Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Owens is amazing that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id cheer for anyone booked like that in fairness, strong and fearless.

Lets hope he goes over Cena in so way for form and doesnt suffer being Rusev'd (or Wyatt'd/Umaga'd/etc)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Alexa makes Blake and Murphy look like stars rather than try hards.

Owens, like Rollins is so good as a heel, hateable but his work is still enjoyable.

Was a little disappointed Becky didn't have a match, even a short one, rather than the video package. But with the main event, Finn and Blake/Murphy getting the obvious wins it was enough for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They should've started chanting Run Owens Run.
    Any guesses as to who attacked Itami since Owens is denying it and assuming it's not Rikishi?

And I would not consider Alexa jumping on top of me an insult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Jesus, Joe's music has to be the worst ever.

I'm guessing in the long-run Finn will beat Owens and then it will be revealed that Finn attacked Itami, leading to a feud between the two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Ditto on Joe's music it's shocking.

Unless we're gonna see the return of "The REAL Rock N Rolla" then I don't wana see Finn turn heel anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From Sasha's Tumblr yesterday

3I4gcsi.png

PQbSmm9.png

YhXPJAG.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Is that legit? Was she hacked?

LeeJM wrote: »
    Is that legit? Was she hacked?

Why would she be hacked? She IS a fan girl.

Just seems strange to be asking fans to tweet SCSA on her behalf and then name dropping Kenta and Foley. Im not having a go and I think its great that shes still such a big fan but it just seems like an odd thing to do. Like the kinda thing WWE higher ups wouldnt like

• Advertisement

Just seems strange to be asking fans to tweet SCSA on her behalf and then name dropping Kenta and Foley. Im not having a go and I think its great that shes still such a big fan but it just seems like an odd thing to do. Like the kinda thing WWE higher ups wouldnt like

A lot of it is stuff you'd expect a 23 year old woman who is interested in fashion would post on social media but often she goes on serious Wrestling kicks. She's obsessed with Eddie Guerrero. Posts about Japanese Wrestling too. And posts things like fan photoshopped "manips" of her and Balor or Reigns being a couple. :P She had/has a serious Wrestle crush on Itami/KENTA and took weeks to muster up the courage to talk to him when he came to NXT.

http://sashabankswwe.tumblr.com/

At one stage she gave more character development to Becky than NXT Creative ever did. Also like a year ago she was shading/taking thinly veiled shots at people. Often Charlotte. But that isn't really a feature now. Overall it is a cool page to visit before and after her matches as it is a visual expression of someone who enjoys what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Jesus, Joe's music has to be the worst ever.

Just terrible.
    Reminds me of something awfully generic they would overdub on an ECW re-release to avoid copyright issues. Shockingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Why wouldn't the higher-ups like it? It's not like she is actively promoting non-WWE stars and legends. It's good promotion for those people, shows on the Network and also for the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After watching this weeks episode and maybe it's just me but I don't get whatever Solomon Crowe is trying to be. He looks ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought he was actually alright this week. Maybe it makes more sense after watchin Mad Max.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    After watching this weeks episode and maybe it's just me but I don't get whatever Solomon Crowe is trying to be. He looks ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/WWECrowe/status/604504122595897344

The main highlights from the NXT House Show in Citrus Springs, FL

Becky Lynch defeated Lina Fanene

Charlotte, Carmella, and Devin Taylor def. Sasha Banks, Jessie McKay, and KC Cassidy.

If that trio made TV all bets are off:
    https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/604482480184434688

Finn Balor defeated Baron Corbin
    https://twitter.com/Flatfootmcgee/status/604496161337176064

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I know it's a bit off topic but how does devitt preform that leg stomp (and others) with out hurting lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit off topic but how does devitt preform that leg stomp (and others) with out hurting lads?

*I am not a wrestler*

It is a good question. Basically he bends his knees on impact and rolls off. Takes lots of practice. His opponent really tenses their stomach too.

You need to know how to jump and go through the stomp motion without actually stomping. Falling on to your opponent who should raise up their body off the ground negate some of the jumpers momentum. When contact is made the jumper falls/jumps off as quickly as they can to keep from putting pressure on their opponent longer than is necessary to land.

Low Ki and especially Kevin Sullivan's versions are a lot more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    Charlotte, Carmella, and Devin Taylor def. Sasha Banks, Jessie McKay, and KC Cassidy.

If that trio made TV all bets are off:
    https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/604482480184434688

Ah here lads..

• Advertisement

WWE.com just put up a tonne of Samoa Joe in RoH photos. Just had a quick glance and Kenta, Danielson and Kobashi pics are all in there

Becky & Balor did their first ever NXT preshow meet and greet together. They've been pictured together in massive NXT group shots before but never side by side:

https://twitter.com/JBooshay83/status/604790115081326593

The streak is over.

Braun Stowman bypassed NXT TV and worked a Smackdown dark match:

https://twitter.com/WSonlineTV/status/605907740548988930

Talked about him before on here. Billed as 6 ft 8 in and 385 lb. He's a former Strongman whenever he works NXT Live Events everyone comments how much magnetism he has. I think he has worked 5-6 matches in public ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Successor to Big Show ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Successor to Big Show ?

Nodody can ever replace the icon and wrestling God that is the big show.

Successor to Big Show ?

He looks a lot like Mike Knox/Knux in TNA.

Apparently he is Matt Bloom's (Tensai/Albert) understudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He was the guy in the armour in Adam's original Rosebuds, wasn't he?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He was the guy in the armour in Adam's original Rosebuds, wasn't he?

That would be correct.

A few day ago Jasmine Areebi from NXT BRIEFLY had up a Instagram video which she deleted of her talking in Arabic with some hashtags suggesting they'll really play her heritage. Just missed it personally.

I've talked about her before but she's an immature 20 year old. But the bigger thing is that she represents kind of a generation gap. She's a child of social media the instagram video above was fairly benign - she was just excited about her character and her first thought was to post about it online. But friends are hoping she doesn't post something actually inadvisable.

Interesting that WWE may attempt a positive Arabic character though.

Advertisement