Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If Samoa Joe has injured Tyson Kidd, do you think it's going to affect his standing with the company? Just the above post by Castor about Andrea made me wonder what they thought then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

If Samoa Joe has injured Tyson Kidd, do you think it's going to affect his standing with the company? Just the above post by Castor about Andrea made me wonder what they thought then.

That kinda stuff depends on the guy, it depends on the position of the wrestler injured and where and how it occurred. Iirc Kennedy got major heat for dropping a post-collar bone injured Randy Orton on his shoulder. During Zayns match with Cena Vince had one of the commentators ask "is this kid injury prone?".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider reported Pro Wrestling NOAH regulars Shane Haste & Mikey Nichols are at the tryouts. Both go way back with Devitt.

Shane Haste is the Shawn Michaels of the team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This week's show certainly felt like developmental rather than a potential touring brand.

Main event was interesting to see Finn work against a bigger opponent. That gore looked awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

God I hate the Fulł Sail crowd! The eva Marie stuff was just ridiculous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

God I hate the Fulł Sail crowd! The eva Marie stuff was just ridiculous!!

She handled it well I thought

People wonder why I harp on about Wrestler’s social media and online presence so much when it comes to getting hired by WWE in 2015:
    With Jessica Havok at the WWE tryout camp going on right now at the Performance Center, some fans started pointing out various tweets she wrote a few years ago that used racial and homophobic slurs. She started deleting those tweets, which didn’t help, as screen grabs had been taken and she didn’t realize that she had written literally dozens of other tweets using similar language. Obviously, in 2015, that makes WWE a lot less likely to hire her, so she tweeted this apology out in several parts:

“I want to apologize whole heartedly for the OLD tweets that are being brought up right now. Legit, It was years ago and i don’t even rem.tweeting over half of this stuff. The stuff i do remember was jokes that were in bad taste. I was young and very new to social media promo and i was very immature and just said things to make my friends laugh at the time. Inside jokes between us. I don’t really feel or believe any of the things i DID actually tweet. I am a loving, compassionate person and i LOVE everyone. No mater who! I would die for any wrestling fan and i care so much about wrestling and everything in it. I would not be here without any of you. I was young, stupid & immature. I am not too proud to admit some of it was me being bitter for all the wrong reasons, but I’ve learned and grown from this .. i hope this can be forgiven. I love you guys.”

She also told David Gilbert of TalkTNAPodcast.com that she also had an ex that “used to play on her phone.” For whatever it’s worth, in the past, she used the song “Third Reich from the Sun” by Hanzel und Gretyl as entrance music. There seems to be disagreement as to whether or not they’re a “white power” band, a satirical take on “white power” bands, or a band that claims to have no official political ideology but uses some Nazi imagery.

Went thought your typical online outrage, apology cycle. Trending on Twitter can’t be the best impression to make. Havok since deleted the apology.

Female wrestlers are more susceptible to this stuff as there’s a group of Wrestling fans a lot of people don’t know about. There’s a lot of primarily gay male Diva fans who follow Wrestlers like they do models and singers who feed off of or manufacture/fantasy book drama. They are pretty vicious and forensic when it comes to digging up dirt and in real time screen grabbing things.

If WWE turn down Havok people will likely blame the situation above but I also heard she showed up in terrible cardio shape. Something that shouldn’t surprise given how bad she looked and moved in TNA and on recent indie shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Anybody who knows of Jessicka Havok would know what she looks like surely? Her size and shape should not be of any surprise. Does WWE know anything of the people at the tryouts or are the scouts completely unaware of them?

As far as the old tweets go then I'm not sure how that would affect her chances. I'm a gay male wrestling fan, not just a Diva fan, who honestly couldn't care less of any old tweets she had. People can say stupid things when they are young. Should it affect her career? Why should it? I personally haven't seen them and think anybody going looking years back into someone's Twitter is probably very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unfortunately for her, out of those 4 Bayley seems to be the one who's least likely to be brought up at the moment.

Was just thinking, one or 2 of the NXT guys need to start answering the NXT open challenge on RAW/Smackdown if it continues. Get some exposure and also have Balor wondering why everyone's going ahead of him before going himself.

• Advertisement

Lina and Eva Marie are behind Flair in the background.

WWE-WWN thing has reached worst kept secret in Wrestling territory. Today will be a very busy day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    WWE-WWN thing has reached worst kept secret in Wrestling territory. Today will be a very busy day.

The Waterford Whispers News? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Any word on the tryouts Rovert?

Havok sounds like she's fairly ****ed but i'm not a big fan of hers.

Gargano and Athena are the ones i'd love to see.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Any word on the tryouts Rovert?

Havok sounds like she's fairly ****ed but i'm not a big fan of hers.

Gargano and Athena are the ones i'd love to see.

WWE-WWN deal renders any word on tryouts moot.

Ageyev wrote: »
    That kinda stuff depends on the guy, it depends on the position of the wrestler injured and where and how it occurred. Iirc Kennedy got major heat for dropping a post-collar bone injured Randy Orton on his shoulder. During Zayns match with Cena Vince had one of the commentators ask "is this kid injury prone?".
    I always thought Ken Kennedy got a raw deal. He could have been a big deal I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am only one who thinks NXT has not been great since after NXT Unstoppable?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Bull was absolute GOLD on this episode.

• Advertisement

Heard about this last Friday and talked to everyone in the free world about it. Via PWInsider:
    According to a well placed WWE source, the potential WWNLive-WWE NXT deal came about due to a number of factors:

*I noted earlier that the timing of WWE initiating contact with WWNLive was around the time ROH announced their TV deal with Destination America, but an equal or perhaps bigger factor was the Ring of Honor action figure line being released through Rhode Island-based online retailer Figures Inc. Although the action figure line was a deal ROH made well over a year ago, WWE took notice of it when a Kevin Steen (Owens) figure was announced for the first series. I am told Steen signed a deal for that figure well, well before he signed with WWE (late 2013 I believe) but it was just coming out now due to delays on Figures Inc.'s end. I am told that the Steen announcement led to WWE taking a deeper look into what Figures Inc. was doing, as the retailer are preparing their own independent wrestling action figure line.

*WWE, according to my source, did not want to get into a situation where two years from now they sign someone from the independents to a WWE deal but when it comes time to license them, they would then have to go through a third party (or worse, a third party that once sued them, as Figures Inc. did over WWE allegedly double-crossing them on the production and sale of title replica belts - a suit that was settled) in order to negotiate and obtain the licensing rights.

*The source I spoke with believed the potential deal would be that as part of the WWE relationship with WWN, that WWN would continue to sign "top independent talents" to deals that now would include merchandising and licensing rights, so that if and when WWE wanted to bring them into NXT, they wouldn't have the headache of having to piecemeal all the licensing rights from third parties.

*The implication I was given is that if an independent talent has signed a third party merchandising deal with any sort of exclusivity, WWE wouldn't be interested in signing them. Now, there will always be exceptions to the rule, but that was the mindset that was explained to me by my source.

*The other factor I didn't write about earlier that was mentioned to me this evening was SHINE Wrestling,WWN's women's wrestling promotion. With NXT's women's division being built around strong, athletic, female workers, WWE is interested in having a group of women they can have "official" access to for potential WWE NXT use and SHINE is Florida-based.

*The basic idea that has been explained to me is that WWE and WWN would have an official relationship, so that any WWN signed talents would be available for WWE to pick up and sign without any outside hassles that could come about with those talents having signed third-party deals elsewhere.

*My source made it very clear that the deal is nowhere close to done and that there's no guarantee it will end up completed, but said it was something that was being pushed through by top WWE developmental officials. To me, that means Triple H.

That is the latest we have. As noted earlier, neither WWE nor WWN have returned official requests for comments.

WWN is a group of promotions namely EVOLVE, FIP and SHINE.

I can't take to Becky's new look at all. I don't think it suits her really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So it would be similar to the deal OCW had a few years back yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Gerry its ok, you are allowed to be wrong sometimes :pac: seriously though I love her new look and think she looks seriously f'n hot.

Good episode I thought. No standout matches but everything had a purpose. Emma as a heel is so great and she looks amazing! Liked both the Dana and Finn videos. Finn is defo gonna get the big push for the Tokyo show and wouldnt be surprised if Owens/Balor is the Main Event.

Corbin is boring and aimless at the moment. Tyler Breeze needs to be called up asap! He gets it and his character is main roster ready. Ryder and Rawley could actually be a decent team. I'm guessing the NXT crowd will turn them heel and I think as an annoying frat type characters they could work as heels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

How awesome is Owens, how many fueds is he carrying now ? 5? Cena, Joe, Balor, Riley and Zayn....potentially Itami also? Dude is a breath of fresh air

LeeJM wrote: »
    Gerry its ok, you are allowed to be wrong sometimes :pac: seriously though I love her new look and think she looks seriously f'n hot. s

I agree here. But, i think she was hotter as she was, if i'm honest. And don't get me wrong, i do think she's awesome. Just can't take to the new look at all

The new look is better for wrestling though

DM_7 wrote: »
    The new look is better for wrestling though

How do you figure that buddy?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    How do you figure that buddy?

For a few reasons it fits better to me anyway.

In WWE they like Divas to stand out and she now has a look unlike anyone else or a look anyone before her in the women's division. So that is a plus.

It showed some creativity on her part which WWE would like.

Fans generally took to the look as well.

As it was she was a bit too reserved looking even though she was supposed to be adventurous, now it's more eye catching like a modern Lara Croft and more fitting.

It also makes her look more confident so maybe it helps her get her mind into performing rather than just the mechanics of a match. That is a guess on my part though.

• Advertisement

I like her new look, but I probably preferred the gear she wore prior to this, and the hair colour that she had as well. But having said that, she still looks awesome, and I don't think it's a disimprovement or anything, what she's altered in the last while. The labelling of steam punk is a bit daft though if they keep mentioning it every time that she makes her entrance I think. Anyway, her match was fine I guess against the dingo. The setup for the armbar looked a bit confusing and I was guessing that this must have been the night after the last live special. Anyway, she still looked dominant so hopefully we're going to get a rematch between her and Sasha. It would be cool if it was in Japan also.

Advertisement