Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Poor Bayley. Is there any of her friends that won't turn on her?

FCDRI0twjxVvO.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Kevin Owens is a really good heel. He's one of these people I just want to see get the s*** kicked out of.

Feed him to Lesnar please :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrote a post and lost it yesterday. :(
    That was a nice slap in fairness. Emma should be proud of that

Zl8w6dE.gif

Weird commenting on the Sasha-Bliss match as it was recorded before last week's match from Ohio. But it is obvious Bliss isn't ready for the top mix yet. She has the weird of hitting her more intricate offence really well while have really bogey fundamentals. I've always liked Alexa's facial expressions always looks like she's in a fight.

Very divisive match online but that's Owen-Balor was fantastic in terms of what they were going for and perhaps given Owen's knee. Sure they could had a much more hyped movez match, but along with the 'Finn needs the demon' story, this was just the long TV match they needed to have. Owens is simply one vicious step ahead of all his contenders.

Owens started out as a Neville or a Balor type then after his heel turn he has been he is turning down the momentum and stalling the hell out of his (and his opponent's) offense to buffer that snarky fan cheering him on when he is meant to be vilified. Sure he got a few Rest Owens Rest chants but even Alex Riley was getting a tinge of sympathy by the end of their match. Alex Riley!

The Balor match however really clued me in on what he was trying to do, because he beat the audience over the head with it. A crowd that was evenly split between Finn and Kevin started to favour Balor a little more after each extended chin lock. By the sixth consecutive Owens grind down spot with little flash from Balor in the interim, you could see some fans completely tuning out, but it was building for a purpose. Once Finn started getting his hope spots in, the crowd was white hot for him, even the guys that were previously cheering for Owens. This was the final match of a TV taping and Full Sail can be jaded as hell sometimes, considering the talent they get to see every month, but when Owens kicked out of that Coup de Grace, the faces in the front row were completely marking out. A few people online just saw Owens doing the WWE ACME chin lock spot which is a shame. I'm not usually a fan of heel stalling tactics, somehow Owens is able to do it in a way that makes me more invested in a match, not less.

Loved the sadistic attack on Balor's knee and Balor's selling of it too.

Amazing the difference a year makes. This time last year Owens did the WWE tryout and people online thought he wouldn't physically make it through it:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

He's really likeable, his English has come on strong too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

He's really likeable, his English has come on strong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Owens/Balor was great. I was disappointed to see Finn lose even though a) I already knew he'd lost and b) it makes sense if he's being called up. They sold the story of his injured knee well though and Owens came across like a great heel. The crowd defo seemed jaded at the start, understandably, but they were well into it by the end.

Haha I could see WWE's creative team putting a burqa on Jasmin :P (given their love of over-the-top stereotypes).

Like getting Becky to dye her hair red WWE got Jasmin to dye her hair black to make her more Middle Eastern looking:

https://twitter.com/IsntSHELOVELY_4/status/581285897452195840

Y6AfQK6.jpg
    EuL8bZy.jpg
    Crowds looking good for tonight

Stephanie is broadcasting the NXT show via her phone:
    https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/581698987838816256

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"So that's Asian Punk? And Irish Boogeyman? Why is Ric Flair a girl now? And why are the women wrestling? Where are the midgets? Why is the champion a fat ass? God damn it, I've not heard anyone tell me there's a Network for 30 seconds! How will people know they can subscribe and cancel at any time?!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Have to wonder what Vince thought of the show. Those damn milennials damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

that crowd looks great. I ****ing love Mania weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Garseys wrote: »
    Have to wonder what Vince thought of the show. Those damn milennials damnit.

He was probably wondering why the crowd seemed to be enjoying the show. In case you're reading this vince it's a well booked WRESTKING SHOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »

Surely he does it at Mania now?

Garseys wrote: »
    Have to wonder what Vince thought of the show.

Baron Corbin is tall.

Seriously.

The only thing I heard is that he was into the Charlotte/Sasha Banks match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moneymaker wrote: »

It's the WWE they will probably have the Big Show do it to him 2 seconds into his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Moneymaker wrote: »

Won't it confuse the ones who just want to chant CM Punk considering aren't they the same ones who know who Hideo is?

• Advertisement

Owens and Zayn just destroying each other on the mike

Caution the guy recording it is the dirt worst.

rovert wrote: »
    Stephanie is broadcasting the NXT show via her phone:
    https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/581698987838816256

32;40 “Developmental my ass.”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Drew McIntyre would be great in NXT.

Good to see Jimmy Jacobs taking over Adam Rose gimmick. We can get Leo Kruger back now.

Did any of the NXT class/trained male wrestlers appear in the San Jose event?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

DM_7 wrote: »
    Drew McIntyre would be great in NXT.

Good to see Jimmy Jacobs taking over Adam Rose gimmick. We can get Leo Kruger back now.

Did any of the NXT class/trained male wrestlers appear in the San Jose event?
    He isn't in WWE to wrestle though? He is working on the Creative team!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    He isn't in WWE to wrestle though? He is working on the Creative team!

I know that. He just looks like Adam Rose in daily life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

DM_7 wrote: »
    I know that. He just looks like Adam Rose in daily life.
    Ah right, I thought you were on about him getting into the ring! My bad!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ah right, I thought you were on about him getting into the ring! My bad!

My fault really. I am spending too much time reading tweets the last few days so ended up leaving my post short on explanation.

It's the WWE they will probably have the Big Show do it to him 2 seconds into his debut.

I know he didn't us the GTS but still.

:(:mad::(

• Advertisement

Just announced:
    NXT TAKEOVER – LIVE! – AIRS MONTHLY ON WEDNESDAYS
    The future is here. WWE’s hottest up-and-coming Superstars compete to prove they’ve got what it takes. More than just evolution, it’s a revolution! Witness these WWE Superstars of tomorrow as they take over WWE Network with live two-hour specials.

Advertisement