Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

And did you also get him to turn his head and cough during his last check-up, Dr. rovert?

He's Samoan and he has knee issues since at least 2006.

Willie Mack discloses want happened with WWE (2.55). It was his medical. WWE had issues with one of his knees and his blood pressure:

Poor dude. The video opening is amusing tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »

well that first comment does not bode well for him and the WWE

Matt "The Retard Who Can't Pass A Drug Test" Riddle

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/590908342706528257
    The Superstars and Divas of NXT are ready to hit the road once again! The next generation of WWE is leaving their Florida stomping grounds to head north, returning to Ohio and making their debut in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pa., and Albany, N.Y.

The tour begins on Thursday, May 14, when NXT takes over Philadelphia’s Tower Theatre, and continues on Saturday, May 16, in Albany at the Washington Avenue Armory.

NXT will make its debut in the Steel City of Pittsburgh on Thursday, June 11, at Stage AE, before returning to the Buckeye State on Friday, June 12, at Cleveland’s Agora Theatre and Saturday, June 13, at the LC Pavilion in Columbus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Doesn't get more 'indie stronghold' than that!

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Doesn't get more 'indie stronghold' than that!

Yeah Cleveland and AIW :P

CCrdTFuXIAAHneb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rovert wrote: »
    well that first comment does not bode well for him and the WWE

I really hope he makes it as he is a massive fan of wrestling. I remember seeing an interview where he said he gave up all drugs as he was serious and knows WWE would not be interested otherwise.He wanted to be a wrestler before he was in the UFC but just did it as the opportunity came along.

His conditioning will be excellent so its just if he can add in everything else.

I hope he does well so we will wait and see

The final episode of the current set of tapings so it is a relatively big episode:

CDNwLJHW8AEJZMY.png

Other unadvertised episodes
    * Finn Balor vs. Tye Dillinger
    * CJ Parker vs. Hideo Itami
    * Rhyno vs. Jesus de Leon

Guess this is no longer a spoiler:
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/590998692993355776

• Advertisement

Fairly meh episode like last week. Crowd and how they produce the audio kind of killed it.

Best quote:
    “I got an issue with Becky [Lynch]. I was on a flight to Portland and I was checking my Twitter and Becky Lynch called me a hipster. I almost spilled my craft beer.” - Corey Graves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I enjoyed tonight's episode a lot. I thought that the triple threat match was pretty good. I enjoyed the ground moves that were being done throughout, and of course the outcome was great. It was good to see Kevin Owens and Finn Balor remain dominant in their matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dylan Miles, a new rookie into NXT, is fairly high in officials estimations.

Rovert's report of his debut at Axxess has been picked up by Wrestle zone here:
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/573471-latest-on-samoa-joe-wwe-signing

I am a reporter now.

In fairness I was right about Samoa Joe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Sami Zayn's theme song always reminds me of the closing credits of a Street Fighter video game from early 90s.

Poor Dillinger. I think he's great but the DillinJobber chants are very funny. He just won't get over will he?

Delighted for Becky but I hate the way it was made out to be a fluke win and that she hasn't got a hope of beating Sasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It's too early for her to be the main threat, that time will come, it was the same for Sasha v Charlotte. I think it's fair enough as a long build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I still remember when Dillinger was Gavin Spears on ECW. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So am I the only one thinking Beckys pinfall wasnt valid as Charlotte had applied the Figure Four/Eight first and still was maintaining the hold on Bayley so she was the aggressor in the situation and Beckys pin shouldnt have been legal until the submission was broken.

Fwiw I dont care as Im delighted Bex is being featured and given an opportunity to shine. Just making a technical enquiry.

Other than that it was a decent episode. Balor v Breeze should be an enjoyable match up and a chance for Finn to show some more personality.

Riley needs to step back from Owens now maybe into a programme with Dempsey or Corbin. Id like to see Itami v Rhyno. I think that would be a great little 10-15 minute match either on tv or at the next special. Owens v Zayn for the title in a gimmick match at the next special is where Im guessing they are headed. Always great when they are in the ring together.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Riley's new gimmick, getting saved by number 1 contenders when Owens is about to kill him :pac:

So bemused by Dana. Her promo at least established her character. Her Cleveland accent and grammar Vince McMahon would probably tear her to shreds for makes her iconic.

Always thought Finn and Balor could be brothers as they look so similar.

Owen's knee was clearly giving him grief. What annoyed me was that this match was so similar to their last one. Loved Zayn's return and that they both are rewarding long time fans who pay attention.

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/591081409852416000

https://twitter.com/BohsJohnny/status/591084075194183680

So happy for Becky. A singles NXT Special match (with a decent amount of time) was pretty much all I wanted when Becky first debutted. The finish for the triple threat was what was initially proposed for NXT: Rival. Why I was repping her to win before that show.

The NXT tapings are tonight. The May 20th NXT Special seems to be:

Owens/Zayn rematch
    Banks/Lynch
    Blake & Murphy/Enzo & Cass
    Bálor/Breeze

Will be interesting if plans changed over the last 2 months since the last Full Sail tapings. Itami needs something to do. They seemed to have cooled off calling up Charlotte since February. I think they might do Charlotte/Bayley vs Sasha/Becky at the tapings with the heels not getting along as the Sasha/Becky match is heel vs heel. People on Twitter are talking like Uhaa Nation is Wrestling tonight too which should be interesting.

As I said before they really need to make people care about the midcard scene - Dempsey, Corbin, Crowe etc too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dana Brooke is hugely unimpressive, and it looks like Jillian Hall's mole is growing out of her belly button

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Dana Brooke is hugely unimpressive, and it looks like Jillian Hall's mole is growing out of her belly button

Someone mentioned that she talks like Fran Drescher too. :P

She'll do well based on her look I'd expect. She has the muscles and the Barbie look they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That Becky/Sasha locker room bit was funny they've great chemistry, "discoostin" and "Bosco" made me laugh.

Yeah I got a good laugh out of the Bosco line as well. Sasha mimicking her accent was great.

NXT Spoilers for the next 3 weeks.
    Here are spoilers from NXT at Full Sail.

Dark Match: Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder def. Elias Samson and Tucker Knight.

Episode 1:
    - Kevin Owens comes out for a promo but is interrupted by William Regal. Regal announces that on May 20th Owens will defend the title against Sami Zayn. Sami comes out announces says Owens always has announced non asterisk and lives in Sami's shadow.
    - Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def. Blake and Murphy in a non title match.
    - Dana Brooke def. Bayley after Emma comes out to distract Bayley.
    - Hideo Itami def. Adam Rose
    - Becky Lynch def. Sarah Dobson
    - Sami Zayn def. Alex Riley by DQ after Kevin Owens attacks Sami. Owens then power bombs Riley on the ring apron.

Episode 2:
    - Charlotte def. Emma. Bayley lays Emma out afterwards until Charlotte pulls her off.
    - Rhyno def. Bull Dempsey. Rhyno calls out Baron Corbin for a match at Takeover.
    - Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder are supposed to face Enzo and Cass, but a video is played of Blake and Murphy laying out Enzo and Cass.
    - Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch have a contract signing that ends in a brawl.
    - Hideo Itami def. Tyler Breeze. Finn Balor is at ringside. During the match, Hideo goes for a kick on Breeze and hits Finn instead. Post match, Breeze lays out Finn and Hideo.

Episode 3:
    - Bayley def. Jessie McKay
    - Baron Corbin def. Solomon Crowe. Rhyno comes out post match and the two brawl.
    - Sasha Banks def. KC Cassidy (?)
    - Alexa Bliss def. Carmella after Blake and Murphy distract her. After the match, Blake and Murphy attempt to woo Carmella, but she tells them off and calls them SAWFT.
    - Sami comes out for a promo asking Owens why. Owens says he knows Sami is hurt, where he's hurt, and that when Owens is done, Sami won't come back.
    - Tyler Breeze and Adam Rose def. Finn Balor and Hideo Itami. Breeze lays out all three after the match.

Notes:

- NXT Takeover will be on May 20th. The next tapings will be May 21st.

Matches for the next NXT Special:
    - Officially announced for Takeover:
    - Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn for the NXT title.

- Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch for the NXT Women's Title

- Blake and Murphy vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady for the NXT Tag Team Titles.

- Rhyno vs. Baron Corbin

Not announced, but teased:

Finn Balor vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami

Bayley vs. Emma or Bayley & Charlotte vs. Emma & Dana Brooke

Mason's (always) positive blog
    http://masonsringsideview.blogspot.ie/2015/04/full-sail-tv-tapings-4-23-14.html

Yisser selfie:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/591439984877535232

Samoa Joe was backstage:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/591459491243171840

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I don't mind Dana Brooke but I'm tempted to say that playtime is more over than she'll ever be

My thoughts on new tapings:
    The women heavy direction is a surprise to me. Although both are ready Jessie especially just surprised they jump the gun 2 weeks after signing and without going through the ring name/ legal mumbo jumbo and the live events circuit. NXT debuting more than 2 NXT women in a year is nearly something to write home about let alone on the same episode. The NXT women's roster is SO deep now.

Sarah Dobson was Crazy Mary Dobson from the indies who has finally made it to a WWE ring after a long career of being a Rosebud, Miz's makeup artist and Kane's boss at the hotdog stand. Blue Pants had real life job commitments so Dobson was probably replacing her for the night. But Dobson may have signed. She's far from being a local living out in the Midwest. Unlike with Leva Bates and Mia Yim they announced her name to the live crowd too. Additionally they like to pair up Women when they sign and Jessie McKay doesn't have a room mate apparently. Also Mary's partner deathmatch worker MAD MAN PONDO was in the crowd. So something maybe up. She's 20, is a looker and has an aptitude for Pro Wrestling. Highly signable IMO.

Becky Lynch got babyface reactions. While Baron Corbin got heel reactions.

A lot of people on Twitter and at the tapings were picking up on how WWE-ised the tapings seemed with DQs, distraction finishes and contract signings. There's counter arguments that NXT has been like this before NXT Specials in the past.

A lot of Full Sail fans didn't like this shows as there was no mega match main events and with the heels winning the tapings main event they didn't send people home happy. There's continuing frustration with how smarky and exclusionary the crowd are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

A question I've been wondering a lot lately is "Are there too many wrestlers in NXT?"

I know it seems like a stupid question but hear me out. It seems like barely a month goes past without them announcing new signings and this last batch had 11 signings and with Joe set to sign soon too it seems to me that they have more talent than they can use. How many wrestlers on NXT TV right now? 25-30 ish? With at nearly the same as that still training in the Performance Centre. And how many of those get called up to the main roster? About 5 a year on average. So, you have to wonder when you see all these big name signees, who has been sitting in developmental for 2 years that's going to the back of the line to let these new guys shine. Marcus Louie, Angelo Dawkins, Jason Jordan, Tye Dillinger, Sawyer Fulton......the list goes on. It's not like these guys aren't ready. They are there every day training. We have seen their matches so we know they can go. I know that if I was someone like Tye Dillinger and I saw Kevin Owens, Hideo Itami and Finn Balor coming in and getting pushed to the moon ahead of me is be pissed.

I'm not sure what they can do to make better use of their talent so my whole post is just pointless but just thought I'd give an opinion. Maybe NXT should be a longer show?

Also can we please not have Rhyno squashing guys every episode. This guy was irrelevant 10 years ago. This is supposed to be a show to find the superstars of tomorrow, not the mid carder of 2002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also can we please not have Rhyno squashing guys every episode. This guy was irrelevant 10 years ago. This is supposed to be a show to find the superstars of tomorrow, not the mid carder of 2002

In relation to Rhyno, he was relevant in 10 years ago. Hes helping to elevate talent and im sure show some of them how to work on TV. A guy like Corbin, whos still very bland and green for TV IMO, can learn a lot from working with him.

Advertisement