Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think since Dana's calling herself the "total diva" then she's meant to sound a little bit pompous and cheesy. Reminds me a bit of how I found Summer Rae's promos odd but then I realised she's meant to be a vapid bimbo and it made more sense. It's different than Charlotte's early promos where she just sounded bad

It's strange that they'd have Becky be the face in this feud. I'd always assumed Sasha would turn face and allow Becky to become the top heel. Weird to turn her back so soon after she only turned heel in November

They've flip flopped on Becky for sure. But Full Sail wants to cheer her and Becky is known at live events for being great with kids. I get the sense that given Becky's natural looks and figuring out her hair, make up etc they want someone looking like THAT a babyface. Also Dana Brooke has debuted as a heel and the two Aussies seem to be heels. So flipping Becky face makes sense in terms of equalising the roster. I think and hope they've finally figured Becky out. I think Becky has figured Becky out too.

Wouldn't turn Sasha unless I knew what the plan was in terms of calling her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I'm a big fan of Dillinger and would like to see this character on NXT TV.

Plus he's very pretty to look at so that helps. Sometimes that's all I need

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Just wondering is your username an Aksana reference? In her first promo she called herself "a billion dollar baby from Lithuania"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey, does anyone know if there....

1. Is a list of dates for NXT recordings
    2. Do you buy tickets, free entry or how does it work?

Just checked and Full sail ain't a kick in the ass away from where I will be in a few weeks when I go to Florida :P

Just wondering is your username an Aksana reference? In her first promo she called herself "a billion dollar baby from Lithuania"

Yes you've rumbled me! I am Aksana!!

No I never knew that about her. It's from a song I heard and it just sorta stuck in my head. Trying to create a username that I would remember was quite difficult so that name just popped into my head

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Meant to post earlier that Sasha stamping the contract with her own stamp was great. She really owns her character.

Refound this some lad was really bothered by Sasha not signing for him:
    tumblr_nmeokpsis31t4ia1to1_1280.jpg

If you have any sympathy his subsequent messages revealed himself to be a real dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Good to see WWE admit that Becky Lynch's Irish Jig gimmick was an absolute sad act. She's doing a lot better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

American fan being precious shocker!!! Im surprised he didnt try to sue her

Good to see WWE admit that Becky Lynch's Irish Jig gimmick was an absolute sad act. She's doing a lot better now.

Me too. Hopefully it will cut down on the slagging and cat calls.

Hope you have watched the great ESPN special as it will give you an appreciation for how pressured the character creation process can be:
    https://vid.me/xkLO

A character wasn't coming with Becky after trialing dozens. So she just gave up/gave in with the Irish Dancer thing. Kind of a "late in day" desperation move demonstrated by the fact it was only tried out on one or two NXT house shows before it debuted and how shaky her TV debut was. I always wonder how Becky's character would have developed if NXT didn't release Creative Assistant Rob Naylor. Naylor was one of her biggest fans back in the day and might be the difference maker in WWE actually signing Becky. But Becky and Rob were passing ships sadly.

No idea if her job was at stake but relative to the standards of that time Becky was taking forever to debut on TV by NXT Diva standards. Also she was coming in with a rep as a Wrestler and was signed for serious money by developmental standards. So anyway as bad as it was the Irish Dancer thing was a foot in the door for her.

I don't get why people think the Irish jig thing was such a big deal. If I recall it only lasted maybe 2 episodes before she tweaked the character. You'd barely remember it if it wasn't brought up the whole time.

Remember when Bayley first debuted and she was a basic heel? Exactly

I get why she is bringing it up as its giving her character a bit of depth but people act like it was this big laughing stock and I didn't think it was. Now if she'd been dancing around the ring with Hornswaggle then fair enough

• Advertisement

According to Wikipedia (yes I know) Tyler Breeze has been in developmental for nearly 5 years!! That can't be right can it? I mean I know he's been there a long time but that must be some kind of record surely?

He was trained by Lance Storm so you'd think he'd have half the work done before he got to NXT. I think I read somewhere, maybe FSM, that Storm trains his students to the standard that he knows WWE looks for so I can't understand the hold up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

rovert wrote: »
    Me too. Hopefully it will cut down on the slagging and cat calls.

Hope you have watched the great ESPN special as it will give you an appreciation for how pressured the character creation process can be:
    https://vid.me/xkLO

A character wasn't coming with Becky after trialing dozens. So she just gave up/gave in with the Irish Dancer thing. Kind of a "late in day" desperation move demonstrated by the fact it was only tried out on one or two NXT house shows before it debuted and how shaky her TV debut was. I always wonder how Becky's character would have developed if NXT didn't release Creative Assistant Rob Naylor. Naylor was one of her biggest fans back in the day and might be the difference maker in WWE actually signing Becky. But Becky and Rob were passing ships sadly.

No idea if her job was at stake but relative to the standards of that time Becky was taking forever to debut on TV by NXT Diva standards. Also she was coming in with a rep as a Wrestler and was signed for serious money by developmental standards. So anyway as bad as it was the Irish Dancer thing was a foot in the door for her.

I did watch it, well, most of it. Really good stuff. I cared more about Adam Rose is 30 seconds than I could ever possibly care about that electric picnic gimmick he has. I can't believe they still wont allow wrestlers to be themselves, at least a little bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Breeze is a former FCW champ and even a tag champ with Reigns (Leakee) so he is around a long time.

Like anyone, it's their USP, persona that needs to be found before they will get a call up.

The Tyler Breeze persona should get him called up but might not have longevity and be a problem like Adam Rose, Xavier Woods 90s lover or Bolieve Bo Dallas. Maybe they are holding off for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DM_7 wrote: »
    Breeze is a former FCW champ and even a tag champ with Reigns (Leakee) so he is around a long time.

Like anyone, it's their USP, persona that needs to be found before they will get a call up.

The Tyler Breeze persona should get him called up but might not have longevity and be a problem like Adam Rose, Xavier Woods 90s lover or Bolieve Bo Dallas. Maybe they are holding off for that reason.

He is around quite a long time alright. I think the Breeze character is great though, and he's quite capable in the ring too. I fear though, he may been seen as a bit small when called up.

I see a lot of Shawn Michaels in him, but he's shorter than Shawn was. Maybe he could get lifts!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/597884107520135168

WWE will act like Zayn and Itami are still on the show until this Wednesday's episode of NXT where presumably new matches will be made.

Charlotte Flair and Tessa Blanchard

https://instagram.com/p/2jznpvvWME

Hopefully Tessa gets signed the Horsewomen will be feuding these soon:

https://twitter.com/WGWPhotos/status/597872400932405248

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So is Zayn definitely out of Takeover?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So is Zayn definitely out of Takeover?

Anything won't be officially announced until after Wednesday's taping.

Akira Tozawa needs to sign like yesterday. Uhaa Nation's best friend and a massive NXT fan:
    https://twitter.com/TozawaAkira/status/598476620278595586

Would be have been a better choice than Itami. Akira has a charisma that plays well in front of US crowds. Kind of like Tajiri in that respect.

Former WWE Diva Eve was at the Performance Centre this week:

https://twitter.com/EveTorresGracie/status/598546437576720384

CE58xQ_W8AAt0KO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Who's that girl beside eve

sky88 wrote: »
    Who's that girl beside eve

Dasha Kuret she is sometimes on the TV show as a ring announcer or backstage interviewer. She made her in ring debut recently on a NXT live event:

CCSqeAvW4AATsAM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hopefully he's not working us, but it looks like Sami might be good to go next week!
    https://twitter.com/iLikeSamiZayn/status/598692538514612224?s=09

From Philly tonight
    CFAgd7sWMAEY0Qd.jpg

The ultimate Triple H selfie:

GVaWXNl.jpg

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/599046614678949888

Regal said recently there's an 18 month plan to internationally tour NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

The last NXT episode may have been so-so but I had goosebumps from the Zayn/Owens segment. It was like a reverse Sandman/Raven angle with the mention of Steen's son.

Steen's downbeat delivery of how he was going to hurt Zayn was genuinely chilling.

It reminded me of that famous Nobby Stiles quote from the 1966 World Cup re: Eusebio, which I'm sure is apocryphal, where, when asked to take Eusebio out by the manager he said, "for the match, or for good?"

Wonderful story being told by these two at the absolute pinnacle of what wrestling can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So who will win on Wednesday? I think Kevin Owens should dominate him again.

I havent had the network since February. Got it back in today.

Just wondering what NXT matches are worth checking out since then?

• Advertisement

Carmella annoys the life out of me

Advertisement