Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hear Bill has gone through a series of understanding and sensitivity courses.

WWE have hired him back, and he will return as Hugh Manitarian...:eek::P

Gotta love Kayfabe News

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »
    Just heard Sara is now working primarily as the agent for the main roster women's matches. Essentially Sara will be replacing Finlay.

Interesting post-Demott timing. Huh?

I assume that's bad news for the women on the main roster?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I assume that's bad news for the women on the main roster?

It is a different dynamic and with a lot more accountability.

Del Rey agenting Nikki vs Paige may explain it being better and perhaps the time allotted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So is it a wait and see how we get on scenario? Finlay was in charge of the division back since the days of Trish and Lita I thought. I wonder what his role is going to be if he's replaced.

So is it a wait and see how we get on scenario? Finlay was in charge of the division back since the days of Trish and Lita I thought. I wonder what his role is going to be if he's replaced.

He's 56 so he is knocking on a bit. Also he was Johnny Ace guy/hire and Triple H is continually replacing Johnny Ace and Kevin Dunn appointments with his own people who are bonded to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He's 56 so he is knocking on a bit. Also he was Johnny Ace guy/hire and Triple H is continually replacing Johnny Ace and Kevin Dunn appointments with his own people who are bonded to him.

The coup is on!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,013 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Those that include kevin Dunn and johnny ace ? Please say it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So I am guessing Triple H is the one who hired the New Age Outlaws to work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So I am guessing Triple H is the one who hired the New Age Outlaws to work there?

oh you didn't know ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Those that include kevin Dunn and johnny ace ? Please say it does.

Neither of these things are hardly privileged info.

• Advertisement

A bit surprised at the total lack of reaction for Alexa Bliss in her hometown this week. Sasha Banks on the other hand, had a great pop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What happened in the Riley vs Owens match? I didn't get to see that bout.

Omackeral wrote: »
    What happened in the Riley vs Owens match? I didn't get to see that bout.

Haven't got that far into the show yet buddy.

Sasha Banks is awesome. I think she's better developed and more into her character than some of the divas on the main roster.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    A bit surprised at the total lack of reaction for Alexa Bliss in her hometown this week. Sasha Banks on the other hand, had a great pop

Wasn't a hometown crowd it was a lot of out of towners. A friend of mine drove from Kentucky (4 hours) after work to get there. She wanted to see Balor but she missed the opener due to traffic. The opener was Balor & Itami vs The Vaudevillans. :( At least Balor did a run in in the Owens-Riley match.

Wasn't a hometown crowd it was a lot of out of towners. A friend of mine drove from Kentucky (4 hours) after work to get there. She wanted to see Balor but she missed the opener due to traffic. The opener was Balor & Itami vs The Vaudevillans. :( At least Balor did a run in in the Owens-Riley match.

Ya, nice to see Owens act like a true heel, running away. And I lived the little sly Sig he got in at Riley in the way back... Its these small things that make NXT the best thing in the entire WWE right now. Logical, simple stories

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If they plan on having NXT as a touring brand, they really shouldn't be calling people up to the main roster anymore (other than the money, why would anyone want to move?). Zayn and Neville can't be far off a call up which will really leave a hole in NXT. Their absence has been very noticeable in recent weeks. They are the types of people who will be drawing in the crowds and the difference between the touring aspect being a success or a failure.

Development contracts can still exist but instead of calling everyone up to Raw, let them earn the full contract and keep them on NXT until they actually need someone on the main roster.

This Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens feud has been incredibly half assed. Seems like they forgot they needed to have a match so just threw it on next week to get it done with.

And Alex Riley still sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He does still suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Palo Alto wrote: »
    He does still suck.

But his theme song is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Plus she hasn't really been featured on TV that much. And when she has, she's been a jobber to Sasha and Charlotte. Sasha meanwhile has been featured regularly across the programming for two years now. But the crowd did still duel chant "let's go Bliss" and "let's go Sasha" during the match

Speaking of which, I thought the count-out finish was a good move. Bliss is only just starting to get wins and she's been overpowered completely by Sasha so far. So a count-out win is far better than suddenly being able to upset the Women's Champion. Going with Bliss/Banks is also a nice idea for an interim feud other than seeing her vs Bayley for the umpteenth time again. It'll help build her up as champion before she inevitably moves onto Becky

Liked the Murphy/Cass match for what it was. Anyone else think that Cass's trunks and giant knee pads make him look a little less tall? He should probably switch to tights or something to help emphasize his height. But great that he and Enzo are getting a program. They'd been kind of just there after that Hair vs Hair match. They were incredibly over. If they become champions then they'll make a fortune in merchandise

I liked the main event. Riley still has some obvious ring rust but he really helped sell the intensity of the match. I'd like to see him get a nice program on NXT to help set him up as a wrestler once again. Chap needs a haircut though. I got serious chills with Balor making the save. 10-year-old me would have been marking out like a mental patient

Both Jasmin and Jimmy Jacobs finished up for AIW last night.

Jasmin (left) is only 20. On a scary trivia note that may age you she was born the day of Survivor Series 1994! A big reason why they signed her is that like Sami Zayn she can speak Arabic. Her mother is Israeli/Turkish and father is Iraqi/Moroccan. So quite the mix.
    CAlYI82WQAA68Zj.jpg

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/579352292219969536

Jimmy will be NXT Creative not main roster. If this touring brand thing takes off he will NXT's encyclopedia in terms what works in the Independent Wrestling context. Jimmy not only has written some amazing storylines for himself in the past decade but he has also worked for every US indie and often concurrently. Last year he was the leader of faction in seemingly everyone! So he has seen it all first hand. NXT also feels a lot of their characters are kind of flat and need further development. Jimmy will help in that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hang on, Jacobs is only around 30. Does this mean he's retiring from in-ring, or what's the story?

Angron wrote: »
    Hang on, Jacobs is only around 30. Does this mean he's retiring from in-ring, or what's the story?

Wrestlers don't retire, brother. :P

Yeah I don't think he will ever Wrestle while with NXT/WWE and being in a Creative position. Jimmy is 31 but has been wrestling for 16 years and has had his issues with substance abuse. He has lived a hard life. Npt a young 31 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Haha I could see WWE's creative team putting a burqa on Jasmin :P (given their love of over-the-top stereotypes).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Haha I could see WWE's creative team putting a burqa on Jasmin :P (given their love of over-the-top stereotypes).

Surely it would be Princess Jasmine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So one of the NXT stars is going to be in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. It will be a battle royal on the Thursday of Axxess to decide who gets the spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So one of the NXT stars is going to be in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. It will be a battle royal on the Thursday of Axxess to decide who gets the spot!

I'm guessing it'll be Mighty Mouse by turning heel and cheating Finn out of it and Finn will come out the night after mania on Raw too confront him!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

I thought there was going to be a tournament on the Thursday to earn a spot for it?

Pwtorch are reporting,

"WWE announced Friday that a tournament will be held at WrestleMania Axxess on Thursday, March 26 to determine which wrestler gets the slot.

The first four names announced for the tournament at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center are Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, and Tyler Breeze."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So is this match on this Wednesdays show?

a5erEjR.jpg

Bayley has been on NXT TV for 2 years now. She debuted as a heel

You never hear any call up news about her. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a tournament on the Thursday to earn a spot for it?

Pwtorch are reporting,

"WWE announced Friday that a tournament will be held at WrestleMania Axxess on Thursday, March 26 to determine which wrestler gets the slot.

The first four names announced for the tournament at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center are Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, and Tyler Breeze."
    Apologies, it is a tournament. You are right!

Advertisement