Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How would everyone feel if balor entered it and won it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

How would everyone feel if balor entered it and won it

A battle royal is kind of a cold way to debut. It is very midcard. I'd do it if I was extremely confident Balor would get a strong reaction from the Wrestlemania crowd. I'd also have him last until the final four people at the very least. I'd have him do a seperate entrance 100%. You could do the highest possible production version of his Demon entrance too using the budget they have for Wrestlemania. However logistically him doing his crawling entrance in a stadium maybe long and painful figuratively and literally. But has pulled off a high production entrance before (4:30):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19h2vv_prince-devitt-vs-kota-ibushi-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-8-2014_sport

Then again I still shudder at him struggling to take off this space helmet :p:
    nfJNp1W.jpg

Or you could just debut him the next night on Raw and a guaranteed major reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

rovert wrote: »
    Bayley has been on NXT TV for 2 years now. She debuted as a heel

You never hear any call up news about her. :(

Probably for the best. You only have to look at how badly Emma has been handled to see how she would fair.

Also CJ Parker and Tyler Breeze have been on TV longer I think. Tyler used to go by Mike Dalton and I remeber seeing a tag match with both Parker and Dalton on one of the early episodes of the relaunched NXT. It's just a matter of time for Breeze but can't see Parker getting moved up anytime soon

Taped in February 2014 back when NXT was cool.

• Advertisement

This Wednesday:

CA0GxH8WsAAd7pY.jpg

Minor spoiler
    I believe that and Bliss vs Sasha are the only two matches. Owens vs Balor went like 35-40 minutes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hey Rovert, as someone who likes to talk about how much they know about NXT and being "friends" with people over there, I resent the tone you took with me a few pages back on here. You are one of the most informative posters on here but can you please not do that again?

Hey Rovert, as someone who likes to talk about how much they know about NXT and being "friends" with people over there, I resent the tone you took with me a few pages back on here. You are one of the most informative posters on here but can you please not do that again?

Zero idea what you referring to be honest. Strange fight to pick.

It's not a fight. I'm just saying, it's not alright for you to be patronising when someone defers to your knowledge of something.

It's not a fight. I'm just saying, it's not alright for you to be patronising when someone defers to your knowledge of something.

Again you are being too vague for me here. I don't recall being patronising. Again report me to the mods or avoid me if you have problem with me. Would prefer that than picking random fights.

• Advertisement

Post number 462. Hardly something worth reporting to the mods, but definitely a bit too put-downish when all I did was ask you a question.

Post number 462. Hardly something worth reporting to the mods, but definitely a bit too put-downish when all I did was ask you a question.

Strange as someone commented to me about the tone of this post last night. Personally didn't reply to it for the same reason:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94807325&postcount=56

We can both play the nit pick game on here. I've been voted Most Helpful on here in the past.

Can we get back to NXT now?

Nothing to do with what I talked about. I didn't address anyone in that post, I made a general statement. I don't appreciate your tactic of mentioning that someone is messaging you about me. Anyway, I find you to be quite helpful on here, but not when you make posts like that and are dragging other things into play as a means of nit-picking, as you put it. I had an issue with what you said to me a couple of pages back, I went to you about it and you are not prepared to address that with me. Fair enough. If someone has an issue with what I said in the matches of the year thread, it was never meant to be that way and surely rovert isn't the person to come to about that, I'd like to think it would be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Jaysus boys, yer gas.

Ye know wrestling isn't real ya? :P

Not a tactic it is a simple fact. The person can come forward if he wants to. I am just illustrating that you often come across put downish yourself. I'll accept the criticism but you need to realise you come across that way yourself and more recently than I have that's all.

Rovert, it doesn't matter what I said in the other thread really, because I am the one who is calling you on something that YOU said to me, in this one.. Thank you for discussing it with me this morning. But you don't need to get defensive. If someone has something they want to talk to me about, they can. I view you "alluding" to something as a tactic. You don't, obviously. I'm logging off now and I am feeling quite saddened to think that someone is messaging another user about something which I have said. I find this environment to be quite an enjoyable one for posting and discussing professional wrestling, and learning more about aspects of it which I might not usually hear or see anything about. It hurts my feelings and embarrasses me sometimes if someone makes me feel like I am a bit stupid, for perhaps asking too much of an obvious question. Anyway, I really respect you as a poster and thoroughly enjoy the content which you put up here. I hope we can get past this and not end up like this.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kevin-owens-alex-riley.png?w=650

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah lads, this is not really the place for this - can it be done through PM at all?

I'm not back seat modding. I'm quite familiar with both posters here, and have never had an issue with either. Both are helpful and informative.

The problem with the internet is, typed word cannot convey tone the same way speech can. So things can be picked up wrong or interpreted in ways that were not intended.

As Rovert said, he's been voted most helpful poster before - i'm sure he didn't go out of his way to intentionally upset you Stereomaniac

Anyhow, back to NXT!

Really looking forward to Balór vs Owens. Gonna be avoiding the spoilers like crazy!

Thank you gerry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The problem with the internet is, typed word cannot convey tone the same way speech can. So things can be picked up wrong or interpreted in ways that were not intended.

Anyhow, back to NXT!

Really looking forward to Balór vs Owens. Gonna be avoiding the spoilers like crazy!

I agree with all of the above! :)

NXT is the only product I refuse to read any spoilers for. I love watching the weekly shows with no idea who is scheduled to appear or results and the likes.

It really does capture the old school way of what wrestling tv shows used to feel like as a kid. Looking forward to watching the title match on Thursday Night should be a great match.

Thank you gerry.

No worries. :)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above! :)

NXT is the only product I refuse to read any spoilers for. I love watching the weekly shows with no idea who is scheduled to appear or results and the likes.

It really does capture the old school way of what wrestling tv shows used to feel like as a kid. Looking forward to watching the title match on Thursday Night should be a great match.

I think you're right about the old school feel of the show. They truly know how to build to a match, and this has been proven time and again, with the likes of Sami Zayn's journey to the title, to see it all ripped away from him.

It the simple story telling that wins out every time. Kevin Owens is the perfect heel too in my opinion. He's a badass. He never lies, and truly believes what he's doing is right, and justified.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It the simple story telling that wins out every time. Kevin Owens is the perfect heel too in my opinion. He's a badass. He never lies, and truly believes what he's doing is right, and justified.

Again perfectly put agree wit every word, Owen's character is so well written that I don't see him as a heel I see him as a bad-ass asskicker who just wants a better life for him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Owens is essentially Walter White in a wrestling ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was gonna say forget Owens vs Balor and just do rovert vs stereomaniac!

Here's my take. Stereo, you're on the internet, don't take it so personally and certainly don't allow yourself to get upset over a pro wrestling message board. We're all mates on here I like to think, it's the best 'community' vibe I've seen in any forum. Love it here. Hope to be around it for a long time.

And rovey, obviously you've a great passion and inside scoop for the biz and we all appreciate the knowledge you drop on us. Sometimes though ya can come off a little elitist to those who wouldn't know you or be as 'up' on the product as yourself.

Anyway, bring back Blue Pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's a forum lads, I doubt anybody really cares about your little "argument"! Cheers for all the info you provide Rovert!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can we all call Rovert "Rovey" or is it just Omackeral. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I've gotten away with it once or twice...

So the NXT San Jose show is a big deal also NOT ON THE WWE NETWORK
    https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/581179853472329728

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Poor Bayley. Is there any of her friends that won't turn on her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

That was a nice slap in fairness. Emma should be proud of that

Advertisement