Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

How big is liberty hall?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just watching NXT now and thought your one Dana Brooke was pretty woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

didn't help that she was in there with Blue Pants who isn't really a ring general herself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah I think it might take a while, but I reckon she has good enough potential for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Rawley? Ugh.

I don't get bored. I stay bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I thought she did ok for someone who is new to this. She used more moves than some of the girls on the main roster use and she has a great finisher. She's what a developmental show should be all about; watching people start green and get better over time. A couple more years at the performance center and NXT and anyone who is as athletic as her can become good in the ring if they work hard enough.

I hope she does just to spite the people in the crowd chanting "You can't wrestle" two minutes into someone's first television match on a developmental show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Personally if she's that green I dont think she should have been put on NXT tv. Yes its developmental but you still expect her to be a little more polished than she was especially with the hype they built around her debut.

Eva Marie and Cameron could probably do with some exposure to NXT to help their ring work.

To be honest, I've seen much worse performances by women on Raw and big PPVs.

• Advertisement

Yea i no BLue Pants was not a great opponent but as said i think she is a bit green for live tv shows. How long has she been in developmental

Don't watch NXT that much but is "How you doin?" the new "what?"?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not really at that status yet, it's just the catchphrase of Enzo and Big Cass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When you have girls putting on matches better than most of the men Dana Brooke was up against it to impress.

Right from her entrance she looked really annoying, hit her finisher pretty good. She must have felt a lot of nerves so i would need to see more. Lots of people have failed to impress in their first match.

Firstly the non-Dana stuff:

Zayn-Rhyno was good with a fun finish but you could tell Rhyno was pacing himself so he wouldn't blow up. Surprised the editors didn't edit out the shot between Rhyno's legs where his testicles hanging out OR that a picture of that didn't go viral.

I really don't see anything in Baron Corbin or Solomon Crowe. Like I said in the past Crowe just seems like an amalgamation of bad ideas. Don't buy him as a hacker. I don't think he could pass the ECDL. Crowe's hair really highlights his growing bald spot too. Shame CJ Parker left as he is more colourful than Corbin and Crowe.

NXT's upper midcard if you can call if that looks really dull - Corbin, Crowe, Dempsey, Rawley. They need to address this. An inspiried Creative rehaul and/or have them mix it up with the Balors, Itamis, Zayns, Owenss etc.

I get such a kick out of Alex Riley as he seems here and on Twitter as genuinely unstable:

So auld Dana

medGL60.gif

As someone said yesterday: "I've seen more written about Dana Brooks in the past two days than Daniel Bryan's possible retirement from wrestling."

To me Dana Brooke is a symbol that represents the larger discussion between "Divas" vs. "Female wrestlers", between NXT as developmental vs. NXT as a brand, between this thread vs me beating my dead horses about NXT. :P It is worth noting that this match was taped two months ago and there's varying accounts that she has improved a lot since. The match was her second singles match EVER and her fourteenth match overall. Pretty much every NXT women's debut has sucked but poor Dana got crucified online - thankfully not here. Where blamed few pointed the finger at her opponent and virtually none pointed their finger at her training, Sara Del Rey or NXT as a training school when they really should given Dana is just a trainee. Worth noting the in house trainees Dana, Carmella and Alex Bliss have all been pretty questionable in the ring.

I really don't know what was intended to happen and what was just nerves and inexperience - the amount of posing. Dana as this caricature "Total Diva" has a huge amount of potential heel heat wise with the smark Full Sail crowd. It also opens her up for an immediate feud with 'ugly duckling' Bayley. It will be interesting if Dana gets pushed over Bayley as she will be yet another woman that is and Bayley is past the two year mark on NXT TV. I'd bet substantial money that Jessie McKay will lap Bayley too.

In terms of the match itself Dana has good heel presence but her punches really suck. If 90% of your offense is going to be strikes, your strikes better look crisp. I know she is a gymnast but her character should use more power moves and brawling. Between the editing and turning down the crowd the match wasn't this horrendous trainwreck that people there were tweeting about on the night. She has potential and I hope she improves and tweaks the gimmick. I hope she keeps this move too:

CrazyUnacceptableArkshell.gif

On the Blue Pants front she is a really bad jobber in my opinion. Too over with the Full Sail crowd to the point of being a distraction and as the Dana Brooke match displayed can't really sell or carry rookies. I really wonder what is next for her. It is clear WWE isn't signing her. Becky is the last person who hasn't faced and Carmella probably should get her win back. If they want to keep on with Blue Pants they would do Enzo, Cass & Blue Pants vs Blake, Murphy & Carmella presuming Carmella turns at the next NXT Special:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Alex Riley still comes off to me as the lad from your class who though being moody and talking about the darkness inside was the coolest thing ever. Feel embarrassed for him whenever he talks in a promo or on Twitter.

"You thought I would just go away?"
    YES

I liked the ponytail look for Crowe back when he made a few NXT live show appearances. Looks like a hedgehog that got stuck in a tanning bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »

I really don't see anything in Baron Corbin or Solomon Crowe. Like I said in the past Crowe just seems like an amalgamation of bad ideas. Don't buy him as a hacker. I don't think he could pass the ECDL. Crowe's hair really highlights his growing bald spot too. Shame CJ Parker left as he is more colourful than Corbin and Crowe.

That's one of the best thing I've ever read in my life.

Also, Dana Brooke's entrance made me hit puberty again.

Alex Riley still comes off to me as the lad from your class who though being moody and talking about the darkness inside was the coolest thing ever. Feel embarrassed for him whenever he talks in a promo or on Twitter.

"You thought I would just go away?"
    YES

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/588500587873964033
    I liked the ponytail look for Crowe back when he made a few NXT live show appearances. Looks like a hedgehog that got stuck in a tanning bed now.

I covered it on here at the time but there was SO much to-ing and fro-ing on Crowe and his character before his debut. He was literally told the completely lean out and lose the barrel chest then very soon after that was told to go back to the body he had before & his now.

Anyways he/NXT spent months and months pondering his look and the result was a garbage. Also his character has no stated aim either. Kevin Owens wants to feed his family. What does Crowe want?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What does Crowe want?
    Apparently to hack the screen on the entrance ramp but rely on his friend in production to play his theme if he wins.

Nitpicking, I know, but it makes no sense atm.

Hack the lights to give yourself an advantage mid match.
    Hack the entrance ramp to make your opponent think their enemy is coming out.
    Hell, just hack some random promo to deliver your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Make Crowe more Anonymous-like. Stick him in a suit, give him his own face as a mask, find a few guys of similar build who come out to the ring at the same time as him and you can't quite tell which one Crowe is until he steps out away them. (Although as soon as I typed that I pictured this :p)

During matches he could pull the mask on, do a switcheroo with people under the ring, have them do moves that he totally couldn't do then switch back for the win. Or a distraction. They could be random guys in tag matches too.

I'd say use Nexus's old theme as well but I like Crowe's.

• Advertisement

I didn't find him AS annoying on NXT this past week, so I'm sure I'll just get used to his antics over the next while. Seeing as how they used to be partners, at this stage I don't see any harm in him being paired with Dean Ambrose. I mean, there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan for him long-term on the main roster. Wouldn't it be great if he went down to NXT for a while and they put the band back together? Fantasy booking here, I know.

In terms of indie lads signing to NXT.

Adam Cole signed for another 2 years late last year. PWInsider said that:
    Adam Cole is reportedly locked into a long-term with ROH, and rumors that his contract is ending soon are not true.

Despite speculation that things were off as he added bookings to his schedule last week Samoa Joe IS meeting with WWE this week

AZ01TbW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Joey Samoey come home!

Is there any chance that he'll make it to the main roster in a short space of time, if at all like?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just feels 5 or 6 years too late in my opinion. Is he motivated? He's really a case of what could have, and should have been in TNA.

I'm sure he'll be as motivated as the money they pay him is.

Joe is a good shape and most of his indie matches have been impressive.

Joe is a good shape and most of his indie matches have been impressive.

Has he dropped weight since leaving TNA?

Has he dropped weight since leaving TNA?

He has but nothing dramatic - he still has genetics working against him. But he does have more cardio and is quicker getting up off his knees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

He has but nothing dramatic - he still has genetics working against him. But he does have more cardio and is quicker getting up off his knees.
    And did you also get him to turn his head and cough during his last check-up, Dr. rovert?

Advertisement