Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's a cool idea, but I'd worry how it would pan out as it seems Vince has actually no clue about the NXT women and their characters...like how he booked Charlotte on her RAW debut, giving her the Flair mannerisms despite her doing the opposite on NXT (and of course jobbing in a few minutes in an awful match!). It seems like he just booked it based on what he'd seen that day.

On this weeks NXT she was all over the Flair mannerisms - doing the strut and everything, I did not like it! why would she all of a sudden start doing them in NXT....unless she is trying to get used to using them naturally for when she gets a call up - to help paige more than likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's never clear whether she's supposed to be the heel or the face in most of her matches. Cassie looked like she'll be decent given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think Ric Flair adhered to the traditional parameters of what a face or a heel was either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I don't think Ric Flair adhered to the traditional parameters of what a face or a heel was either.

Yeah but he did it in a cool, "I don't give a fupp" way with a natural charisma.

She's doing it in a "WWE don't have a clue what to do with me" way.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But that could be said about a lot of the performers in the company. Personally I don't really see the case for a big a backlash against her as has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But that could be said about a lot of the performers in the company. Personally I don't really see the case for a big a backlash against her as has been.

Yea id agree. zigglers whole character just screams heel to me being a showboat but in fairness he is over as a face but these days if a heel is really good hell get cheered

That's what I always found was a bit of a cop out with guys like that, Shawn Michaels being another big example. Maybe cop out is the wrong term, but faces and heels can be vague.

Spoilers for next four episodes
    Episode 1:

* Hideo Itami cuts a promo about it’s good to be back, and he will be at the Tokyo show. He wants to face the winner of the NXT title match, but Kevin Owens cuts the promo off and says he’s leaving Japan with his title. Owens says he wants an apology from Itami because he didn’t attack him, but Itami says no, so Owens tries to attack. Finn Balor stops Hideo from being attacked by Owens and brawls with him, then Rhyno meets them on the stage and attacks Balor.

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated Jason Jordan and Sylvester Lefort

* Dana Brooke defeated KC Cassidy

* Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley (“Hype Bros”) Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins

* Finn Balor defeated Rhyno
    Owens and Rhyno tried to attack Balor, but Samoa Joe made the save

Episode 2:

* The Vaudevillians defeated The Mechanics (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)

* Baron Corbin defeated a Tucker Knight

* Emma defeated Carmella

* Tyler Breeze defeated Tye Dillinger

* Samoa Joe and Finn Balor defeated Kevin Owens and Rhyno
    (Balor pinned Owens)

Episode 3:

* Charlotte and Sasha Banks defeated Emma and Dana Brooke.
    After the match, Charlotte challenges Sasha to a title match, which Sasha accepts.

* Solomon Crowe defeated Marcus Louis

* The Vaudevillians defeated Enzo and Cass in a #1 contenders match

* Jason Jordan and Chad Gable defeated Elias Samson and Steve Cutler

* Samoa Joe defeated Axel Tucker

Episode 4:

* Jason Jordan and Chad Gable defeated Elias Samson and Steve Cutler

* Eva Marie cuts a short promo saying that she’ll be watching the title match and will make her debut next week.

* Blake and Murphy defeated Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton

* Sami Zayn comes out and says he probably won’t be back in the ring by the end of the year but he’s not finished. Sami says he will come back better than ever and he’s coming for NXT Champion Kevin Owens.
    (NOTE: He did not specify whether Owens would still have the belt, since this will likely air after the July 4th special.)

* Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte in an amazing main event. They hugged after and teared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He did adhere to it its just the Crowd were cheering him and that was because he was so charismatic on the mic. I mean if you watch old nwa he is cutting heel promos and where there should be booing there are women screaming and I think there were guys that used to dress in suits in the audience. It must have been very strange in the 1980s nwa to be getting that reaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just on the tapings. My thoughts more or less.
    Johnny Gargano worked the dark match against Uhaa Nation as an enhancement talent. He was part of the last set of tryouts. Everyone heard back on whether they would be signed earlier this week. It is fairly transparent he was successful. There's apparently at least six people were signed. Gargano was used as WWE writer Ryan Ward is also from Cleveland and saw Johnny at the NXT Live Event there last week.

Bayley has a broken bone in her hand and Becky hurt her ankle last weekend so they were kept off the tapings here. No Bull Dempsey either for whatever reason.

Following it on Twitter people in attendance seemed to think Owens was retaining on July 4th. WWE pattern booking would indicate that as Balor pinned Owens going into the title match.

The taping seemed to be Charlotte's swan song but this is the third time people have thought that. :P Guess she will be Paige's partner.

• Advertisement

Seems a bit of a waste to be making such a big deal over Balor and building him up for Tokyo if he's not going to win. Surely Owens will be leaving soon anyway?

Pentecost wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a waste to be making such a big deal over Balor and building him up for Tokyo if he's not going to win. Surely Owens will be leaving soon anyway?

I agree. That thinking I wrote about could be out dated.
    A year or two ago the idea that a developmental guy beating John Cena's PPV opponent twice on TV would have been seen as crazy. But I guess if Balor beats Owens again for the NXT title it goes to show how WWE perceives Balor and NXT obviously.
    We live in a crazy new era in a lot of ways. WWE and WWE Developmental are more connected and on par than ever. "NXT is a brand now" etc etc. Kevin Owens didn't go through the same hoops Daniel Bryan and CM Punk did. He debuted as a headliner pretty much.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He did adhere to it its just the Crowd were cheering him and that was because he was so charismatic on the mic. I mean if you watch old nwa he is cutting heel promos and where there should be booing there are women screaming and I think there were guys that used to dress in suits in the audience. It must have been very strange in the 1980s nwa to be getting that reaction.
    Well yeah, you have a point. But I think his constant bleeding and selling became more of a babyface characteristic going forward. A lot of the things that Shawn Michaels employed as a babyface were things that Flair used as a heel.

Poor Bayley has to resort to one armed hugs. She did an interview last night instead of wrestling:

https://instagram.com/p/4KJACnoXvE/

Uhaa Nation wrestled Solomon Crowe:

https://instagram.com/p/4IxBLFoXmW/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rovert wrote: »
    Poor Bayley has to resort to one armed hugs. She did an interview last night instead of wrestling:

What happened to her arm? I wasn't even aware she was injured

What happened to her arm? I wasn't even aware she was injured

She broke a bone in her hand.

NXT did three shows on the other side of the Country last weekend in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and two dates in Ohio one in Cleveland and one in Columbus.

Bayley hurt her hand on the first night but wrestled the next two nights in a cast apparently in a lot of pain. As I said in another thread Carmella has started to document her and Bayley's travels on the Periscope App. They recorded a video the morning after Bayley got hurt sitting at breakfast and Bayley was hiding her hand under the dining table but when talking instinctual moved her hand out from under the table then realising she did it quick as a flash put it back under the table.

rovert, do you know if he went under the name One Man Nation?

rovert, do you know if he went under the name One Man Nation?

He still seems to be Uhaa Nation.

Two debuts this weekend:

https://twitter.com/JefeMannyGarcia/status/612501900760584192

He's a former indie Wrestler from the Mid Atlantic region and a Champion ballroom dancer. Very charismatic.

https://twitter.com/WGWDesign/status/612512948632875008

In a Six Women’s Tag Team Match Nhooph Al-Areebi who wrestled on the indies made her debut as a heel with a Persian Princess character. Seemingly over did it on the make as she is never unrecognisable. The match was Alexa Bliss, Lina & Nhooph Areebi vs Carmella, Devin Taylor & KC Cassidy.

So the tiny Alexa Bliss stood on the apron the monstrous Lina:
    https://twitter.com/Manic_Pineapple/status/612407829891149824

Last night Bayley did another interview instead of a match got a fan to sign her cast. They obviously have something in Bayley. The children in attendance were said to be upset about her being hurt:
    https://twitter.com/Atexsin2/status/612428477044801536

Here's hoping that they put Bayley into more of the Rey Mysterio Jr./Daniel Bryan category than they do the Santino Marella/Doink one. She has enough talent to put on good matches if given the chance, and be more than someone who appears in comedy skits with whoever is the guest celebrity appearance on Monday Night Raw on a particular week. I really think she's probably as ready as she's going to be for the main roster, with the character that she's playing. Not sure who said it, but I can't stop thinking about the Four Horsewomen coming to help Paige since it was posted on here recently.

• Advertisement

Worst timing imaginable Shane and his tag partner Mikey Nicholls nail their WWE tryout 2-3 weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/612955863318405121

They wrestled each other last in NOAH Haste in Orange and Nicholls in Blue:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tvg1j_mikey-nicholls-vs-shane-haste-noah_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hate Dana Brooke.

I hate her stupid entrance.

I hate how she has to slowly rub her hand down her arm at least 40 times in the time allocated to her on screen.

I hate how she does those stupid arm rolls to arm flexes.

I hate her hairy face.

I hate her voice, she sounds like a bag of baboons attacking a rabbit.

I hate her moveset.

I hate her music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I kind of like her :o

But seriously what do people expect from a girl who made her debut 6-8 months ago?

It's developmental, sometimes that's forgotten.

Six months.

You do get the feeling though she's pushed because of her background though. Like Vince and Trips probably had one look at her and that was that.

I think she has potential though.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I hate Dana Brooke.

I hate her stupid entrance.

I hate how she has to slowly rub her hand down her arm at least 40 times in the time allocated to her on screen.

I hate how she does those stupid arm rolls to arm flexes.

I hate her hairy face.

I hate her voice, she sounds like a bag of baboons attacking a rabbit.

I hate her moveset.

I hate her music

Not a fan then?

I do like that little pat on the head she gives Devin all the time. Instant heel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd give her one.....and then let her throw me around for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

She's quite the gymnast too. Just sayin.......

My sentiments exactly. I reckon I'd enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Her voice is really Annoying me but other then that I think she's ok

Someone needs to fill me in if the girls in second picture went to Jessie McKay's birthday party:
    https://instagram.com/p/4S1iEpr6Ou/
    https://instagram.com/p/4So7znrGlW/

• Advertisement

Forgot this lad was even in NXT. Had a good look but sadly it didn't work out:
    https://twitter.com/kameldickinson/status/613727787946479616

Advertisement