Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

See Rovie I knew if I pressed you you would come up with the goods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Really hope they sign Athena. She is everything. But she won't be able to use the "O Face" now though since John Cena is using a crappier version of it.

She may possibly be a bit stiff for the other "Divas" so I imagine that will be ironed out. Hope she doesn't lose her aggressive style. Assuming she gets signed that is

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Uhaa and Tischer are the only 2 I know and I really like both.

Tischer will have the Germans/WxW fans behind him in a big way, hope he deos great, lovely guy in person.

Uhaa will without a doubt smash it, he's been the most "why isn't he signed to WWE" guy for me of the past 2 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

20150410_Light_RookieClass_HP.jpg
    Left to right - Nhooph Al-Areebi, Cassie McIntosh, Jessica McKay, Oscar Vasquez, Kenneth Crawford, Radomir Petkovic, Levis Valenzuela Jr., Thomas Kingdon, Sesugh Uhaa, Peter Howard, Axel Tischer

PWInsider
    Longtime CMLL star Sarah Stock aka Sarita in TNA is at the WWE Performance Center this week working as a guest trainer.

Former WWE star and longtime British wrestling veteran Dave Taylor is also in for the week, training talents in Orlando, FL.

Sarita rules but her being a trainer is a bit left field.

• Advertisement

KC Cassidy/Cassie McIntosh's home promotion made this genuinely cool tribute video:
    https://twitter.com/mcitywrestling/status/587733894595751936

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To be honest I only know McKay and Uhaa but good luck to all of them. I must say that Petkovic guy looks like a beast, and I note he has some amateur wrestling experience so that's a promising combination.

We were all thinking it. Nice one Bex

• Advertisement

Wale the rapper is the reason why Uhaa was able to get noticed by the WWE:
    How did you first come to WWE's attention?

UHAA: I was in England at the time. A rapper by the name of Wale followed me on Twitter. He sent me a direct message and he said, "I just got hip to your stuff and man, you're amazing. How do we get you in WWE?" I hadn't been in contact with anyone. I did extra work [for WWE] back in 2011 before I started traveling [to different countries to wrestle]. And I said, "I'm not in contact with anyone. I don't even know if they have an idea of who I am at the moment." [Wale] got in touch with Mark Henry, who then got us in.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/14/8405213/wwe-performance-center-new-signings-interview-nxt

Uhaa has been recommended numerous times from Rob Naylor to Bob Holly. Mark Henry being close to Senior Director of Talent Development Canyon Cemen. There's so many gakekeepers and politics involved before someone gets kicked up the food chain.

Ricky says Richie won't be Wrestling. Had surgery on 4 discs in his back (2:20)

In other news your youngest sister signed with NXT and she's pretty happy about it:
    https://twitter.com/IsntSHELOVELY_4/status/588058863007617024

That's Jasmin or should I say Nhooph now.

Briscoes re-signed with ROH for two more years
    xl093nV.jpg
    Ring of Honor announced today that ROH champion Jay Briscoe and his brother Mark have each signed new two-year deals with the company. While the signings were announced this afternoon, I believe they were actually signed about a month ago. I heard rumblings among ROH talents the second week of March that The Briscoes had agreed to new deals but could not confirm it.

WWE sources indicate that the company made a "top flight NXT level offer" in their attempt to sign the brothers but a number of factors led the pair to instead sign new deals with Ring of Honor.

For one, the Briscoes have each had a big part in growing ROH and have been there since the first show and there was an extreme sense of loyalty to the company. Secondly, each of The Briscoes have a big family (Jay has three children while Mark has three children and a fourth on the way) and uprooting all of them from their family in Delaware and moving them down to Florida was not going to be an easy transition for any involved, especially given what a strong family bond the Briscoe family has. The way the family is portrayed on TV (in terms of being such a strong family unit) is 100% legitimate to who they are as a family. Third, the brothers have outside business prospects in Delaware, including their family's farm and like ROH, they did not want to walk away and abandon something they have worked on their entire lives to build for an NXT deal. Fourth, obviously ROH made the brothers an offer that was to their liking.

My gut feeling is that if WWE had offered The Briscoes something that would have sent them right onto TV on the main roster for main roster money, we'd have seen The Briscoes leave, but them to walk away from ROH and their entire family's lifestyle for the promise of just NXT, it wasn't going to happen....and who knows, it might happen one day, but it won't be at least for several years, but it also might never happen.

Online rumors that Jay Briscoe was offered the ROH booking position in an attempt to get The Briscoes to stay is great science fiction, but nothing of that sort was ever discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So we have Sami Zayn vs. Rhyno tonight I see. It will be good to see Zayn back in action again.

Dana Brooke debuting too so that should keep Rovert happy

Dana Brooke debuting too so that should keep Rovert happy

Am interested in it as I am interested in what the reaction online will be. Will prove/demonstrate a lot of the talking points myself and others have. Interested in the feedback too. Next week's women's match is what I am interested in purely as a fan.

NXT has a new TV taping next Thursday. First since February 18th. So much has happened in the interim. The Ohio, San Jose NXT shows AND the firing of Bill Demott. Yep it has been that long. Will be interesting to see if anyone's stock has gone up or down - heard Baron Corbin has kind fallen out of favour he was a big Demott guy. Also it is the last TV taping before the next NXT Special so it is guarantee to be eventful and pacey. Everything the current ones from Full Sail haven't been.

rovert wrote: »
    Am interested in it as I am interested in what the reaction online will be. Will prove/demonstrate a lot of the talking points myself and others have. Interested in the feedback too. Next week's women's match is what I am interested in purely as a fan.

That's the 3way No.1 contenders match right? Looking forward to that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Don't think the Briscoe's would work with a lot of WWE territories and could see them quickly being made into a comedy act , Despite there obvious talent , Is there any update on Samoa Joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Has the Becky Charlotte Bayley match already been taped ?

Has the Becky Charlotte Bayley match already been taped ?

It was. They have one last episode "in the can."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Done it but chances of it happening have to be minute at best but lets try anyway #NXTDublin

Out of interest how many tweets would it take to get #NXTDublin trending?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wouldn't rule it out tbh

http://dublinohiousa.gov/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I Noticed becky RT'd one of them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Nxt will end up in Dublin,Ohio...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would have thought #NXTIreland would have been safer in that regard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tugboats wrote: »
    Nxt will end up in Dublin,Ohio...

Ahem..two posts up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Pentecost wrote: »
    Ahem..two posts up :)

Haha good lad never realized..

William Regal, at a talk event in the U.K., said plans were already in the works for NXT doing international tours, running shows in smaller arenas. He said the business plan was in place and it would start within 18 months.

They are coming after OTT and the Wards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Let's have them in that GAA club in Dublin where Chris Masters was wrestling on Easter before.

Advertisement