them to go against?

Delighted that Alexa Bliss is getting more to do than being squashed by Sasha. Her improvement is very noticeable and I enjoyed finally getting to see that Sparkle Splash everyone's been talking about. Carmella looked uneasy in the ring but hey she's only been doing it a year or so. Charlotte pulled out some stinkers before her match at Takeover. Both girls need work in the ring but they're fully in control of their characters - even if Carmella confuses the audience. The bookers just need to decide if she'll stay with Enzo and Cass properly and be a face - or turn on them and be a heel. From what people say on Diva Dirt, Carmella seems to be a hit with diva fans a la girls like Maryse and Maxine

Also from the way the commentary hinted at it, seems like they're going for a possible program between Sasha and Alexa. That would make for a good interim feud before she inevitably goes against Becky. Because lord knows we've seen Sasha vs Bayley far too many times already. A few months ago Sasha and Alexa got rave reviews for some house show matches

Loved Riley's backstage promo, he showed great fire. He sure can talk.

I get the ring rust angle was being played up during the match, but he really didn't look too good (perhaps there's real ring rust there too)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Further confirmation KC Cassidy is NXT bound:
    https://twitter.com/mcitywrestling/status/576684275241615360

Marcus Louis resurfaced on a Live Event last night:
    https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/576614581180743680

• Advertisement

One of Dana Brooke's routines at the Arnold:

It is WWE themed.

Mentioned these two in the past:
    https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/577338077800087553

This lad from Germany is on his way:
    https://twitter.com/AxeMan3016/status/577122761170014208

Uhaa left his principle UK promotion this weekend:
    https://twitter.com/JamesGrundy_/status/577199438831161345

Jimmy finished with IWA: Mid South:
    https://twitter.com/JimmyJacobsX/status/577357395342573569

Evie from New Zealand was at the same tryout as KC Cassidy. Evie has been hinting that she may be signed also:
    Evie_1-full_1381695_.jpg

Evie is ridiculously athletic and she's got natural babyface charisma that I don't think any woman other than Bayley has in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Jimmy Jacobs eh? Must have made an impression as a rosebud.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

He could do well as a manager for that Baron Corbin lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Waiting for the Seth Rollins and/or Dean Ambrose feud.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Waiting for the Seth Rollins and/or Dean Ambrose feud.

You can wait as Jimmy is WWE Creative

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Good hire.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Good hire.

At the end of the day Jacobs or some early 20 year old dork are still pitching to Vince McMahon.

AIW uploaded a full match of Jasmine's

CAP8_YhUIAAtuWA.jpg

Remember when NXT matches were just a thing at WrestleMania Axxess that people walked by?

Graves ended his career at Axxess while most people where in line to meet I don't know Los Matadores or something.

AKA last year

• Registered Users Posts: 40,013 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rovert as you seem to be the nxt expert here. I mentioned tessa Blanchard in the network thread after watching the hall of fame and know she was a rosebud, and with you posting about several wrestlers being signed. What's the opinion on her if any ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Rovert as you seem to be the nxt expert here. I mentioned tessa Blanchard in the network thread after watching the hall of fame and know she was a rosebud, and with you posting about several wrestlers being signed. What's the opinion on her if any ?

Tessa has a **** tonne of potential. There's a lot of pressure on her and she has had a lot of praise already probably too much as she's only been Wrestling since July she like anyone with her experience level she can have bad matches.

It is meaningful you know her Dad Tully Blanchard's work. He was one of the absolute best 80s heels. She has the same super hateable smirk, phrasing, delivery, body lanuage as Tully. It is really uncanny. I do believe NXT will sign her within the next 12 months easy.

Her indie theme is a remix of the WCW Horseman theme. It is gas:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

rovert wrote: »

Remember when NXT matches were just a thing at WrestleMania Axxess that people walked by?

I was there two years ago. The queue for Paul Heyman chanted ole ole for Sami Zayn and I thought 'of course the Heyman fans are the ones doing that and not the Mark Henry queue.'

Yeah I agree as I said it in the network thread that the Apple hasn't fallen far from the tree with tessa and tully. That would be something I'd worry is that goes too fast too soon but she can't really control what people say about her though.

I know it won't happen as Charlotte will be on the main roster before tessa is potentially signed. But the two daughters of two of the four horseman ? That **** writes itself and what a story you could tell.

Anyway cheers rovert.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He's been pretty entertaining any time I've seen him interacting with people on Twitter actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »

4,000 plus tickets sold out straight away. That's seriously good going, I think NXT will be a touring brand before much longer though how long it can sustain the interest is another question I guess. It's the "in" thing now but there'll be plenty of call ups post Mania I'm sure.

Are the matches tonight ones that were filmed in Ohio ?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I'm a little confused, since it aired earlier than usual. Is that all for this week or is the regular episode airing as well?

VERY average show in the ring. Enzo is charismatic. Alexa needs to stop doing her knees thing.

Thought Balor actually asking Alex Riley what's the craic was the highlight of the show but check out how they captioned it:
    CAa0SNYUQAEfY8w.png

Ah jaysus, thats some (inaudible)!

Next seems to be back in Full Sail. For those who followed the spoilers the last two weeks have been a head wrecker - essentially they filmed things out of sequence AND reversed a few things around. The segment with Regal this week was a huge "ah that makes sense" moment.

Edit: JUST NOTICED THE SHOVEL IN THE BACKGROUND

• Advertisement

Just heard Sara is now working primarily as the agent for the main roster women's matches. Essentially Sara will be replacing Finlay.

Interesting post-Demott timing. Huh?

Advertisement