Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Australia’s Jessica McKay ready to make waves in NXT | WWE.com http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/jessica-mckay-interview-27359046

9YbS5Pc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Thats **** news for Hideo :( Get a Heymanesque promo from Regal to open Takeover explaining who is injured and that the card has been changed. Get Uhaa to debut too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Owens talks so well.

I really like how his Cole piece ended and it was followed up with Bull, Bull, Bull.

Great to see Becky get made to look important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you can, go out of your way to see the ESPN show E60: WWE Behind The Curtain. A really really awesome show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think anyone came out of that looking bad, did they? I watched it last night, very good.

• Advertisement

Lina Fanene debuted tonight. Rock's legit cousin. She's very similar to Tamina Snuka. She's older than the usual hiring age at 32/33:

j2NkBK7.jpg

What sort of a style is she wrestling, do you know? I hope they don't just clone Tamina here.

What sort of a style is she wrestling, do you know? I hope they don't just clone Tamina here.

Same as Tamina BUT in Jessica Havok's ring gear:
    CEch5CSUIAANSmN.jpg

She looks like she could be The Ascension's valet with that getup. Hopefully it changes a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

She looks very big, is she bigger than Tamina?

• Advertisement

Jon Stark wrote: »
    She looks very big, is she bigger than Tamina?

Yeah shes to be seen photos of them side by side but you don't know who is and isn't wearing heels. But Lina seems a lot taller and wider.

Going freelance doesn't seem to be working out for old CJ Parker:
    https://twitter.com/WWEMoonChild/status/595356175102705665

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Oh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I like Riley and hope he recovers well but wearing Kevin Owens shirt?! Come on man.....Kayfabe!

https://twitter.com/AlexRileyWWE/status/596472205313122305

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I like Riley and hope he recovers well but wearing Kevin Owens shirt?! Come on man.....Kayfabe!

https://twitter.com/AlexRileyWWE/status/596472205313122305

it's more ironic than kayfabe id say

At the NXT Largo show Uhaa Nation introduced as Uhaa Nation made his debut being interviewed in ring by Greg Hamilton.

0XoCLuU.jpg

Also Jessie McKay and KC Cassidy made their in ring debut as Jessie and Cassie - "a best friend heel tag team that claim that since they're from Australia, they're better than everyone."
    DSC01058.jpg

Got further confirmation that Sarah Stock is being hired as a full time trainer. She also is working in Florida next week in a guest trainer capacity.

Dani Jackson might be rehired after being let go a year ago due to budget cuts.

No Itami, No Sami, Neville called up.

Will they Blake and Murphy one of the NXT guys and give them a surprise/quick boost or bring back someone from the main roster?

Could be good to see one of the big guys like Harper or Swagger take on Owens for something different.

Or should they be using an NXT guy like Dillinger or Cassady who need to get moving for age or length of time in developmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Dillinger was in the main event v Owens at a live event last night. Plenty of the NXT roster were hyping him up on Twitter including Owens so maybe they're going to push him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Dillinger the jobber?

Unless there's another one I'm unaware of. As good as anyone I've been in the ring with, Owens tweeted!

• Advertisement

Forgot to post about this week's show.

Enjoyed the show overall and it was pretty effective.

Emma looked SO good in this match. Charlotte on the other hand needs a lot of work. I know it is how WWE does it with babyfaces but selling the knee/leg work early on only to completely no sell on her comeback. Her chops still suck. Also hit the worst Spear I've seen to "Better than Reigns" chant - nice one Full Sail. Speaking at that crowd they are still doing the Arggh chant at people holding their leg. Give it over. Charlotte should have lost the match but because she's Charlotte she didn't. She hasn't been been focused on for over a month now and Emma would benefit more from the win.

Saw this today Charlotte is no longer on these lists so my hate campaign has won hearts and minds which is good:
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/597053817419595776

So for all the reasons above I lol'd hard at Charlotte being booked in a feud with Dana Brooke. I wonder if the matches are bad will people further assess Charlotte's in ring rep or will all the blame go to Dana. Dana's promos are such a guilty pleasure as they ride the line between horrible and a deliberate/planned choice to be horrible. Using "whack" as an insult in 2015 could be totally heelish move but her pronouncing excellent as "egcellent" indicate she's not with it.

Uhaa's vignette was a special little bonus as well. Not naming him (as apparently they haven't come up with a name yet) was both odd and baffled people. Wasn't really a fan of that aspect. As he is not as well known as Devitt or Kenta. But so excited for him:

918155f70d2b02de7924e2ac02ea481a4605f298_hq.gif

The stuff with Sasha and Becky was really well done. How talented Sasha is shown by how little she talked during the contract signing and she was still as over as if she talk extensively. Becky's video package blew my mind it is the type of thing of I play out in my head for years. Glad they addressed her career so far and especially the Irish dancing thing. Glad they are tapping into her real life story as well as her endearing nature.

I think the video kind of served an additional purpose as it actually displayed to people watching that Becky did all these things rather than just having non-credible announcers vaguely refer to someone wrestling "overseas". One of the key "aspects" of NXT is the worship of Wrestlers from outside of WWE and from the indies. They are seen as better, more often than not the babyfaces etc. I think the video was a sign they want everyone to know that Becky is in that private members club. I am surprised that people online didn't make a big deal out of Becky and Fergal being linked on screen for the first time ever to my mind on WWE TV - especially on Boards it has to be said. :p

CElQ20ZWgAA5nRu.jpg

My brain switched off for Breeze and Itami as I've seen it too many times. Was disheartened that Balor was on commentary. As I guess they don't trust him to talk. Balor looked like a star though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Honestly, one of the only things I don't like about NXT is the crowd. It's nearly too smarky.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Dillinger was in the main event v Owens at a live event last night. Plenty of the NXT roster were hyping him up on Twitter including Owens so maybe they're going to push him.

Sang the ballad of Tye Dillinger on Boards a fair few times! He was the clear #1 with a bullet guy in WWE developmental around 06/07-ish. They paired him with Cody Rhodes to get Cody ready and they feuded Tye (then named Shawn Spears) and Cody to get Cody ready. Then Cody lapped Tye by getting called up (still way to soon to be honest) while Tye was kept in developmental and was later called up to ECW half halfheartedly as Gavin Spears and then was released.

I really don't know why WWE didn't see much in Tye at that time. But I strong believe if he had a famous father he probably would have been in Legacy.

To me it always seemed that Cody kind of carries this weird sense of guilt over him making it and Tye not. Tye was rehired for NXT as a favour to Dusty Rhodes. Today Cody listed Dillinger among the people he would call up:

https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/status/597057132559605760

It is pretty much the shared opinion in NXT that Tye is the most underrated worker there. However call up wise he is in a weird position as he is 34 years old now.

CElYZdCWYAAjqw-.jpg

THE 90'S ROYAL RUMBLE FONT

NXT VS PREDATOR

If Dusty is in his corner I am surprised we have not seen him with a more defined character.

DM_7 wrote: »
    If Dusty is in his corner I am surprised we have not seen him with a more defined character.

He has had a million gimmicks on NXT Live Events but he has recently hit on something that works. But I am sure how "TV" it is. As a heel after each match he rates it out of ten like they do in dance or gymnastics:

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/596869314789146624

Eventually he gets his comeuppance once his match comes. Babyfaces also steal his cards during matches and they do keep away spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    Using "whack" as an insult in 2015 could be totally heelish move but her pronouncing excellent as "egcellent" indicate she's not with it.

Reminded me of

Though to me it sounded like a compliment since how could anyone say something negative about Devin's body?
    rovert wrote: »
    He has had a million gimmicks on NXT Live Events but he has recently hit on something that works. But I am sure how "TV" it is. As a heel after each match he rates it out of ten like they do in dance or gymnastics:
    Eventually he gets his comeuppance once his match comes. Babyfaces also steal his cards during matches and they do keep away spots.
    So he'll give Triple H a 4?

That's the promo there. As I said I've no idea if she in on your own joke. But she does have a lot of self confidence and (I am going to say it) a captivating screen presence:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pd9np_dana-brooke-backstage-segment_webcam
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So he'll give Triple H a 4?

Dillinger's Perfect 10 gimmick may sound crap or something they'd lumber Sandow with to see if he can get it over from the way I am describing it. But Tye uses it in a lot of creative ways. After a nearfall:

https://twitter.com/WGWPhotos/status/597114262088122369

Meant to post earlier that Sasha stamping the contract with her own stamp was great. She really owns her character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think since Dana's calling herself the "total diva" then she's meant to sound a little bit pompous and cheesy. Reminds me a bit of how I found Summer Rae's promos odd but then I realised she's meant to be a vapid bimbo and it made more sense. It's different than Charlotte's early promos where she just sounded bad

It's strange that they'd have Becky be the face in this feud. I'd always assumed Sasha would turn face and allow Becky to become the top heel. Weird to turn her back so soon after she only turned heel in November

Advertisement