Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,703 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer for the above show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer seems to think that we will have NXT showcase matches the Raw before the NXT Special.

I don't think they will "soft launch" Balor but Becky could be something that could happen IMO.

E:60 Behind the Curtain: Tyler Breeze Extra
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12819011

Really cool feature.

Obviously the main documentary airing tonight in the US will humanise person but apparently Adam Rose will be the biggest gainer public perception wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised they didn't have Adam Rose on Raw if he's going to be on the E60.

As for the showcase matches, hope it's more like the 4 person match they had before rather than when they had Charlotte lose her match.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    Crowe's gimmick is a CAW set to Random.
    Yes, now that you say it. Do you have any idea what they think of him, Triple H etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think Crowe's gimmick is awful. So is the look - he looks like a midget in that leotard.

The hacker gimmick might have been cool in 99, not today. He needs a repackage soon

Yes, now that you say it. Do you have any idea what they think of him, Triple H etc.?

They are pleased with him. He has followed what they direction him to do in terms of fitness goals, submitting ideas for his character. His live event matches are supposedly very good. I guess they are waiting on something to "stick to the wall" with him. He has a lot of friends from the indies in NXT and a lot of powerful friends on the main roster (Ambrose, Rollins) so I don't expect him to be released anytime soon.

In terms of his look Jaysus this is the other side of his head from the picture above:
    CECg5DhWoAAVcdC.jpg

Don't think the ESPN NXT is available in Ireland legally or illegally yet.

But the thing about Adam Rose was:
    His son was born with some organs outside of his body. He needs to be fed by a tube directly to his stomach. He was 3 when they filmed this which was already longer than he was expected to live.

:(

https://twitter.com/WWEAdamRose/status/595815059609284608

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

https://vid.me/xkLO

E60 piece on NXT

YAAASSS

CEXOxfsWgAAKDMz.jpg

Uhaa Nation

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great promo by becky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Watching the Becky Lynch NXT recap thing, that time when she was doing the jigs was just so cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They are pleased with him. He has followed what they direction him to do in terms of fitness goals, submitting ideas for his character. His live event matches are supposedly very good. I guess they are waiting on something to "stick to the wall" with him. He has a lot of friends from the indies in NXT and a lot of powerful friends on the main roster (Ambrose, Rollins) so I don't expect him to be released anytime soon.

In terms of his look Jaysus this is the other side of his head from the picture above:
    I would have expected to have seen him on the show a bit more. I'm sure he'll improve.

Uhaa meets a PWG fan

Becky <3 gets a Breakdown segment:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I like Becky's use of the Conor McGregor-ism "not here to take part...."

Brilliant promo!

Still no official word on Zayn's injury. As we know with Daniel Bryan that is probably a bad thing. There's rumours that he may be out for 3-4 months. This morning Dave Meltzer said Itami has some sort of injury too.

Who knows we could be seeing Breeze vs Balor vs Owens or Balor vs Owens at Unstoppable.

Was it a full shoulder separation?

Sore job if so. Tough guy to stick out the whole match and perform like he did.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Was it a full shoulder separation?

Sore job if so. Tough guy to stick out the whole match and perform like he did.

An injury to his rotator cuff. If it is a tear it could be bad news.

Seems to be trend/issue with indie guys. Becky had it right spend 18 months or so building up a buzz, retire for 7 years preserving your body and then sign with WWE. Feck destroying yourself on the indies and in Japan for years! Nah seriously this is depressing.

Seems to be trend/issue with indie guys. Becky had it right spend 18 months or so building up a buzz, retire for 7 years preserving your body and then sign with WWE. Feck destroying yourself on the indies and in Japan for years! Nah seriously this is depressing.

It really is. I think Sami has the potential to be absolutely huge for years to come. He doesn't need this kind of set back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ah jaysus lads :(

Good show this week though. Lot of very good promos and character development.

Heel Emma is good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

4 muscles make up the rotator cuff, there's a huge range of permutations really so hopefully it's not too bad.

From the way he was holding it, I'd guess infraspinatus tear but I suppose it's moot until he gets an MRI.

NXT reminds me of signing for Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really thought Zayn was just selling the injury kayfabe style, and having the 'injury' going into the match with Owens to make him look tough in defeat. Guess Im wrong.

Regarding Itami, Melter couldnt be more vague could he?

The date of the next NXT tryout leaked.

YulV6O7.jpg

One person who seems to have tryout is Cedric Rougeau - The Mountie's son!:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

One person who seems to have tryout is Cedric Rougeau - The Mountie's son!

That is one big dude! I'm guessing he is a dead cert to be signed given that he is a 4th generation wrestler with "the look".

WWE NXT star Hideo Itami is out of action with a bad shoulder injury, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
    While Itami is slated to be in a three-way bout against Tyler Breeze and Finn Balor at the 5/20 NXT Takeover event, according to sources we've spoken to, Itami is instead expected to be out of action for 6-8 months.

Sami Zayn is also out with an injury to his rotator cuff while Alex Riley is slated to undergo knee surgery today.

They let Demott go and everyone gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Aw man, that's terrible for Hideo. Sad to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

6-8 months? Jesus, the poor guy must be devastated.

Advertisement