Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

He also said youre lucky as he got back into the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enjoyed the Itami documentary bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I loved that episode. Itami Neville was a cracking match and the mini doc at the end was really well done. Defo one of the best episodes of a wrestling show I have seen in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Refuse to accept this. Obviously rigged.

Az8Giux.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, as good as Charlotte can be there's not a hope in hell she's more popular than either Sasha or Bayley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That poll is definitely rigged.I agree with ye both!

Did anyone else listen to the Jim Ross podcast where he said that one of the top stars in WWE on Wrestlemania weekend said to him that NXT was good alright but they were all small. As in they really wont make it when they get to the main roster. Really petty and sounds like someone who is afraid of his spot being taken! Jim Ross didn't say who it was but later on in that same podcast he interviewed Superstar Billy Graham who raved about Daniel Bryan and said that wrestlers don't have to be massive anymore once they are good in the ring.

I was amazed that someone high up would still think you have to be jacked up.Obviously it helps but it should always depend on ring ability

Nikki Storm has a WWE tryout next week in the UK. One of the best unsigned female talents. Not in the Diva mold per se but she is super charismatic and has real presence:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched this weeks episode( I've not watched raw in a fourth night) and watch nxt every week for obvious reasons. The bits and matches they showed were great and the documentary at the end was superb. Nxt can't remain a Florida only thing after the San Jose show. It sounded unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched this weeks episode( I've not watched raw in a fourth night) and watch nxt every week for obvious reasons. The bits and matches they showed were great and the documentary at the end was superb. Nxt can't remain a Florida only thing after the San Jose show. It sounded unreal.

Yea agree NXT need to start touring , Its like with TNA and the impact zone (I know TNA tried and failed in touring) where the crowds are the same people and no atmosphere . Even do the small 3 or 4 thousand theatres . As said the crowd in San Jose created a great atmosphere

Dasha Kuret had her first match tonight. Science Nerd gimmick:
    rZ8LRND.jpg
    pMezrZH.jpg

Next special is May 20th.
    NXT taping Schedule going through November:

* Thursday April 23rd - NXT TV tapings
    * Wednesday, May 20th - NXT live special
    * Thursday, May 21st - NXT TV tapings
    * Thursday, June 18th - NXT TV tapings
    * Thursday, July 16th - NXT TV tapings
    * Wednesday, August 12th - NXT live special
    * Thursday, August 13th - NXT TV tapings
    * Thursday, September 10th - NXT TV tapings
    * Wednesday, October 7th - NXT live special
    * Thursday, October 8th - NXT TV tapings
    * Thursday, October 22nd - NXT TV tapings
    * Thursday, November 19th - NXT TV tapings

http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2015/04/wwe-schedule-april-2015-march-2016.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Hmm well Charlotte would be better known among non-NXT watchers partially because she is Ric Flair's daughter. So that poll could be right.

I know casual fans who have never seen Sasha Banks and really don't know anything about most of the people on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that poll is probably accurate enough. I'd say Charlotte is the one that the most recognise. However, I think Becky Lynch should be the one to come up as I'm sure do ye also.

Becky isnt anywhere near main roster ready! Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and Alexa are well ahead in terms of readiness for a call up.

She still hasnt a set character and still needs to work on a few things in the ring. Dont get me wrong I like Becky and really want her to do well but shes not there yet IMO. A feud in NXT with a main roster diva may help say somebody like Alicia or Layla because they obviously understand what you need to survive on the main roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

LeeJM wrote: »
    Becky isnt anywhere near main roster ready! Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and Alexa are well ahead in terms of readiness for a call up.

She still hasnt a set character and still needs to work on a few things in the ring. Dont get me wrong I like Becky and really want her to do well but shes not there yet IMO. A feud in NXT with a main roster diva may help say somebody like Alicia or Layla because they obviously understand what you need to survive on the main roster

Would probably agree with you on the first three but how on earth could you think Alexa is anywhere near ready for the main roster she hasn't even wrestled on a live NXT special yet.

Agree with you on Becky as she hasn't fully WWE-ised herself yet but she IS showing real progress. She will get a really chance to stand out between now and the Summer. Kind of danced around it in the past but Becky is kind of transitioning into a different more expanded role on the Live Events at least. That of a player coach. The match last night in Largo, Florida was:
    Carmella, Devin Taylor and Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke and Dasha Kuret

Becky and 5 super green girls with no prior Wrestling background pre-NXT. Reports from the show described her as "directing traffic":p .

If Becky on NXT TV flops she probably has a job bringing along young and inexperience talent on NXT Live Events and maybe even officially being a female trainer. She has the right support and says/does the right things. She turned 28 in January and traditionally WWE considers you too old to be called up/hired if you are a female. Wrestling is a business of ruling by exceptions but still the stats are against her:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95027609&postcount=99

Returning to that match last night. It is a glimpse into the future in terms of what is in the pipeline female wise. They are all conventionally attractive women from fitness modelling backgrounds they aren't newer versions of Bayley or Sasha Banks. For all the talk about the NXT women currently and #GiveDivasAChance WWE aren't showing signs of changing from what they typically have always recruited outside of moving away from Johnny Ace's swimsuit models and on to more athletic fitness models. What I am saying is that NXT Takeover 2016 could be a Lumberjills match!

Ok maybe Im pushing it with Alexa but Rovie described it best as she hasnt WWE-ised herself. I do defo think she has made a major leap forward in the last 2-3 months though.

If it doesnt work out as talent Id hope she does get a trainers role. She seems like a genuine person and she defo has major skill and I like I said previously Id really like to see her make it either as talent or a trainer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11081493_817404421642457_6233436298019464152_n.png?oh=a42a85735e7985a7b1128486fbb89b16&oe=55A73FB4&__gda__=1437693570_a6818dbdf18b4b6507443e198d36e782

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd love to see Lesnar in that shirt.

WWE offered the Briscoes less than what they were making in ROH according to Meltzer on the LAW. So they aren't leaving ROH.

Not one to argue the combination of Observer and PWInsider saying the same thing but given who the Briscoes are and mean I wouldn't discount the idea the Briscoes & ROH are kayfabing to keep the next Pay Per View more viable.

Apparently WWE are really keen on Athena. They contacted her within minutes after she either created or updated her WWE Recruit page. Kind of a lesson for indie Wrestlers to be proactive especially when WWE is coming to your area. Wrestlers can be lazy and expect WWE to just call them. Athena had a tryout and was a Rosebud at last week's tapings in Texas - her home state. She is wearing the red wig.

CCVU5KOVEAEC28_.jpg

Athena is the wrestler I always hoped that Naomi would be. Naomi is harmless and likable but I know a lot of Athena's friends who actively resent Naomi is on TV and she isn't as Athena is better in every way.

Matt Riddle apparently is going to have tryout in Orlando:
    http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0412/592358/exclusive-former-ufc-fighter-getting-a-wwe-tryout/

Matt is a MMA fighter who fought in the UFC. Was famous for once throwing something like 20 punches in a row that hit nothing but air, and trying some crazy flying **** and getting punched out of the air. Then he got busted twice for weed and was released. Skillwise he probably didn't have a very high ceiling, but most of his fights were entertaining. Kinda looks like Daniel Bryan if he was younger and had no beard.

cLfiKgg.jpg

https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/587604914555265025

Thought Jesse was as an obvious as the nose on your face WWE signee. Always was surprised Johnny Ace didn't sign Jesse. Fulfilled his high standards looks wise. The third Bella twin:

Whos the guy in the mask? Has he worked anywhere of note?

Whos the guy in the mask? Has he worked anywhere of note?

This isn't a go a you, Lee and loads of people are asking this online and I am going spare. :p Can people not put two and two together and realise the guy with the Mexican name is the guy in the mask. :o

Oscar Vasquez and I don't really know.

rovert wrote: »
    This isn't a go a you, Lee and loads of people are asking this online and I am going spare. :p Can people not put two and two together and realise the guy with the Mexican name is the guy in the mask. :o

Oscar Vasquez and I don't really know.

No offence taken Rovie, I know his name is Oscar Vasquez from the article :pac: Just thought you might have had a bit of insight on him or his previous ring name

No offence taken Rovie, I know his name is Oscar Vasquez from the article :pac: Just thought you might have had a bit of insight on him or his previous ring name

This jogs my memory:
    https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/587622894626275328

Not a Lucha guy at all but what I saw of him he sucks hugely. Maybe he has gotten better. But was "how did you make Television" bad here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Uhaa Nation in there. Forgot they signed him actually

Advertisement