Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

rovert wrote: »
    The NXT Unstoppable preview show:
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v121686783

Don't bother with this if you been watching the TV shows the last 3 weeks. No new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Does it start at 1am over here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

den87 wrote: »
    Does it start at 1am over here?
    Yup, it does indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Angron wrote: »
    Yup, it does indeed.

Pre-show or main show at 1?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pre-show is up at half 12, main show at 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ah, nice to be watching Elizabeth on the Network before Becky takes centre stage. Scene-setting.

The deal with Sylvester LeFort is WWE were going to call him up as a manager but he said he wanted to be a wrestler as well and kicked a huge fuss about it. They removed him completely from TV and Live Events. As he got major heat for being a moron as he is an AWFUL wrestler. Being a manager IS his ceiling. He was injured for a period too.

Feel so sad for Sasha. Last night at the NXT tapings her fiance - who is an indie Wrestler named Mikaze wrestled the Vaudevillians. He got knocked out in the match and the taping was stopped. He was stretched out in a scary situation:
    CFksqd5VEAA3k4Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any taping spoilers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any taping spoilers ?

Yes.
    They taped 4 weeks worth. Big storyline arc - Samoa Joe wrestles twice. Keeps his name and finish is still the Muscle Buster. In week 4, he wrestles Kevin Owens to a no contest, pull apart brawl kinda deal. Joe gets the better of the situation.

• Advertisement

Any taping spoilers ?

There are bar one or two things they just happened:

http://prowrestling.net/article.php?5-21-WWE-NXT-TV-Taping-SPOILERS-for-May-27-thru-June-17-Kevin-Owens-vs.-Samoa-Joe-Finn-B-lor-vs.-Rhyno-Kevin-Owens-vs.-Solomon-Crowe-Enzo-Cass-and-Carmella-vs.-Blake-Murphy-and-Alexa-The-Vaudevillains-return-and-more-42356

My very brief thoughts:
    JOE VS STEEN!

Can't believe they just gave away Becky Lynch vs Jessie McKay. Not everyone watches SHIMMER or Women's Wrestling but that's an indie dream. I hope they give Jessie a promo or video package.

Ryder & Rawley as a team is interesting.

I think Blake & Murphy are fantastic. They've got it all - the look, they can talk, and now that they've added Alexa Bliss to the fold, i think it's just a matter of time before they are called up.

They shouldn't have changed their entrance theme though - the Dubstep stuff suited them really well. Oh, and they should definitely keep the topknots going - instant heat seekers!

Speaking of music they apparently changed Emma's music say it ain't so.

Apparently Sasha hurt her arm at Unstoppable. No idea how bad.

In fairness to her she did three **** type singles matches in a span of a week:
    http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=10962&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I noticed she was grimacing and holding her arm after the match. The ref went to raise it and she stopped him so he raised her other arm. Didn't occur to me that she was actually hurt but she obviously was.

Looking at the results again it looks like
    Tyler Breeze will be a babyface going forward
    . NXT just lost Itami, Zayn and Neville so I guess that's the main reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    Looking at the results again it looks like
    Tyler Breeze will be a babyface going forward
    . NXT just lost Itami, Zayn and Neville so I guess that's the main reasoning.

I noticed that too,
    cant see him yet as a face but ill watch and wait.
    He reminds me of a young Chris Jericho in his looks and in some of his moveset.

It's that time of the cycle again where next Wednesday can't come soon enough! I always avoid the spoilers on here so I'm really looking forward to seeing what happened at the tapings.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I noticed that too,
    cant see him yet as a face but ill watch and wait.
    He reminds me of a young Chris Jericho in his looks and in some of his moveset.

He's amazing. He reminds me of Shawn Michaels back in the day, from the gimmick to the singing his own entrance. He's slightly shorter though

If that isn't who you're talking about already, Tyler Breeze is very like a 1993 edition of Shawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's the feeling on who attacked Hideo? I've seen a lot of people online speculating it was Finn, but I can't see that as I reckon he's staying babyface ahead of his move to the main roster.

I was thinking it could be Corbin.

• Advertisement

My first instinct was that it was going to turn out that Tyler did it. Now though I really can't figure out who.

What's the feeling on who attacked Hideo? I've seen a lot of people online speculating it was Finn, but I can't see that as I reckon he's staying babyface ahead of his move to the main roster.

I was thinking it could be Corbin.

Ninjas looking for Joe again :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed she was grimacing and holding her arm after the match. The ref went to raise it and she stopped him so he raised her other arm. Didn't occur to me that she was actually hurt but she obviously was.

I just guessed it was sasha just doing a great job selling the work Becky did on her arm during the match.

If that isn't who you're talking about already, Tyler Breeze is very like a 1993 edition of Shawn.

That's who I meant alright

I've been a bit concerned that others have come and been called up before him. Any ideas there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've been a bit concerned that others have come and been called up before him. Any ideas there?

Perhaps they are finally learning that if they don't have something for someone too do on Raw long term there's no point calling them up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Sorry if this has been addressed before but is Owens not allowed use that package piledriver he had in ROH?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

D-FENS wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been addressed before but is Owens not allowed use that package piledriver he had in ROH?

No. Piledrivers are exclusive to Undertaker and Kane now on special occasions only. No spiking of the head any more.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah on
    Tyler Breeze being a babyface
    I asked he was smiling a lot during his matches and he wasn't a jerk to the referees. Also what I was told was:
    He's normally the kind of guy who lives his gimmick, but yeah he also signed for fans when holding food take out. Might be a sure sign.

Advertisement