Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Disgoostin' Armbar is a great name for the finisher :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Watch Charlotte get 90% of the votes as the yoke is rigged:

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/609030721496346624

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky currently joint lowest with Carmella.

Boo that poll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

At least they didn't include Dana on it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Angron wrote: »
    At least they didn't include Dana on it :pac:

Why all the Dana hate? I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

FYI Becky got mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why all the Dana hate? I don't get it.
    Oh I don't hate her, but it's blindly obvious that she's far from main roster ready, and not including her there shows the WWE is aware of it. She has potential, she just needs some more work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought Becky's move setting up the arm bar looked too staged. Like how Jessie put her leg up for Becky to grab it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Angron wrote: »
    Oh I don't hate her, but it's blindly obvious that she's far from main roster ready, and not including her there shows the WWE is aware of it. She has potential, she just needs some more work.

Isn't that what NXT & developmental is all about? :)

Sure there's a few internet darlings signed to garner Network subs and fill small arenas but it's a developmental territory at heart.

Isn't that what NXT & developmental is all about? :)

Sure there's a few internet darlings signed to garner Network subs and fill small arenas but it's a developmental territory at heart.
    Yes, but I was just talking in the context of that poll.

• Advertisement

Tyler Breeze vs. Samoa Joe Vs Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens headlined the NXT show in Pittsburgh.

But apparently Becky vs Sasha stole the show:
    https://twitter.com/seancollierpgh/status/609172190571962369

Tyler retweeted a story about him being unhappy over being in developmental forever
    PNkYlYs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd love if the nxt women were called up together and it lead to a classic survivor series match between those four and a main roster diva and five divas on the main roster now.

Just watching nxt and bull Dempsey was brilliant. Becky looks unreal I don't know if it what's she wearing or her hair but its good that I can remember it. Shows me that she made an impact.

Been moaning/drawing attention to the issues with the NXT trainees on Boards for about a year. Meltzer on the whole WWE/WWN deal:
    CHUeEI-VAAAorBo.png

That Jason Jordan guy could be big in WWE. His match last week he didn't get much in ring time and this week that backstage promo he did just sounded so smooth and I believed what he was saying. Looks like a bigger Shelton Benjamin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Ryback, AJ Lee, Rusev, Big E, Kofi etc suggest development can work for novices. At the same time more experienced guys from ROH etc still flourished.

Developmental can work for new trainees but i think WWE signing so many people to contracts now is cutting down opportunities down for them. Eventually someone is going to figure out its a waste of money to sign too many people who are well behind from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think they must seeing potential $$$ with NXT now which may not have been the original plan when setting it up as a developmental. They now need to line up the next Finn Balor and the next Owens and Zayn and the most likely place to find them is where they "found" the originals. Even if a formal deal doesn't happen they'll just end up signing a lot of the top guys anyway because the money will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

So Bull Dempsey is going to be the new Bastion Booger.

Yay.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed this week's show. Becky was very over and rovert's fave Jessie should be a good addition. Owens is such a smug yoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Joe needs new music, fast.

Becky badly twisted her ankle the first night of the NXT tour this weekend. She's been limping around not on crutches signing autographs the last two nights. There's an NXT TV taping on Thursday so fairly bad timing.

Spoke to someone who attended the Friday and Saturday NXT shows as well as the last NXT tour dates Clevelandi. He noted to me how short the shows were both in terms of length and number of matches (six). You have the Jason Jordans getting "who are you" chants and the better main event level wrestlers in 3 and 4 ways which were still really good matches it kind of robs the undercard of more and better matches. Balor vs Owens vs Joe vs Breeze was the main event for two nights and Balor vs Owens vs Joe being the main event of the other with Tyler Breeze wrestled Baron Corbin on the undercard. For all the online talk of how progressive NXT fans are the women still get "show your tits" chants depending on the city they either get shouted down, silenced by the action in the ring or they simply persist.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    Enjoyed this week's show. Becky was very over and rovert's fave Jessie should be a good addition. Owens is such a smug yoke!

Jessie is REALLY miscast as a heel. Her being mean faced doesn't look right nor did her getting the heat on Becky with that boring armbar. All her girl next door charisma is based on being a plucky underdog babyface who sells a lot.

Owens instantly deleted this tweet/app notification:
    @FightOwensFight: I just activated @Tweet_Delete on my account to automatically delete my old tweets (http://is.gd/delete )!

But still post Havokgate every Wrestler should use that App and similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does Owens have anything dodgy on his Twitter account going back? I know he takes the piss out of marks (myself included in the past) but surely nothing too unsavoury I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Joe needs new music, fast.

Absolutely. Would've thought WWE would be quick to change it! Seeing as they do hear what the general online reaction is, and the overwhelming negativity. I like the intro of it, but no idea why they chose to go into a Black Pope Elijah Burke/Godfather style riff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'd love if the nxt women were called up together and it lead to a classic survivor series match between those four and a main roster diva and five divas on the main roster now.

It's a cool idea, but I'd worry how it would pan out as it seems Vince has actually no clue about the NXT women and their characters...like how he booked Charlotte on her RAW debut, giving her the Flair mannerisms despite her doing the opposite on NXT (and of course jobbing in a few minutes in an awful match!). It seems like he just booked it based on what he'd seen that day.

Just watching this weeks episode and I love enzo, big cass and carmella. Money right there. Alexa seemed to get a clatter off of enzos arm though.

That thing with becky and fergal devitt. It was brilliant and you can really see how much he means to her and I can't wait to see part 2 next week.

The Charlotte and Jessie match was good bar one bit after the pin in the corner when they had to think for a second and it looked akward but that's being picky.

The Dana Brookes interview was good content wise but her not looking directly at the camera was annoying. I'm guessing she is reading off something behind the camera but surely wwe can put a promter next to the camera and not off to the side ?

The main event going to a no contest was smart as befit her guy was got pinned and both looked strong. One thing though is joe needs to change his music, as it in no way fits his character. That's my two cents worth on this weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

That was an amazing video package that they did for Balor. Actually found my eyeballs getting a bit moist when Becky got upset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Are we going to see the two of them reign as champions at the same time? That's what I want.

Advertisement