Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think this will mean more main roster interrogation and indie name signees rather than NXT trainees getting more chances. Also more of eejits writing about how inexperienced, still-learning workers like Dana Brooke are "ruining" things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is a surprise step, i wonder if it will tie into the NXT house shows or is it just another way to get subs for the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So it's gonna be like a monthly ppv format? If it means more hours of NXT I'm all for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

See Tomasso Ciampa has announced he's finished with RoH as of next weekend, is it possible he is on his way to NXT?

LeeJM wrote: »
    See Tomasso Ciampa has announced he's finished with RoH as of next weekend, is it possible he is on his way to NXT?

Very, very much doubt it. Dunno if you follow ROH a lot, LeeJM but this seems to be a work. Like Matt Taven's departure was last year.

Ciampa is at a weird age (29) to be signed. But more than that he was in WWE developmental before. They rarely sign someone a second time. On top of that his issues with mental health are kind of well known in the industry too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

rovert wrote: »
    Very, very much doubt it. Dunno if you follow ROH a lot, LeeJM but this seems to be a work. Like Matt Taven's departure was last year.

Ciampa is at a weird age (29) to be signed. But more than that he was in WWE developmental before. They rarely sign someone a second time. On top of that his issues with mental health are kind of well known in the industry too.

I dip in and out of RoH. Didn't realise it was a work, with out going off topic whats the storyline?

And I didnt know he's ex-developmental. Not a big fan of him at all personally but after hearing about the exodus thats brewing in RoH and NXT signing more new talent this seemed like it could be linked.

Mental health issues?! So Sicilian Psychopath may not just be a nickname :eek:

LeeJM wrote: »
    I dip in and out of RoH. Didn't realise it was a work, with out going off topic whats the storyline?

And I didnt know he's ex-developmental. Not a big fan of him at all personally but after hearing about the exodus thats brewing in RoH and NXT signing more new talent this seemed like it could be linked.

Mental health issues?! So Sicilian Psychopath may not just be a nickname :eek:

There's a mystery group of Wrestlers coming from out of the crowd and inferring in matches:
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/we-will-make-needed-change-krd

Ciampa's issues are on a number of levels he's really intense, roided looking dude who can fly off the handle. Like a Scott Steiner type. But more sympathetically he has had issues with depression. On Colt Cabana's podcast he detailed the story of him locking himself inside his car in a garage with the car exhaust blocked in a suicide attempt after WWE released him from developmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they're recording 3 shows a month which will air weekly then have a live 2 hour show?

Sasha posted this on her Tumblr. Sasha vs Charlotte from the NXT San Jose live event

Everyone said it was the best match of the night.

My main man Dylan Miles made his in ring debut at Axxess

DqvEaP1.jpg

You know this guy:

eEmtZzr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

WWE now briefing that the wording in the press release was incorrect and the specials will remain quarterly.

QikBax wrote: »
    WWE now briefing that the wording in the press release was incorrect and the specials will remain quarterly.

They saw sense. :P

CJ Parker was released from his WWE NXT deal this past Saturday. I am told Parker requested his release and it was granted on amicable terms.

In fact, the parting was so amicable that WWE allowed him to wrestle on the Saturday and Sunday AXXESS sessions to finish him out.

Parker, originally trained by ROH star Truth Martini, signed a WWE developmental deal in 2011. He had been a regular on the NXT series, most recently as an environmental activist heel.

Such a bummer. People will trip themselves to tell you how great he was on Live Events compared to NXT TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Looks like NXT needs a new jobber. What's Sylvester Lefort doing?

The Boss enjoyed the the boss:
    Vince McMahon, who attended his first-ever NXT event last Friday, is said to be super high on Charlotte after seeing her work against Sasha Banks. There was talk of her moving to the main roster Mania week and that only multiplied after McMahon saw her work. I am told that McMahon also requested that she be featured more in the Tapout commercials that are running, so if you see more of an emphasis on her in that campaign, you'll know why. I was told by several that Vince McMahon also loved Sasha Banks' work on the NXT live event in San Jose, CA.

Hideo Itami got the nod to win the tournament for the NXT tournament for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at the last minute. The original plan was for Finn Balor or Adrian Neville to go over. Once the match was moved to the pre-show, the decision was made to go with Itami as a way to tie him into Tatsumi Fujinami going into the WWE Hall of Fame, since there was a lot of Japanese media in town covering Fujinami.

The Neville call up has been in place for some time.

CJ Parker decision to leave NXT was said to have been motivated by the feeling he had been in developmental for a long time (almost four years) and wanting to get out and make a name for himself outside of WWE as well as not wanting to be seen as one of those types of talents who are in developmental forever and never move on. I was also told it was a case of Parker wanting to better himself by wrestling internationally and up his game.

A number of NXT talents played the soldiers in the Triple H entrance at Wrestlemania, including Enzo Amore and Solomon Crowe.

Credit: PWInsider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

CJ Parker released?

I wish him well but thank god its not CJ Perry!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Idea: Put Solomon Crowe in a suit and give him a 'Guy Fawkes' mask of his own face for his entrance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I find myself hoping Blake and Murphy lose their matches almost solely because I don't want to hear more of their atrocious theme.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Blake and Murphy need better names. Even the commentary team get confused. As a team i like the way they come across as actual tag team of old rather than two singles guys just tagging if you know what i mean.

Jason Jordan is an impressive looking guy. Looks to have a lot more potential to be good and not annoying like Mojo Rawley.

I am surprised Dillinger hasn't carved out a spot for himself yet, he is around a long time now. As a comparison he is older than Daniel Bryan.

A bunch of International indie females attended the NXT show last night. Evie from New Zealand, Kellie Skater, Madison Eagles, Shazza McKenzie from Australia, Nikki Storm from Scotland and Tomoka Nakagawa from Japan accompanied by Daffney and Lexie Fyfe.

11055927_1589997714573792_860937382_n.jpg

11055626_697448980365173_1007722950_n.jpg

Apparently attending NXT shows with female indie workers is pretty fun/amusing as their eyes get fully opened about how good the NXT girls are and the deficiencies in their own games. The main things are the array of cut off spots the NXT women have and how much they engage the crowd.

You couldn't pay Alan to attend a female indie show but he thought Charlotte and Sasha was the fourth best match of the weekend and he saw most of them live:

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/583802137102176256

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94871058&postcount=533

• Advertisement

ROOKIES:
    Below are some details for some the new NXT rookies who competed in the battle royal for last night’s WWE NXT house show in Orlando, Florida.

• Sunny Dhinsa: a Canadian national freestyle wrestling champion.
    • Sabby Piscitelli: a former NFL player
    • Josh Woods: an amateur wrestler from the University of Central Florida. He has also competed in MMA.
    • Noah Pang-Potjes: he was trained by WWE Hall of Famer Afa the Wild Samoan. Pang-Potjes was working with a Hawaiian gimmick.

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

So is tomorrow nights episode just the Wrestlemania Axcess highlights or a proper episode?

So is tomorrow nights episode just the Wrestlemania Axcess highlights or a proper episode?

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/585593022659895296

Change of pace for NXT this week. Really liked the story told thoughout the episode using the Fanfest clips and the tournament matches leading up to Itami's big break at Mania. Obviously the fairy-tale ending is Itami wining the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, but instead he is eliminated after a respectable showing, and is applauded by his fans and peers. If someone said this was their favourite episode of NXT I wouldn't argue with them. The mini-documentary in the last ten minutes of the show was fantastic.

More importantly:
    iQgpQ44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Are they the two that did the TNA pay per view in Texas back whenever that was? They would want to have improved a lot since then.

cian68 wrote: »
    Are they the two that did the TNA pay per view in Texas back whenever that was? They would want to have improved a lot since then.

And they have only wrestled two matches since. It is only developmental though.

Just watching this week's episode now. What happened during the Neville/Itami fight? Neville reacted but the commentators said something like "Neville soaking it up" like they were covering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watching this week's episode now. What happened during the Neville/Itami fight? Neville reacted but the commentators said something like "Neville soaking it up" like they were covering

Short fuse?

I remember he was over for a IWW crusierweight tournament in Balbriggan. A few of us used to go and where giving him a hard time/messing as he wasn't bothering and kept making mistakes.

He kept pointing at us and then came over at the end and said f ECW(I had a ECW T shirt on)

• Advertisement

He was coming over heelish but seemed strange how he basically asked Itami to wait a sec before going over

Advertisement